Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New DICE weapon, LN2 too.....

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    non toxic/biodegradable, made from 100% hydrocarbon oils with special additives.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilstuff.gif 
Views:	405 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	14338  

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    You only need a cm to submerse mobo and agp slot, and agp slot is the most common trouble point for condensation when supercooling GPU. And for clean-up it's quite easy. I doused an old VC in this stuff and then used an electrical degreaser spray to clean it and when it dried, it was super clean.
    And if I was still benching, here's what I'd DO! take plastic tray fill with 2-3 gal of oil, insert mobo, and install CPU DI pipe with no insulation, just not necessary. In fact, this would allow you to use BIG DI rigs, like 3.5" x 3.0" x .75" baseplate for A64 with 3" Pipe. Put simple square GPU rig on GPU, again, no insulation...who cares? Might as well go with LN2, but buy DI too. Stoke up the 2 pipes with LN2 or DI, and throw some DI directly into the oil... maintain a chilly 10C oil temp for the mosfets/caps/NB and bench away!

C
    Last edited by charlie; 07-16-2004 at 11:51 AM.

X.I.P.
    Originally posted by charlie
    non toxic/biodegradable, made from 100% hydrocarbon oils with special additives.
    Thanks for that.

Really need the electrical conductivity properties. Fluroinert is around 10^12 ohm/m (IIRC) and most transformer oils are 10^9 ohms/m, I guess they dont need to worry as much about it and dielectric breakdown is more important in a transformer.

At 10^9 ohms/m it might be a bit too low considering the dimensions on a mobo (0.5 mm)

Whos game to try it?

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Maybe I'll put together a LN2/OIL/2.8A experiment.... on an IC7-G, or a P4C800 (although they don't seem to like Pressies out of the box) LN2 is $4 per liter though,

C

Xtreme Member
    Ok Charlie I'm having some DI tubes made so I may try this out. Sounds good with the idea of the DI just in the oil for chipset cooling. I was just going to put DI on my northbridge and rest it on my memery but this seems better. Only 10C though, how come? shouldn't it be like -20C atleast?

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    I just don't think SUPER_COLD temps on NB and mosfets would help much///////
    But you could throw in as much DI as you wanted....

C

Xtreme Member
    Yes but wouldn't the lower temps around the bottom of the DI tube help to lower the temperature alot at the bottom of the DI container? also wouldn't the DI container help cool the surrounding area alot too?
    Last edited by JWB; 07-18-2004 at 01:43 AM.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    sure...

Xtreme Addict
    Where can I get this stuff? I think i want to use it in my chiller

Xtreme Addict
    Does anybody know where to get this oil in europe?

Xtreme Addict
    any updates on this stuff?

Xtreme Member
    I'm working with ABIT and ASUS on finding out what temps the motherboards can take. We also have to look at the boards on the video cards and memory. I've been told by other people that the type of layered boards that are used for the consumer market absorb moister out of the air because of the fiber structure. They said that the boards will expand some and might break some connections. There are also some problems with the capacitors at low temps. We know the chips can take the low temp but of yet we don’t know if the boards can. So if you try something use junk parts.
    AMD FX-57, ATi EXPRESS 200 Motherboard, 1GB TCCD, 74GB Raptors in 0-Raid, RADEON X850 XT Platinum PCI Express, Logitech Z-5500 Speakers, Samsung 191T+

Phase-Cooling

Xtreme Addict
    So where do i get this stuff?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12