Ok, I'm hoping later this week to buy an air conditioner and convert it to a chiller, but have a few questions first. Now I know theres going to be some variables, but i'll try and give as much info as possible. I'm going to be using it for cpu only.

1. I'm planning on getting a 12,000btu unit because Ive heard pulldown will be quicker and it will be able to hold a load better. Am I right about this?? A higher btu wont mean a colder liquid temp no?

2. I read a reply from Berkut a while ago when he said about having a big res around the evap would be better for the ultimate cold temp chiller. How many litres do you recommend in the res? I know it depends on my evap size, but would a large res pulldown slower but hold a better load vs a small res pulling down quicker?

3. What is the coldest chiller anyone has made, liquid temp that is? Just out of interest lol

4. Would -40C idle and -30C under load about right? I will use it for alot of cpus so dont know what the load will be. Lol yes I'm difficult lol Lets use a high power 300w i7 as an example?

Ok I will probably have more during my build, but thanks for any reply in advance guys. I have been looking forward to building one of these for a while lol. Wish me luck!