Thread: X800 cooling fan wires?

Xtreme Enthusiast

X800 cooling fan wires?

I've modded my Powercolor X800pro Vivo to XT and have noticed that the fan does not spin up at all when doing 3Dwork (only speed change I notice is at switch on). I was considering connecting the fan to an external fan controller but I am unsure of the wire configuration.

If you are reading this and have connected the fan successfully to an external 12volt source, could you tell me which wires you used for what?

I had hoped that the red would be 12V in, the black would be ground and the speed sensor would be white. But what nags me is that the black and the red seem the wrong way around for a conventional fan riser. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

You could just hook it up to a mobo header and control rpms with speedfan or mbm, right?
    2.6C@3.25 | P4P800-D
    X800 PRO 525/560
    2x256 Kingston Value CL3
    11,360 03Marks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's not that straight forward, the X800 coolers wires are in a different order to a conventional mobo headers, but it is irrelevant for me now anyway as I'm using a Zalman cooler and fan connected direct to my fan controller.
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits