View Poll Results: Do you want it???

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I want it......Give it to me......NOW.....

94 93.07%
  • No......I like the way I have it now....

7 6.93%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHO would like for a "starter" cirquit for Prometeia Mach1???

Xtreme Addict
    I'm obtuse, can you explain a few areas to me please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hipro prommy circuit2.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	19462  
    it's never fast enough!

Xtreme Mentor
    K1 and 2 are relays
    For those of you about to post:

c'mon hipro make some and sell them ,i need one for a second hand mach1 i have here
    you can do it am sure
    dfi rdx 200 -- 4000+ -- x1900xt -- 2gb g-skill pc4000

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by blowsion
    c'mon hipro make some and sell them ,i need one for a second hand mach1 i have here
    you can do it am sure
    Sorry M8.........No extra time to do so......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Addict
    Could anyone make me one of these ? What will the parts cost ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sai
    Could anyone make me one of these ? What will the parts cost ?
    I might end up with a free couple of weekends. I'd be willing to slap a few together.
    Gamer: Opty 165, 2GB OCZ EB, 2x 7900 GT, Watercooled (CPU/GPU's)
    Backup/Fileserverr: 3700 sandy, 1gb Mushkin UTT, 9800Pro

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by black rose
    I might end up with a free couple of weekends. I'd be willing to slap a few together.
    I'd be interested in one as well!!

Let me know

Xtreme Member
    I'd need an idea of how they are encased and dimensions, since I don't have access to one of my own
    Gamer: Opty 165, 2GB OCZ EB, 2x 7900 GT, Watercooled (CPU/GPU's)
    Backup/Fileserverr: 3700 sandy, 1gb Mushkin UTT, 9800Pro

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Because I don't have much time here , IF someone who's capable of geting a film of the circuit , make it PCB and solder the parts on it , whould surelly help others who can't do that........IF someone wants to send him a film of the PCB so as to help the others out there , please PM me so as to help him out......Thanks.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    another nice advance in technology hipro. i wonder why they made the mach one with such a problem circuit anyways.

Xtreme Member
    Hey Pretty Good Hipro!!

Got some questions/Comments though. So this circuit basicly pulses the reset of the motherboard constantly until the Mach I microcontroller reaches the set temp which stops the reset pulses and resumes normal operation? So basicly instead of the constant reset short the Mach I microcontroller gives, this circuit makes the reset short pulse every 1.5 seconds.

It think this is a very good solution if you dont want to use an outboard 12 volt supply. I'm happy there's someone else here that knows engineering!! Good work!!!

The way I did it though (Which is MUCH more complicated than your solution) was to use a 75 Watt single output 12 volt switching power supply and use it to power the mach I Microcontroller, fans, waterpump, lights, 12 volt accesories and standby circuit. I use the reset output from the Mach I pretty much the same way you use it.

Basicly What my design does different is that it keeps the computer totally off until the temperature is reached, which lets the unit cool down much much faster. When temperature is reached, I use a one shot pulse (500mS)to fire a relay that shorts out the power button on the case which turns everything on. Also, Since I use 120 VAC fans, I use the Mach I hysteresis settings to control when my computer shuts off since they are not used by the fans and heater anymore. I basicly shut off or turn on my mach unit and the computer portion turns on and off automatically. I use the fan speed setting to determine at what temp my computer shuts off. I use the hysteresis signal to fire another one shot pulse to a relay which shorts out the power button on my case. I have windows set up to shut down when the power button is pressed so When the temp rises to -5 Celsius, my computer shuts down automatically from the Mach microcontroller's hystersis fan speed setting.

I think for most people though, your design is much much better because it is much less complicated to build and implement and you dont have to drastically modify wiring in the mach unit like you do with my design. Again great work!
    3.75 Ghz E6600 SL958 @1.4volts WC by Apogee
    Intel D975XBX2 Rev 503 BIOS 2431 1066 Strap (This Mobo SUCKS!)
    4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR1000 @ DDR834 5,5,5,15
    EVGA 8800GTX WC MCW60 (685GPU/1050Mem)
    4X74 10,000RPM WD Raptor RAID-0 (260MB/S)
    PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad
    SILVERSTONE GD01S-MXR HTPC Case
    Intel HD Audio... Saving up for i-Meridian
    Custom Designed/Built 6x500Watt + 1x1500 Watt Amplifier .005% THD+N @ 20Khz not 1Khz
    Custom Designed/Built D'Appolito Reference Speakers w/ Custom -24dB crossovers
    Custom Designed/Built 15" Digital Designs Audio 9515f tuned to 22Hz.
    52" LG DLP 52SX4D HDTV

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Thanks SPL15 ......

