Thread: _Why_ did nVentiv go bankrupt?

Xtreme Member

Post _Why_ did nVentiv go bankrupt?

I have information about when they filed for bankruptcy, but why?
    Not selling enough units?
    Resellers not paying them enough?

"Friday 4 June 2004
    We have been informed officially that nVentiv A/S today filed for protection against its creditors in terms of Danish bankruptcy laws. The company has ceased commercial operations until a later date"

This seems an interesting issue to bring up, as nobody I have spoken to can actually definitely see how nVentiv went wrong. Which corner did they mistake? Which edge did they cut themselves on?

I cannot read Danish, so I cannot access the national company house for Denmark

Is JCViggen still around on these forums?

Banned
    Do a search here on nventiv. There's a few threads about it.

Xtreme Addict
    I think its b/c they were overpriced. The mach2 was like $800+ and when the lightspeed cmae out with around the same price + better cooling and came with the nice looking case that was it. Just my opinion

Banned
    I believe it's because PC is not a viable 24/7 cooling method for most people, and the ones who really want good PC cooling can go to Chilly1 or pc ice and get something way better for less money.

Xtreme Addict
    so why is vapochill still around?

Xtreme Addict
    lmao...all ur fault!

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by JSU
    so why is vapochill still around?
    Because Asetek sells much more than phase-change systems.. They sell watercooling etc too.

Xtreme Addict
    Pandrone.. You´re wrong their buddy..
    The main reason for asetek´s still in the business is that they have some very good investors and a large company to back them up.
    "M-I-A"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And that's good.... cuz I liked Asetek Vapor products before and I still like them better now.... eventhough The SE and PE were worse (in cooling) than the Mach I and the XE worse than the Mach II... they were a better build up for me....

If I now compare the LS with the Mach II the later looks really amateur build up to me... the LS is quite a machine...

But I can't agree more, that those water products are makeing at least 50% of the income for Asetek...
    Mollov,
    Runnin' a 700MHz SlotA Thunderbird...

HardwareSight.com Owner

Xtreme Member
    WaterChill goes like "hot bread" here in Denmark..

Everybody is buying it..

Xtreme Gentoo User
    I have always found the Mach II's easier to mod. They have better cooling than most VapoChill systems too. And unlike the VapoChill's, they are really easy to regas. I'm happy with mine.
    Last edited by masterofpuppets; 08-05-2004 at 01:37 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I had a Kryotech Renegade about 3 years ago ^^. Kryotech made phasechange units first, but there was hardly a market for extreme-overclocking back then because the multipliers+bus speeds were so shockingly slow. (pff imagine 33mhz fsb), so it didn't really catch on.
    Xtreme!

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Because the monthly sales figures weren't high enough to meet the minimum manufacturing quantities to stay within costs. It would either be put prices up or close up... as the Prommi was already overpriced alongside the competition, putting prices up would've been suicide anyway...

If you only sell 100 per month, but need to sell 200 per month to be able to get the quantity discount on components such as compressors and condensers, then factor in shuffling labour around at Elcold off standard fridges etc onto prommis and once the sales drop below a certain level it becomes uneconomical for elcold to manufacture them. Basically, from what I can work out!