Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: WPCREDIT tweaks for the A64

Question Can ANYONE solve this problem

Thanks for the great game of volleyball guys, but can we please get back on target now? If CodeRed is unwilling or unable to respond to or resolve this issue, is there anyone else out there who can? I am re-listing the first two posts on this topic. Perhaps someone has the answers. We can only hope...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"PLEASE HELP US MR. RED!"

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed

Code:
    Gents,

I've just found a way to really boost your A64 performance using WPCREDIT.

The A64 mem controller registers can be accessed using WPCREDIT using Bus #0, Device #24, Function #2. There are 4 main registers that I have been playing with:

0x88 DRAM Timing Low
    0x8C DRAM Timing High
    0x90 DRAM Configuration Low
    0x94 DRAM Configuration High

The timings registers set all the DRAM timings params (as you'd expect), but there are many more than most BIOSes will show you. The best performance is obtained using:

Column Address Strobe # (CAS) = 2.0
    Row Cycle Time (Trc) = 8 
    Row Refresh Cycle Time (Trfc) = 12
    RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) = 2
    Row to Row delay (Trrd) = 2
    Min RAS Active Time (Tras) = 5
    Row Precharge Time (Trp) = 2
    Write Recovery Time (Twr) = 2
    Write to Read Delay (Twtr) = 1
    Read to Write Delay (Trtw) = 1

I normally write this as 2-8-12-2-2-5-2-2-1-1 for convenience ... not that rememering all those values is easy.

To set the mem timings to the above values change the registers as follows:
    reg 0x88 to 0x02522311
    reg 0x8C to 0x00000B00
    (use 32 bit mode in WPCREDIT)

I have only begun to experiment with the Config registers but some of the things I have tried are setting the Asynchronous Latency Value (controlled by reg 0x94). Normally my BIOS sets this to 7ns, but when I dropped it to 4ns there was a healthy boost to my memory performance. To do this set bits 0-3 of reg 0x94 to 0100 (binary) (4 for those who cant read binary).

Just to make things more interesting, bits 22-20 of reg 0x94 control the DRAM speed (200, 166, 133, 100 Mhz). There are several reserved values, and I decided to try 110. Surprisingly this gave me a mem speed somewhere inbetween 200 and 166 MHz. This may be a 183 Mhz mem option  I need to test some more to confirm these results.

Oh, 2T is also easy to disable :D

We no longer have to worry about BIOS updates, its all there in the DRAM registers. Over time I may write a simple windows app to set all this up in a user friendly fashion ... just need to find the time.

Only thing I cant do is set the bank interleave. Doing so would reorder the physical memory locations ... not something I think windoze would be happy with :p: 

Try it and compare your before and after benchies with something like pifast or superpi and you'll see the boost.

============================================

V0.31 of A64 tweaker is now ready (win 64 bit compatible now)
    jump to this post
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...345#post505345 

or just download :a64tweaker_V031.zip * linked fixed now *
    heres another dl link for those who have problems downloading the app: v0.50 XT beta or v0.31 final
    v0.60 Beta is up!
    Code, I love this program you’ve created and I use it all the time, but there are many of us who are having a major issue concerning its accuracy versus the Memtest86+ v1.6 program. I came over here from the DFI-Street forum because we are fresh out of answers there. A specific debate is brewing as to which program, A64 Tweaker v0.60 Beta or Memtest86+ v1.6 (located in the BIOS of the DFI LANPARTY nF4 MoBos), is reading the tREF (click on the green tREF please) properly. Here are both the tREF Table and the tREFDiscrepancyTable. I created them both and have posted them over at DFI-Street. A link to my tREF Table thread will be included in the tables themselves:

As you can clearly see on the tREF "Discrepancy" Table, the only two places where A64 Tweaker v0.60 Beta and Memtest86+ v1.6 agree, are in the highlighted blue sections. Now you can see why this is an issue. Not only because my tREF Table is based on your program, but because ALL the other simple tREF Tables, everywhere on the internet, are based upon your A64 Tweaker program. I cannot state, explicitly, that either program is wrong; I simply do not know the answer to this problem . There is, however, a British guy over at DFI-Street who keeps challenging the validity of my thread's claim because he professes to "know" that your program is wrong! He sites his belief that A64 Tweaker v0.60 Beta is invalid based solely upon the only “proof” he provides, which is that programs like RightMark Memory Analyzer, Central Brain Identifier and of course, Memtest86+ v1.6 all agree with each other, but disagree with your A64 Tweaker v0.60 Beta. I am not so quick to jump to this conclusion the way he is, however, because it is obvious to me that since all those "other" programs corroborate Memtest86+ v1.6, they are plainly reading the tREF data in the same manner. Given that A64 Tweaker v0.60 Beta is reading the tREF data differently than Memtest86+ v1.6, it obviously won't correspond with those other application's readings. Can you please help us by telling us which one is accurate and which one is in error and why, or if neither one is wrong, why there is this discrepancy? Thank you very much CodeRed .

Quote Originally Posted by RimRam

GARM,
    You know what? I have Asrock Satta II and just checked Everest and it shows 7.8 us for my Tref but all versions of A64 shows 3.9. I never noticed this until you brought this up. So therefore it is not just DFI mobo. And If Everest agrees w/ Memtest86, then I am guessing there is something wrong here (w/ A64 tweaker, hope not thu.)
    I wish this issue is looked into by CodeRed or someone knowledgable w/ Tweaker's program and solve this problem.
    Yes, I agree and I do believe that this is a real issue, but just so that everyone is crystal clear on this point, I did not bring this to your attention to be mean or a jerk-off critic. I did this to try and genuinely resolve the issue. Regardless of what is or isn't correct, or whatever the case may be, I think that A64 Tweaker is fantastic, as are programs like CBI and RMMA. I just hope that CodeRed looks into this for all of us. I also think that CodeRed is a great programmer too . Just so you know RimRam, to my knowledge, EVEREST only shows a refresh as is preprogrammed on your DIMM as it is reserved in the RAM's SPD. It is Memtest86+, Central Brain Identifier and RightMark Memory Analyzer that conflict directly with A64 Tweaker. EVEREST, like PC Wizard 2005, only displays the Serial Presence Detect, EEPROM that is right on your memory stick. The tREF I am concerned with is the one that can be adjusted in your BIOS on your MotherBoard. I also would like to point out that I know for fact that A64 Tweaker is 100% correct on all the other data it displays. The tREF is my only concern here.

I am now officially extending a request to ANYONE who may know the answer to this problem, or perhaps has a different spin on it, to let us know by posting a response in this thread. Until further notice and until this matter is cleared up satisfactorily, I shall display two versions of my tREF TABLE. One shall be based on Code's A64 Tweaker and the other on Memtest86+. I shall also include the tREF discrepancy Table between the other two and my TUTORIAL Table shall be exhibited at the bottom. Once this issue has reached an acceptable resolution, I shall remove the Table that displays incorrect data, should that be the case. Hopefully, there is someone out there who can assist all of us with this. Thank you! Peace ...

Xtreme Member
    Do they show the same on bootup?
    Many programs can't recognize if you changed some timings within windows via A64Tweaker.
    Opteron 144
    DFI nf4
    2x256MB Kingston HyperX3000 BH5
    Antec TrueBlue480 w 120mm fan and modded rails

Exclamation Consistent Conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Flib

Do they show the same on bootup?
    Many programs can't recognize if you changed some timings within windows via A64Tweaker.
    I've never had any issues with other programs reading the "Tweaks" I've made while using A64 Tweaker, and the BIOS always reverts back to its original CMOS setup, from an A64 Tweaker adjustment, upon reboot. The A64 Tweaker's conflicting tREF data is always consistently there, however.

I have a problem

Hello everyone and Code Red,

I have a problem I overshot one of my values and after my system locked and reboot now all my tweaker values are the values at the bottom of the drop menus and it wont let me change anything. Please help me anyway you can I'm very good at all tweaking just below this level any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the .60 version.

P.S. Sorry been awhile since Ive asked for help. Yes I've reinstalled. Not sure of anything thing else I should have tried or left out.
    \/\/\/\/\/\/freecable guy u are the man!!!!! thanks allot!!!!!! I'll save space and not ad another post for my noob problem.
    Last edited by ColdFlo; 02-08-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Banned
    open cpu-z then close it, then try opening WPCREDIT again

Omg I Have Seen The Hand Of God

Jesus was a poor man. He paid for the slickest set of pny ddr400 he could get for 10 dollars after rebate....... But only if he knew the power it could weild......
    DADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    DAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    DAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    :::Strings Sections Finishes Off Theme of 2001:::
    Column Address Strobe # (CAS) = 1.5!!!!!!!!!!!
    Row Cycle Time (Trc) = 7
    Row Refresh Cycle Time (Trfc) = 11
    RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) = 3
    Row to Row delay (Trrd) = 2
    Min RAS Active Time (Tras) = 5
    Row Precharge Time (Trp) = 2
    Write Recovery Time (Twr) = 2
    Write to Read Delay (Twtr) = 1
    Read to Write Delay (Trtw) = 1

I normally write this as 1.5-7-11-3-2-5-2-2-1-1 for convenience ... not that rememering all those values is easy. You can always RED it again incase you forgets........

Thank you oh god of the RED CODE HE WHO IS KNOWN AS CODERED.

I shall forever be in your dept. May all my CLIPS POUR INTO THE FACES OF MINE ENEMIES AND CAUSE INSTANT DEATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall forever be in your debt..............
    Last edited by ColdFlo; 02-08-2006 at 05:16 PM.

hi there,

can anybody tell me how to remove A64Tweaker-v031 ???

I looked in the register several times and I don't find the io.sys

thanks

Lightbulb The DELETE button...

Quote Originally Posted by luismenendez

hi there,

can anybody tell me how to remove A64Tweaker-v031 ???

I looked in the register several times and I don't find the io.sys

thanks
    Yeah, it's called "Delete".

The program wasn't actually "installed" on your system, in any conventional sense. Just DELETE it.

Fused
    Quote Originally Posted by Borg Number One
    Hi tictac.

1.)
    This:
    http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56354

also may interests you.

BNOBTC v6 with totally new version of:
    AMIBCP
    ModBin6 (2.01.01 (06/25) 2003)
    CBROM (CBROM32 1.33, 1.41, 1.44)
    Flash utilities etc.

will be released soon.

http://bnobtc.pix-art.com

2.)
    Code:
    header: 55 AA  ; Boot Able rom
    jmp init ; jump to code intialization
    retf ; return far to system bios file

INIT
    pushad  
    push eax
    push edx
    mov eax,0x80002184; eax=Bus0Dev2Func1,Offset 84,85,86,87
    mov dx,0cf8 ; set dx as adress port
    out dx,eax ; send the address to IO Space throgh dx port
    mov dx,0cfc ; set dx as data port
    in eax,dx ;Receive the data into eax for the address we sent through dx port
    and eax,XXXXXX ; Change the data
    or eax,XXXXXX ; Change the data
    out eax,dx ; Send back the modded data through dx port
    pop edx,
    pop eax
    popad
    ret ; return to header

last bit; use 8 bit checksum

The assembler code looks really interesting and this idea is similar to the ROMOS project.
    http://hosting.modflex.com/rayer/romos/romose.htm

ROMOS booting in Bochs PC Emulator

ROMOS booting in VMware
    (Weird chars appeared while booting ROMOS in VMware,
    but there was no reason for this.
    New releases of VMware may do not have this bug anymore.)

(PNG conversion and highest possible lossless PNG optimization & file size reduction by:
    Borg Number One - borg_no [dot] one -at- gmx [dot] net
    Thanks go to GIMP, PNGCRUSH and PNGOUT)

Well, I just would like to know what values have I to replace with xxxxxx?
    hi.... sorry for late reply i will post the source code in Xtreme bios section
    check it over there

Would be very nice to have an update of this for windows 7....

Codered you ready for a windows 7 update?!!!! these old amd X2s are great on windows 7 would be very nice to have this app at disposal in windows 7.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617