Thread: Pelt Chilled water!

Pelt Chilled water!

Hey guys,

Im starting to think that its time i shoudl chuck a pelt into my Asetek waterchill, i want to play it safe and not place the pelt directly ontop the CPU =\ Rather so i would like to chill the water instead.

I thought i would use my old SP94 to cool the Hotside of the pelt and a Old northwood heatsink incased by a nice copper casing thingo :P

I have two designs for it, They can be seen below.

Also, What wattage pelt do you reckon i should use? Im thinking 80w because i dont want really low temps, just low enough to get near ambient temp underload.

Excuse my crappie MS Paint Skillz

What would be better out of these two designs...

or

Im guessing neither one of them make no sense to you guys

Well i tried :smileysex

Xtreme X.I.P.
    nice drawings

...but i dont understand them

what is it supposed to be? a...waterblock for the tec?

Xtreme Addict
    It won't make a difference, many people have tried this in the past. In order to chill the water with a heatload, you must use a very very large tec, or a series of 80w tec's (maybe 10 or so). The only reason aquarium tec chillers work is because theres no heat being produced in the aquarium (eg no 130W cpu).

Xtreme X.I.P.
    if you use the chiller AFTER the water has already passed through the radiator even a single 80W tec will make a difference, not that much, but it will make a difference

KK thanks..

So basically its useless unless i stick a pelt right ontop of the CPU?

Do you think my water cooling kit could cool a 172w pelt on a Prescott and northbridge and Gpu??

Cuz it is a kit =\

Xtreme X.I.P.
    you NEED at least a 227W tec for a prescott! a 360W tec would be better even.

if you put a single tec in your waterloop the water temps will be really high , so you would get the same or even worse temps on nb and gpu than withair cooling...

if you want a few degrees lower water temps just mount a waterblock to the cold side of the tec you have, and position it AFTER the radiator and before the cpu/gpu/nb. then just put a cpu heatsink on the hot side of the tec, ready.

this will lower your temps by a few degrees, how much depends on what tec you use.

you shouldnt use a tec higher than 80W, those are not really aircoolable unless you have a huge heatpipe heatsink and a 120mm fan on it.

Xtreme Member
    only looked at the pics and i know the idea since i allso thought about using it in phasechange instade 2 comppresors cascade so i might talk alot of bs u mentioned in ur msg :P

it will work yes, work well ? depends..

on the same amount of money/powerbills/time/whatever u can have better options like a tec straight on the cpu , even a nice lil chiller .. and thouse will work better tempwise.

but again ... it will cool