Thread: Prometeia review is up

Prometeia review is up

Full Prometeia review is here. Enjoy my friends

Randi

Xtreme Member
    Best review I have seen so far.

Still hate the r134a, but hell, the prometeia still is an excellent performer.

Nice cycle diagram, whether that is yours or not. it will help less experienced users see how the drect evaporator works.

Good job.

What proggie did you use to get full load temps?
    Last edited by will_perdikakis; 10-19-2002 at 12:48 PM.

Thank you very much Will

I made determinations of load temps in 3DMark from MBM5....and long term load temps in extended running of Prime95's torture test.

Randi

Xtreme Member
    MrIcee, my friend.

Prime95 does not get the highest temps, ever use a program called CPU burn?

Get it here.

In my experience, this has given the highest full load temps time and time again.

Run K7Burn for AMD, P6 for p4.

Take it easy.

Hardass
    As always the case when MrIcee does a review, it is complete and easy to understand for even the novice. Outstanding review m8. Well worth the wait!

Xtreme Member
    Very well done MrIcee, as usual. Clearly the best review of the Prometia to date. I also learned about PiFast benching which I'd never heard of before. And, as usual, I'm still below you LOL. Now that I've put my KD7-R on the shelf for a week or two I really need to get the guts to try and unlock this chip. It may be one of the best O/Cing 2400+ around. I ran PiFast @ 162*15!

P.S. It was neat seeing my score up there with the other AMD scores in the ORB pic LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeffph1.v2..jpg 
Views:	65409 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	1975  
    Last edited by bigdawginva; 10-19-2002 at 09:37 PM.

Banned
    You all know my thoughts on prometeia and vapochill units.. but I will give you props for this review.. nice job

Nice Review

(put a link to it on my site )
    AMD XP1600+ @ 1894MHz (10.5x180) (Vcore: 1.85v (need Vmod)) | ABIT KX7 | samsung PC2700 | Cooled by MachI
    AMD64 3200+ (stock cooled) | 512mb Kingston HyperX | R9800Pro

phase-change.com

Thank you very much guys

Randi

Xtreme Relic
    I posted to a duplicate thread which seems to be gone now? Anyway, very well done! Your review answered all of the questions that I had and I had quite a few. I hope mine gets here soon, can't wait to see what my 2400 and KD7R will really do with that kind of cooling. The fact that it surpassed your chiller is very impressive as I was thinking of trying build one similar to yours and OPPs, but was not sure if I could pull it off. Plus the Prom can run 24/7 and fit where my current rig now resides. Thanks for all the great info!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

I was thinking of picking up a prometiea but I do have one rather important question about the cpu enclosure. My current MB doesn't quite fit the allowable tolerances/template that are shown on the prometiea web site. Basically it will fit except for one small capacitor that falls within the template from one of the 'corners' by about a milimeter or two. Is the enclosure hard plastic? Can I shave off a small bit of plastic to make it fit?

and yes, it would probably be better to just buy a new MB, but I would rather not do so until the next major upgrade.

thanks,

RX

Originally posted by ringxero
    My current MB doesn't quite fit the allowable tolerances/template that are shown on the prometiea web site. Basically it will fit except for one small capacitor that falls within the template from one of the 'corners' by about a milimeter or two. Is the enclosure hard plastic? Can I shave off a small bit of plastic to make it fit?

thanks, RX

Sorry for not seing this post earlier.

a couple of the corners of the mounting bracket between the MB and the Coolinghead is in fact having the corners cut in an angle, to allow for closely placed Capasitors residing just at the corners, and yes the coolinghead is made of a particular plastic mold that enables you to grind off a bit of material too .

You could also choose, as I have done in some cases, to use a solder iron, and by warming on the legs of the Capasitor gently push it a bit aside, so it is no longer 100% upright, but standing in a slight angle (This of course would void the warrenty of the MB, but then again, you can't win 'em all )

Kind regards
    Steen

Xtreme Member
    MrIcee, once again great indepth review!!! I looked at it before I installed my Prometeia and it gives some nice pointers.
    NEW: ASUS GTX670 and extra 6GB Mushkin 998805

i7-930 @ 4.2 | ASUS Rampage III Extreme 1005BIOS | Noctua NH-D14 | 12GB Mushkin 998805 6-8-6-24 | ASUS GTX670 | Dell 2407WFP | SB X-Fi Fatality | Corsair SP2500's | Samsung SH-S183L | Silverstone OP1000 | Coolermaster HAF-X | Rock Solid 2+ Years!

Xtreme Member
    Awesome review .. after reading it .. i decided and bought one

Xtreme Member
    These pics (as well as the beige pics in Randi's review) indicate both units are not the same black color. In fact, the case doesn't even look close to the same color as the unit Pics

Are the two units the same color or are they off like the pics?

Hardass
    Originally posted by bigdawginva
    These pics (as well as the beige pics in Randi's review) indicate both units are not the same black color. In fact, the case doesn't even look close to the same color as the unit Pics

Are the two units the same color or are they off like the pics?
    I have the Black unit and the color is the same on both bottom and top.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the quick reply. Good news.

Xtreme Addict
    Just checked out this review...nice

just in general words how much better is the mach2 system from the one before it,thanks guys
    Thanks Eagle101
    -------------------------
    CrossHairV-Z 9590 cpu-OC
    SSD Ocz RevoDrive3 X2 Raid0 PciE
    -51c Cpu SS Phase.Change Cooling
    Msi 290X Lightning oc
    1600 Watts P2 Evga Platinum
    G.SKILL Trident X Cas7 1600Mhz
    Dell U2410 24" IPS

5.1 Sound Pro-Klipsch