Thread: Where To Find Various Videocard Bios's

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff

Where To Find Various Videocard Bios's

Heres tons of Nvidia Bios, from the lowest geforce 3 to the FX 5900, theres tons of odd ones here.

http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

heres a good website for both NVidia and ATI bios, mainly newer videocard like the X800 and 6800, but theres alot of FX bios there too.
    and various flash utilities.

http://www.mvktech.net/?

and this place has tons of ATI bios, to choose from.

http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

like always flashing your card is your risk, you screw it up and it's your fault, not the wesbite you download the file from or anything else, cause no one made you try it.
    if you find your card is screwed up, you can do various little things to fix it.

I like using this way to fix screwed up Nvidia flashes.

"Nvflash 4.42" use the command "nvflash -e"

that command will erase the epprom and let you start clean, when the bios is clean, you need a PCI videocard, in you PC along with the AGP card...
    use the PCI card as your videocard, not the AGP.

then get back into nvflash and flash your card back to its original bios before you messed it up.

other then that, theres a whole forum here full of people willing to help, so just post in here

Extracting your bios to back it up

"nvflash.exe -b backup.rom"

Lastly-Extremely Useful Post for anyone looking to mod a 6800 bios, to be a 16p or 6 vs bios, without the need of always using rivatuner.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/35401/

this is some hardcore bios modding, so make sure you actually know what your doing before attempting it.

if you screw up, just make sure you have a PCI videocard around, then use the command...

NVFlash -E to erase the messed up bios, and flash to your backup bios and maybe retry again, and make sure you did it all right.
    it all looks pretty easy, but could be easy to overlook a small step.
    Last edited by Kunaak; 12-26-2004 at 10:02 PM.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    Btw could you link it as : http://www.mvktech.net?
    As it will no longer work the direct link in a week due to changing the site...
    Last edited by Mavke; 01-19-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hi,
    Does this BIOS have the throttling locked??
    http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?opt...&filecatid=156
    ..and if not, could you fix it?? I`m trying to run one sub-zero.
    Thanks.
    The world`s only triple phase-changer PC in one case.

if you wanna remove the throttle of a bios, all you have to do is edit the 2D speed, to be exactly the same as the 3D speed.
    it would also help if you set the 2D voltage to be the same as the 3D voltage.

other then that, only Asus makes a bios with no throttling that I am aware of.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    other then that, only Asus makes a bios with no throttling that I am aware of.
    ..all ASUS cards?
    So if I just buy a high end Asus VC I won`t have to deal with throttling from freezing at all??
    Things might be looking up.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    if you wanna remove the throttle of a bios, all you have to do is edit the 2D speed, to be exactly the same as the 3D speed.
    I tryed this on a e-VGA FX5900XT setting both 2D and 3D speeds to 509 core and 700 memory in windows, but it still performs less then on air...
    ...and I still get the power sentury on start-up saying the extra power cord is not plugged in.

Xtreme Member
    ok 2 questions:
    First I have a 5900u that always comes up with the power indicator pop up and resets the clocks to like 250 or something, it is super annoying is there anyway to get rid of that?
    Also what is the highest speeds stock for the 5900's?

Also I have a 9800xt is there anyway I could flash to the x800 bios? my overclock matches the 475 speeds, any performance increase to that?
    eocf newbs own, as does linx

the build of the 9800XT to X800 is far too different to be compatible. mostly likely, it would flash and turn on and look like some little kid that ate a whole box of fruity pebbles just threw up.

don't try that flash, it's not a good idea.

for your 5900 question-just flash it to a different brands 5900 bios.

Xtreme Member
    Can you help a noob who has searched.
    How about some intstructions? I have 2 cards here that need to be flashed: Nvidia 5900 and a x800 pro to a xt, Can you help me on the steps for both? Windows xp pro if that matters.
    I have nvflash 5.10 and the bios', but can only get that far.
    Thanks so much
    Bryan

Xtreme Member
    Nevermind I figured it out

How can i erase ATI 9600pro BIOS ?

If any1 got the Orginal Club3d radeon 9600pro bios HY5DU283222 AF-28 335A. Please send it to me. kalmacs@mbnet.fi

I have a GF fx 5700 non ultra. Can i flash it to ultra. Is there really any difference in the hardware between the ultra and the non ultra??

ASUS P5N-D, E8400 @ 3.6ghz, 2gb OCZ Gold PC6400, 2x 9600GSO, Sanyo Denki San Ace MC

yes, i want to flash a 5700 LE, where can i get a downlaod

Xtreme Enthusiast
    is mvktech down? I can't get into it..
    Playing station: DFI UT X48 T3R @ EK NB // Q6600 @ 3,2GhZ @ True (soon Dtek V1) // 280gtx (soon EK 280gtx) // 2*2GB Gskill 12800 CL7 // Corsair HX1000 // 250GB ES.2 - 160GB T166 - 2*160WD RE // Lian Li V2000B // Swiftech 240+360 - 2*DDC 1
    Servers: ASUS Crosshair // X2 3800+ // 2*1GB Gskill PC6400 HZ // R3650 // IBM workstation
    Laptop: Znote 4200, running on 5th year now

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teko
    is mvktech down? I can't get into it..
    Down? No way!

any one know where i can get a good 6600gt bios that will allow me to get a higher overclocl
    amd 3200+ @2.6ghz venice core
    512mb kingston ram
    6600gt @ 600/1290 700+gb worths of hd

Talking X300 Se

Hi ! I've just reflashed my x300 se. All i did is that , i made a backup of its original BIOS , then i used RabIT to edit the BIOS. I've increased the default frequences from 325 Mhz Core to 425 Mhz , and the memory from 392(effective)
    to 488. Now i wanna know if there's something else that i could do to increase the performance a little more. I was reading a few days ago , on another forum , about x800 , that can be modded to have from 8 pp to 12. Will my x300 support this? Now , it haves only 4 pp.

Thanks!

P.S When i tryed to flash it , i got an error , but i've solved it later.

Old mem setting :7040
    New mem setting :7040
    Old SSID: 2102
    New SSID :2102
    Flash type: M25PO5/C
    ROM not erased!
    Error 0FL01 : press '1' to continue

To fix this , use the following command : atiflash -p 0 xxx.rom -sst
    IF this doesn't work to, use atiflash -f -p 0 xxx.rom -sst

I have a small issue that I would like some help with... Cant seem to fathom it out myself.

Ok, my test system is an ASUS A8N-SLI, using a pair of Gigabyte 6600GT 128MB PCIE Cards... Both REV 1.0 and both are 100% identical.

Now, I have been completely unable to gt them to SLI except with this one driver that I forget which version of the Detonators, but its the one and only one that allowed it... All others either ignored the fact that I had 2 cards, couldnt see any 6600GT at all, or said that the cards were not SLI compatible or not matching... Only one allowed me to run the cards in SLI.

God know what the version was, it recently did an update and I lost the SLI capability and so, I decided to try to flash the cards to be the same...

Now, I took one out and had a try.

I backed up the BIOS obviously, I did everythign from Floppy, but now the card simply wont display anything other than garbage.

I have tried to re-flash it back to its original BIOS, but no!

Nothing I do will sort it out.... NOTHING?

AS I said, I have a perfect card and this now seemingly dead one...

Can anyone offer me a walk-through on getting the BIOS back on the dead one??? - maybe by using the BIOS from the new one, or even the old one... The cards are both new by the way, or at least they are the same age.

Would it be possible for anyone to link me to a BIOS file that is actually the right one?

The BIOS files I have found are 6600, and 6600GT but also (VP) (D)... I think mine should be a (T)?

I cant find any with a (T) on them.

Anything will do to tryto cure this problem...

At this moment in time, I am using a basic PCI Card to help me boot, and the 6600GT is connected to a second monitor and the best I have had so far is a black screen, but Windows wont start up.... If I remove the PCI card then it will try to boot and display on the PCIE card, but alas, nothing.

Booting from Floppy and with the PCI as first, its letting me see the screen of course, but not the screen from the PCIE card.

Im stuck.

Xtreme Guru
    what other place/s carry the latest 8800ultra bios ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5 View Post
    what other place/s carry the latest 8800ultra bios ?
    Euh, as far as I know http://www.mvktech.net is the only site that has those BIOS's and has a great download section... And if you don't find it there, just request it on their forums.

I can't find the the ATI firestream 9250's BIOS !!!

Wow, old. What happened at XS?

Using Google I could not find a voltage-unlocked BIOS anywhere for a GTX 560 so I edited mine with NiBiTor.

This is a BIOS for "EVGA GeForce GTX 560 2GB Superclocked +55Mhz", 865MHz/2004Mhz (Best Buy exclusive, part 02G-P3-2069-KB):

voltage is unlocked 1.212v

download (?)

Included with the ROM is another identical one saved without checksum in NiBiTor, cause maybe that matters.

1. I only got +50Mhz from this. The card previously maxed at 1.087v 920MHz (100% fan speed), and now is at 1.120v 970Mhz (Auto fan). More voltage doesn't seem to do anything, or maybe it actually increases the rate of artifacts from my testing, not sure. Whatever, 970Mhz is the wall on this card.

2. There is no change to the limit on memory voltage and didn't know where to look for that value. If your memory clock is limited to ~2405MHz then use NVInspector to set up to 3000Mhz. My card can reach 2480 before obvious artifacting, or 2288 stable.

3. If you use more than 1.087v and don't have a custom fan profile then you should set a manual fan speed beyond 75%, because the automatic speed on this card doesn't go beyond that until ~85C.

4. I don't know if anyone here does their video card shopping at Best Buy. Mine was NIB from Craigslist.
    i5-2500K @ 4800MHz 1.33v
    ASUS P8Z68-V LE yahhh
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 2GB @ 920/2280MHz 1.087v
    2x2.0GB Kingston HyperX BLU 1333MHz
    OCZ GameXStream 850W