Thread: Custom parts - Anyone here does that

Banned

Custom parts - Anyone here does that

On a different forum for a different hobby/need/job etc we have a sticky that shows off custom work made by varying memebers.

They make one offs as a custom thing or batchs of them for a group that agree to go in on the project.

So i was wandering if we had any skilled people here that have produced some really nice pimped tricked out stuff that would finish a WC setup off perfectly.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrafluorometh View Post
    On a different forum for a different hobby/need/job etc we have a sticky that shows off custom work made by varying memebers.

They make one offs as a custom thing or batchs of them for a group that agree to go in on the project.

So i was wandering if we had any skilled people here that have produced some really nice pimped tricked out stuff that would finish a WC setup off perfectly.
    stuff?
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Guru
    Plenty of people here do that, it might help if you gave an idea of what you wanted.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

What exactly do you mean?
    Q6600 @ 3.5ghz - 26c idle and 38c load
    XFX 4890 - 960/1200
    ASUS 4350 cut to PCIe x1
    OCZ Solid Series SSD, 30GB
    Black Ice II Radiator
    MCP655 Pump (setting 2)
    GA-EP45-UD3R
    1x250GB WD
    1x500GB WD
    1x1TB Hitachi

Xtreme Mentor
    Bei Fei does, just PM him and he can quote you a price. He does great work too.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Morello View Post
    DYI water block in my sig
    DYI = Do Yourself In?

this is probably my favorite custom block
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=228928
    Phenom II 1090t BE @ 3.8
    Mushkin 2x 4gb 1333
    Gigabyte 890fxa-ud5
    EVGA GTX 285 SC
    OCZ agility 3 60gb
    WesternDigitial 1Tb storage
    SilverStone Strider 750w modular
    CoolerMaster Haf 912
    Corsair H70

Xtreme Member
    My custom res made from a bronze pipe.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Asus Maximus II Formula, E8500@4GHz, 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracers, Enermax Infiniti 720 Watt, GTX 460, Creative Audigy, 1Tb HDD, 500Gb External HDD, Asus DVD Burner, HP w1907 Monitor, Custom Acrylic Case.

Water cooled by Swiftech Apogee GT, EK Full Cover, Thermochill PA120.3 & PA160, D5@3, Custom Bronze Res, 7/16 Tubing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    I just though if we had a sticky with it all in once place it would be good

Xtreme Addict
    I just though if we had a sticky with it all in once place it would be good

There is a forum part called "Services", think this thread suits pretty well in there
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I don't think the OP actually wants someone to make something for them - I think they're just interested in seeing what others have done, which is a worthy topic for a pic sticky thread.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Love will tear us apart
    Indeed. Especially here.

So i was wandering if we had any skilled people here that have produced some really nice pimped tricked out stuff
    Yeah, XS has a few
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wez View Post
    There is a forum part called "Services", think this thread suits pretty well in there
    I don't see it and if it's hidden till you get so many posts then that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    I don't think the OP actually wants someone to make something for them - I think they're just interested in seeing what others have done, which is a worthy topic for a pic sticky thread.
    Im not wantin anything made, if there was something pretty nice i might buy it. Say like the DDC heatsink a the Watercool DDC top topic. I just can not see what people have made and think a topic for it is needed.

Chasing After Diety
    do we have custom stuff?

LOL the second person who posted should of been enough.

I think id say Naja if u find him will be the #1 king in DYO Stuff, ranging fro a geothermal cooling loop, down to a big BONG chiller.

After that id say its darthbeavis. He has the title the dark lord of bling for a reason.

Then its probably me, but i focus more into the performance aspect, so i probably have the highest tier eq u can get customized.

duniak would probably fit above DarthBeavis, however i dont know if he keeps all his stuff. (So i really didnt list the builders like him and Bei Fei.)

Im not wantin anything made, if there was something pretty nice i might buy it. Say like the DDC heatsink a the Watercool DDC top topic. I just can not see what people have made and think a topic for it is needed.
    LOL then i would be your favorite person, since ur after the performance tweaks.
    the sinks were done by Bei Fei, modeled and built by him with my concept. :P
    the dual DDC-2 top, well... mine's one of a kind on the forum in that config with a dual inlet.

Now u see why i get away with being an ass on the forum sometimes.
    It doesnt just end here for me, i go further.... Which is why i take crown on performance customizations.

There is no limit on this forum. Your money, and creativity determines the wall in which you end.
    Look at some of DB's projects, all you can say is OMG, at both how awesome it looks, and at the same time how much it costs totaled up!.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 12-18-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Banned
    I think everyones missing the point now.

It's now clear we have memebers here present that are skilled at this custom diy stuff.

So a simple 1 and 1 only topic is needed to show case there workings all in one. Means of contact and loads of info and pics on the item!

Chasing After Diety
    So a simple 1 and 1 only topic is needed to show case there workings all in one. Means of contact and loads of info and pics on the item!
    no we already have enough of those floating around. Use the search, you'll find them.

And you usually show off your work in worklog section.

This main section is usually for general information / trouble shooting.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

We're trying to keep the number of stickies down - I don't think there is enough new stuff for a dedicated sticky, but if anyone has a thread they want stickied, it can go in the Guides and Information section (which, unfortunately, not a lot of people look at).

Also need to be a bit careful about crossing the line with "For Sale" and the Services section, as mentioned above. Agree the best way is for people to showcase their own work in a work log or thread they update regularly (Mick's water cooling case design is a good example).

Xtreme Guru
    You guys seem to be leaving out CD.

For what you are looking for, worklogs are best. There are plenty of cool things showing up in the worklogs. Also check the forums daily as people do post new things they do. If there is anything you want, a few people around here would be able to make it for you though.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC