Thread: Abit KV8 Pro worth getting?

Xtreme Member

Abit KV8 Pro worth getting?

Our distributor has the KV8 Pro listed... not in stock yet, but the price is right ($100 CAD ). I haven't seen a whole lot one way or the other about the board. Has anyone here played with one? Does the PCI lock actually work?

Banned
    You should avoid ABit unless you are building a new 32-bit Athlon (something you should also avoid). ABit is junk.

If you just have to have a K8T800 board try Asus (K8V non-SE if possible), unless you want to run SATA with a 215+ FSB. If you need SATA and 215+ FSB at the same time go for an NF3 250 Pro board. GA-K8NS is cheap and very good if you don't need the extra features of the Pro version, which I run because I need the bells and whistles.
    Last edited by StormPC; 06-15-2004 at 01:58 PM.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    avoid abit like the plague.
    they just keep releasing one bad board after another.

I mean come on, how can you release a K8t800 Pro and not know it doesn't have AGP and PCI locks, I mean damn, if ECS can do it right, why does abit always screw it up?
    every board they release in the last 2 years has been screwed up in some big way, and they always take 6 months to fix it.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

I had to have the locks fixed by Abit as they didn't work when I first got it but now its quiet a nice board, overclocks well and is stable, im happy enough.

pic shows the locks work.