Yes I had mine with the circuit described in these pages and after that I used an external PSU also for the Prommie too.......BUT most pll with the Mach1s whould like something to be a bit "easier"........and fast enough to be build......They don't want to involve many things together.......That's why I've posted that.......

P.S. I have tottaly forgoten of this thread........Shi(f)t I've promised someone a piece of this thing and I forgot it.......I'm sorry......I'll build it as soon as posible......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    Ya I agree 100%. I'm glad there is someone lookin out for the normal people who don't have the knowledge to design and build a complex circuit to do something that should have been done by the manufacturer. Your circuit definitely accomplishes this goal with little work involved.

I know exactly what you mean about forgetting to build someone something!!! I'm guessing your as busy as I am with your real job. Glad you take the time to help out people though, I know I should more than I do, but just dont have the time/motivation. People like you help the industry more than you'll ever know.

I'm planning on doing a tutorial on making PCB's from UV light sensitive boards. I think it's the easiest/cheapest way for hobbiests to build a PCB. It'll definitely help people make this project even easier for people.
    Last edited by SPL15; 02-21-2005 at 06:28 AM.
    Custom Designed/Built 6x500Watt + 1x1500 Watt Amplifier .005% THD+N @ 20Khz not 1Khz
    52" LG DLP 52SX4D HDTV

lol what funny about this is my friend knows well more about computers than i do but i can read this scamatic and know what it means and if my friend looks at this he has know clue what it means

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSTech
    lol what funny about this is my friend knows well more about computers than i do but i can read this scamatic and know what it means and if my friend looks at this he has know clue what it means
    You are definitely the smarter of the two!!

Computers and electronics are totally seperate identities, just like electricity and electronics. It's insulting when I say I'm an electronics engineer and people reply with "Oh you fix computers?" or "Oh my dad does that, he is an electrician". Most people dont realize people design electronics, they are not magically made by Computers.

Learning computers is easy, learning electronics and understanding it is much harder. It's really funny when I'm explaining the reasons why something wont work in a computer to someone who has a masters in computer science at my main job. If you can understand electronics, computers are a joke to understand.
    52" LG DLP 52SX4D HDTV

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPL15
    You are definitely the smarter of the two!!

Computers and electronics are totally seperate identities, just like electricity and electronics. It's insulting when I say I'm an electronics engineer and people reply with "Oh you fix computers?" or "Oh my dad does that, he is an electrician". Most people dont realize people design electronics, they are not magically made by Computers.

Learning computers is easy, learning electronics and understanding it is much harder. It's really funny when I'm explaining the reasons why something wont work in a computer to someone who has a masters in computer science at my main job. If you can understand electronics, computers are a joke to understand.
    Full ACK!

It's insulting when I say I'm an electronics engineer and people reply with "Oh you fix computers?" or "Oh my dad does that, he is an electrician".
    Damn, I hate this sentence. I don't know how often I had to hear that! Well I earn some money by administrating some computer networks to live while studying and every time I talk to a customer and tell them what I'm studying I get that answer. Ok, it's obvious but I hate it. Everytime I fix damn windows problems I know why I went to university: I don't want to do that for life-time! I wanna do something interesting and for me it's elecrical engineering.

hipro5: Fine that you've made a prommy control unit. I wanted to do that when I started studying but due to the lack of time I dropped that project. And short time after that I sold my prommy. Your solution is as simple as good . I thought about a completely new controller with LCD.
    Last edited by phobos; 03-23-2005 at 08:07 AM.

Support Metal!

Xtreme Member
    Nice job hipro

Even tho that 'pulsing reset' system does work on a lot of motherboards - it certainly doesnt work on all of them....i created a similar function a year or so ago to try and get round the boot issue with Abit IC7 mobo's.......

Even though the pulsing reset does stop the board from booting fully - with the IC7 motherboard it doesnt stop the cpu from getting power during the initial startup stage of the prommy as it gets down to temperature....with a heavily overclocked/volted chip and a cold boot i found the temperature would rise faster than the unit could pull down and i'd have to shut it off.

Some other mobo's also go mental with the pulsing reset - i cant remember for sure but i think my abit nf7-s would starting beeping like crazy and refuse to boot if i pulsed the reset....although it may have been a different mobo but i know at least 2 mobo's i had here did it.

The only sure way to have a phase change unit to start a pc, without boot issues or running the risk of the cpu burning out during the startup phase, without the use of an external psu....is to do it like asetek have and have the 12v and 5v lines from the ATX power connectors, intercepted and cut off by relays, along with the PS_ON wire to the mobo.

Note: Just a word of warning - P4 internal thermal shutdown circuitry does not function when the chip is in reset, i had a m8 burn out 2 p4's during boot up with a vapo setup that didnt cut the extra 12v atx header during the startup stage :/
    Last edited by froudeg; 05-28-2005 at 06:08 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hey guys.. first post and new to vapo..

Has anyone made one of these? I am getting a mach 1 (today!! ) and want to make one, but I am some what lost on reading the circuit design. I don't understand what some of the symbols represent. I'll have no problem building one, I just need a kick in the right direction. A few questions..

1. Can I just get the parts and and solder them on to something like perf board? Is this how its done?

2. Where can I find the parts to do it?

3. I've searched for guides about circuit design but haven't found anything that explains what the symbols mean or that are useful.. anyone have any good links?

thanks

Xtreme Member
    ttt

Dothan FTW!
    hey black rose if your still making these i might want one 'coz i get my mach 1 next week.....
    .:MeltedDuron:.
    Aurora - i5 7600K@4.2GHz- Zotac GTX1070 Mini - 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-3000 - Asus Prime Z270M - Fusion ioDrive Duo 1.2TB - 2x512GB Samsung Evo 970 Plus - Seagate FireCuda 2TB - HGST 4TB - Fractal Design Define Mini - Win7 and OSX 10.12
    Lenore - Xeon L5430 - Gigabyte G33M-DS2R - 2x2GB HyperX 6400 - Sapphire Radeon HD5450 - M-Audio Delta 1010 - Adaptec SCSI - 256GB Firestorm SSD - 1TB Samsung F1 - 2U rack mounted - WinXP and OSX 10.6
    Delilah - Pentium E5800 @ 4.2GHZ (VID mod) - Asrock Conroe865PE - Radeon 9800 Pro - 2x512MB GeiL Blue PC3200 - 30GB OCZ Vertex - 160GB Seagate - 2U rack mounted - Win98SE and Win2k
    Jezabel - Athlon XP 2800+ Barton @ 2100 (200*10.5) - ATi FireGL X1 256MB - Asus A7N8X-E Dlx - 2x512MB OCZ EL PC3200 - OG Antec Case - Win98SE and Win2k
    Mysti (WIP) - Pentium II 350MHz - Abit BX6 Rev2 - 4x256MB PC100 SDRAM - ATi Rage Fury Maxx - Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo2 8MB - 20GB IBM DeathStar - Still looking for the right case...

Xtreme Member
    find me some help on how to read that diagram and I'll consider making a few of them

Xtreme Vmod mod
    If anyone wants me to put one of these together for them, I should have some time when I finish college in the next 2-3 weeks. I can't put anything together on a PCB because I don't have the equipment to make them, but I can build it on stripboard/veroboard.
    If you want one, just drop me a PM, and I'll work out a price. I'm in the UK tho, so postage might cost quite a lot if you want me to post internationally.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I was just wondering how to build something familiar to that.
    Going to watch u'r design tomorrow, must get some sleep now.

Xtreme Member
    Will I need that psu to psu cable when I have one of these?

Xtreme Member
    ill slap a few of these together for people in the US if there is still a demand. Shoot me a PM for pricing etc.

-CaT
    Send Me Your Broken Hardware! - Repair Parts and vMod Research!
    Need vMods? PM Me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast