Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presenting "The Beast II"

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Originally posted by Master_G
    A 120.3 rad seems a touch like overkill for with just a CPU on it, you've only got to dissipate 150W max, add a graphics card block would justify the 120.3 a lot more in my eyes, especially with 6fans on it. Plumbing it in might be a bit tight but i think that 2 pumps and a 120.3 screams out for more than just a CPU block, after that stick a passive heatsink on the northbridge and you can cut 2 fans from your setup and make more use of your seriously nice watercooling.
    Great setup though, it looks seriously cool.

G
    Yes it is overkill! That is the whole point.... 2 pumps? I guess you missed the fact that there are 3 pumps.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Originally posted by chunkylover77
    Nikhsub if I were cooling the cpu and gpu what would be better. The 120.3 or dual heatercores?
    I guess it would depend on the cores... the 120.3 is thinner (this is a good thing) than most 2" thick heater cores. This definately helps with the airflow. I get better temps now, but that could be due to the pumps as well.

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by nikhsub1
    .... 2 pumps? I guess you missed the fact that there are 3 pumps.
    LMAO what a tard! I must actually read and look carefully rather than just skimming through everything!
    It does make my point more applicable though so at least i got something out of it.

G

XS News
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Xtreme Addict
    This is the XTREME Systems website peeps...

Ripping it up on old technology
    i4memory.com

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You do make a very good point.
    Overkill rocks, its why i come here.

G

Xtreme Member
    I was just going to say dude, totally uncalled for...

Nikhsub, that is one of thee most impressive systems I have ever seen bro. Very sleek and color cordinated. It can't just be all show no go though right? What are your overclock and temps on this killer rig?
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

-Impossible is not a word

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The only overkill i see is waaay to much airflow IMHO. I mess with big rad's here at my place and ive found that to much fannage gets u diminishing returns quickly and nothing more than a bunch of noise. A few lower rpm 120 panaflos with shroud on a rad that size would be almost just as effective relative to ambient for clocking and be significantly quieter.

Ive tested some very highspeed fans out on big rads and unless your rad really sucks azz more/faster fans are quite pointless and fruitless. You would have to add some serious heat say maybe a peltier to justify such a fan arrangement. In the case of big rads dropping the Ambient temp of the room increases performance 10x more than any amount of airflow.

Even adding my fx5900 to the loop as hot as they get still doesnt even work my 10x6x1.75 5/8's nip rad i currently use. It has just one quiet but decent cfm AC fan and shroud on it and barely gets warm while my temps are fantastic.

Sorry if im being critical just that i feel for your ears and you have everything right there to enjoy super performance while still having a quiet badazz looking pc. Just my 2c!

Very good looking spaceheater er i mean rig indeed man! get some more blocks and work that thing!
    Last edited by Jethro; 08-11-2004 at 02:01 PM.
    ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 // FX-6200 @ 4.65 (245x? 64bit os) 1.45v,2200 nb/HT //8GB Mushkin DDR3 @833 8-8-8-24 cmd1 1.55v // HD7850// Silverstone 650w // ~32inch portal // WDgreen and blue // Kingston v300 120GB SSD // watercooled with Swiftech storm rev2, Fez 240 , 655 pump not packed into a Corsair Obsidian 650D ///

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Jethro, I hear you, that is why I have 2 fan controllers I have all 6 rad fans, and the fan in front of the pumps (Panaflo M1A) each on their own channel. The 8th channel is for the cold cathodes. These Sanyo Denki's on the rad are suprisingly quiet, and, I don't run them at full speed.

Xtreme Addict
    nikhsub, I KNOW you can jam more rads in there, what about Micro's on the exaust (or are the 120mm = Xtreme's) mount the rad xternally and I'd think you could get a Black Ice Xtreme on the main exaust and a Micro II on the HD area exaust.

and where you're at throwing in a NB block might help the OC more than super CPU-age...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12