Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presenting "The Beast II"

Unoriginal Macho Energy

Presenting "The Beast II"

Thought I would post here too, making the rounds This is the king of overkill.

Well, I have been very busy the last week or so. I decided to build another system, based on the old system, those not familiar with the old, see HERE. Anyway, I don't have much commentary yet... you can see a build log HERE.
    Parts:
    Thermochill 120.3
    Various fans - 6 Sanyo Denki 120mm's on the rad - Panaflo and Mechatronics round out the fannage.
    Cascade SS
    3 Laing D4's/Swiftech MCP650 in series
    Tygon R-1000 Tubing, the softest, stickiest most bendable tubing I have ever used, blows R-3603 away IMO, but more $$$$
    Mountain Mods U2 UFO Powdercoated Black
    Various other stuff I can't even remember, lol.

Now for some pics:

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Mentor
    Very nice! I've wanted one of those MountainMod Cubes since they first went for sale.. Just, always seems a piece of the system needs upgrade more then a new case...

Really nice setup, one of these days......

hey nikhsub1, probably a silly question, but are you australian. where did you get your Thermochill radiator from? I've been trying to find one in australia with no luck

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Originally posted by billyboy
    hey nikhsub1, probably a silly question, but are you australian. where did you get your Thermochill radiator from? I've been trying to find one in australia with no luck
    Nope, not from Oz... I would imaging someone over at OCAU forums may know where to get one.

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Member
    talk about overkill. thermochill 120.3 rad, 3 laing d4 for a cpu block.

http://antig4ttv.bcs10.com/

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Originally posted by The_Dark_Hacker
    talk about overkill.
    Yes, discuss.

XS News
    Whats the matter with overkill? Looks sweet to me.
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Banned
    Very nice setup. I would like the see the pumps displayed better and also a more professional method for sealing the fans to the HE120.3.

Xtreme Member
    same here. too messy for my taste

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Originally posted by freecableguy
    Very nice setup. I would like the see the pumps displayed better and also a more professional method for sealing the fans to the HE120.3.
    I tried various config's with the pumps, I concluded this was the best way in terms of hose routing. I would have loved to have the lined up in a row, but not enough room... the fans on the 120.3 are on their shrouds, bolted to the rad. I just put that strip of aluminum tape down the side, thought it looked OK, that tape is just there for looks, nothing else. Here is a pic with no tape, you like it better?

Tyler Durden
    Wayyy too many pumps. For half the cash you spent on them you could have got a Blueline HD20 and had the same performance...with less noise and heat no less! Nice cpu block and rad though, truly an exotic setup you've got there. Looks great!
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Originally posted by EnJoY
    Wayyy too many pumps. For half the cash you spent on them you could have got a Blueline HD20 and had the same performance...with less noise and heat no less!
    Hmm, these statements perplex me. HD20 has max head of 13 feet, consumes 45W. Same performance as 3 D4's eh? Well we can do the math OK? Each D4 has a max head of 10 feet at 12v. 3 x 10 = 30 foot max head. Power consumption is about 18W per pump at 12v so that is 54W of consumption for the 3 pumps. Noise? I can't hear these pumps at all, even with no fans running. I have had many Iwakis and the D4's I have are all quieter than the Iwakis I've owned.

HD20 - 13 foot max head - 45W
    3 D4's - 30 foot max head - 54W

Hey if the HD20 looks better to ya, go for it.

Tyler Durden
    I recind my previous comment...

What kind of idle/load temps are you getting with that Cascade SS? What's the cpu and what's your oc?
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Ker-Pow !
    Nice setup.

Banned
    Yes, I like it better without the aluminum down the side of the rad. Why did you add it? Black is much more elegant.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Yes, I like it better without the aluminum down the side of the rad. Why did you add it? Black is much more elegant.
    Just an afterthought... I may just remove it altogether.

Banned
    Please share your source on the Tygon-1000. Outer wall thickness? 3/4" like the 3603?

BTW, I will post some pictures of my system soon as well. My case isn't quite as big but it packs a punch.

Xtreme Infrastructure Eng
    Originally posted by nikhsub1
    Hmm, these statements perplex me. HD20 has max head of 13 feet, consumes 45W. Same performance as 3 D4's eh? Well we can do the math OK? Each D4 has a max head of 10 feet at 12v. 3 x 10 = 30 foot max head. Power consumption is about 18W per pump at 12v so that is 54W of consumption for the 3 pumps. Noise? I can't hear these pumps at all, even with no fans running. I have had many Iwakis and the D4's I have are all quieter than the Iwakis I've owned.

HD20 - 13 foot max head - 45W
    3 D4's - 30 foot max head - 54W

Hey if the HD20 looks better to ya, go for it.
    I applaud you for not flying off the handle and actually taking the time to explain why the 3 D4's are better...note the lack of tension/hard feelings. Everyone makes mistakes.

Anyways...killer case nikhsub1. Are those fan controllers DIY, or modded Vantecs? You did a really nice job getting the front panel components to blend in together.
    Less is more.

Xtreme Addict
    why only one radiator???

Xtreme Member
    Please share your source on the Tygon-1000. Outer wall thickness? 3/4" like the 3603?

BTW, I will post some pictures of my system soon as well. My case isn't quite as big but it packs a punch.
    try mcmaster.com

many varieties of tygon/PVC tubing there

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Originally posted by Arkangyl
    why only one radiator???
    No space for a second... my previous cube had 2 dtek cores... The girth of the 120.3 is amazing and for what I'm doing is way more than enough.

XS News
    Nikhsub if I were cooling the cpu and gpu what would be better. The 120.3 or dual heatercores?

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Xtreme Member
    if i were you i would replace all the 120mm fans with the delta screamers that are 59 DB and 190 CFM!! be sure to buy some earplugs if you do that though

Xtreme Enthusiast
    A 120.3 rad seems a touch like overkill for with just a CPU on it, you've only got to dissipate 150W max, add a graphics card block would justify the 120.3 a lot more in my eyes, especially with 6fans on it. Plumbing it in might be a bit tight but i think that 2 pumps and a 120.3 screams out for more than just a CPU block, after that stick a passive heatsink on the northbridge and you can cut 2 fans from your setup and make more use of your seriously nice watercooling.
    Great setup though, it looks seriously cool.

G

XS News
    He plans on adding a vid card later. I think I read that he doesn't have a good vid card at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast