Thread: ASUS A8V Deluxe Vmods

Threaded View

Xtreme Mentor

I am aware there are several threads about this board and its mods, but I am in the process of consolidating the many threads into a single point of information.

I will be this to many threads it appears, as I continue to see the same questions asked over and over again on the same components. I aim to post as many threads about mods I work on, and consolidate the many other threads and basically condense them into the actual important information versus making members read thru vast numbers of pages looking for the answers they seek.

This is the mods I performed for pkrew on his A8V board. I did them a little different from the other mods I perform as he has graciously decided to send me some items that are going to be very useful to me. I have done the mods so that he has the option to go back to straight stock if he decides to do so versus only having the option of using the installed VRs.

Onto the mods.

A8V Vdimm Mod:

There are several different posted methods for this mod, and I have choosen the method that I would have done if this were my board. You remove R422 and replace it with either a 5k or 10k VR set to 2.135K-ohms (gets to stock voltages).

Note that you do not have to remove R422 to do this mod. I had previously removed it working a one of the other methods for this mod and decided to leave it off. All you need to do is solder a 50K VR to pin #6 of the Vreg chip and GND.

You can see that I set the mod up so that he can use a jumper to go to stock or run modded.

A8V Vcore Mod:

For this mod you remove R167 (near the Vreg), and replace it with a 100-200ohm VR set to 20 ohms.

You can see that I also included a method for him to go to stock using the jumper.

Before anyone asks the question about why bother adding the jumper to get back to stock when adjusting the VR will allow the same result....the reason is simple, it keeps the user from having to constantly adjust the VRs. Lets say that you get to a voltage that you like to play with, but from time to time you want to run stock plain and simple...then a simple jumper change and all is good.

Now, if anyone can check these FETs and point me to the one reading Vdd we can work on that. If I dont get a response by tomorrow, I will have to go ahead and ship this out to pkrew so he can get his toy back.

Last edited by persivore; 08-17-2005 at 08:22 AM.