Thread: aopen 350 watt

aopen 350 watt

hello guy's

i have an aopen 350 watt psu and today i wanted to check if it had some pots inside, and yes id does!!

i found 3 little pots ( vr1, vr2 and vr3 ) but now i don't know wich one is for the 3.3v line

does anyone has any experience with this psu's

i'll try to measure them but they are so tiny that they are hard to get by with an multimeter

thx
    Last edited by Da_BoKa; 06-22-2004 at 03:12 AM.
    3200 winchester / 2*256 winbond UTT Mtec 50D - 2*256 Twinmos BH-5 - 1*256mb Corsair XMS 3500v1.1 BH-5 / EP-9NDA3+ Vdimm modded / R9800NP

Xtreme Mentor
    You dont have to check the voltage at the VRs with the multimeter.

Stick you multimeter probe into a molex connector (connector that plugs into a hard drive or fan) using the slot with the red wire in it. The red wire is the 5v rail.

Starting slowly adjusting one of the pots. If nothing happens then move to another pot...and so on until you find the pot that controls the 5v rail.

Be sure to ground the multimeter properly before taking any readings.

Do the same for the 12v and 3.3v rails.

You can also use the bios voltage monitoring versus using the multimeter, but the multimeter is going to far more accurate.

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    some of those Aopens are relabeled Fortrons.

Originally posted by Hell-Fire
    You dont have to check the voltage at the VRs with the multimeter.

Stick you multimeter probe into a molex connector (connector that plugs into a hard drive or fan) using the slot with the red wire in it. The red wire is the 5v rail.

Starting slowly adjusting one of the pots. If nothing happens then move to another pot...and so on until you find the pot that controls the 5v rail.

Be sure to ground the multimeter properly before taking any readings.

Do the same for the 12v and 3.3v rails.

You can also use the bios voltage monitoring versus using the multimeter, but the multimeter is going to far more accurate.
    yes thanks, i figured that out already, and for the 3.3v line i measured it at the ATX connector, but thx

for those who care, it's the VR closest to the front off the psu ( i think its called VR2 ) but be carefull they are extremely easy to break, i broke my 12v VR ( it overvolts 0.2v )

i could raise the 3.3v line up to 4v but then the psu resetted

@ elisha how can i check?
    3200 winchester / 2*256 winbond UTT Mtec 50D - 2*256 Twinmos BH-5 - 1*256mb Corsair XMS 3500v1.1 BH-5 / EP-9NDA3+ Vdimm modded / R9800NP

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    shouldn't need more then 3.8 so don't stress it. You might destroy your psu
    Level 80 UD Death Knight on Murmur (Beta)

Xtreme Addict
    does the vcore go on the 3.3 line?