Page 224 of 301 FirstFirst ... 124174214221222223224225226227234274 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 7525

Thread: Air Cooled Gallery

  1. #5576
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    8,829
    This is a sick setup!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

  2. #5577
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    386
    So that noctua heatsink with two Deltas and I dont know which fan is the one in the middle, performs better than a Copper or Megahalem?
    And... that megahalem is a megashadow, isn't it?
    i7 2600k / G1. Sniper 2 / 8Gb Sniper 1600 / GTX 580 / 3.4Tb / AX1200 *Mod. / v2120 / Rheobus Extreme *Mod.

    HF 14 Livingstone / Thermochill Pa 120.3 / Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250ml / MCP 355 + XSPC Laing DDC Acetal Top / Bitspower Matt Black Fittings Army / NoiseBlocker Blacksilent Fans

  3. #5578
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    8,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Osterman View Post
    So that noctua heatsink with two Deltas and I dont know which fan is the one in the middle, performs better than a Copper or Megahalem?
    And... that megahalem is a megashadow, isn't it?
    Yes and yes.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

  4. #5579
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    157
    Fan in the middle is delta 4000 rpm (not an advantage for NH-D14, in the middle do not fits 38mm fan). I test the delta 5500 rpm aginst the San Ace 6000 rpm and delta is a little better, under 1c.

    I have nuch more tests to do (fanless, low rpm etc...), the point is that i test and retest the setups because i want to be sure about the results.

    Noctua NH-D14 performs way better than Megashadow and Copper at extreme settings.

  5. #5580
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    374








    Got my Lian Li PC-A05NB friday, so made it into a small project.

    - Sleeved the fans and lowered them to 5v.
    - Sleeved the top IO-panel wires.
    - Sleeved the power, restart and led wires.
    - Sleeved the ATX4 extension.
    - Routed the powercord extension.
    - Scythe Himuros.
    - P-clips for routing.
    Fractal Design Array mITX
    LC Worklog: Project Purple Haze
    LianLi V1000
    LC Worklog: Project Crystal Clear
    LianLi A05
    LC Worklog: Project Simplicity

  6. #5581
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Yes and yes.
    those temps seem a little higher than what they should be, or not? Mine maxed at 79c on the mega shadow (4608Mhz @ 1.494v load) with two scythe 110cfm'ers. Mine was on tech station too.

    Regardless, sick setup man. Jealous you have the noctua and the mega shadow


    I know its not prime 95, but prime 95 on my setup heats up less than anything else. Wprime runs hotter, and Linx/Intel Burn test work the best for me as far as max heat/power consumption.

    Last edited by Chicken Patty; 11-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    Cruncher's - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Pentium D @ 2.8 GHz Total Threads = 8
    Folding Cards -1 GTX 295, 1 GT240 Total Threads = 3

  7. #5582
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by poparamiro View Post
    Fan in the middle is delta 4000 rpm (not an advantage for NH-D14, in the middle do not fits 38mm fan). I test the delta 5500 rpm aginst the San Ace 6000 rpm and delta is a little better, under 1c.

    I have nuch more tests to do (fanless, low rpm etc...), the point is that i test and retest the setups because i want to be sure about the results.

    Noctua NH-D14 performs way better than Megashadow and Copper at extreme settings.
    Well so keep us update please!

    Im looking foward to building a WC, I have just sold my TRUE COPPER, so... If I dont build a WC I want something better than TRUE COPPER...


    Does someone try 3RSYSTEM ICEAGE 120 BOSS II?
    It seems to work pretty good.
    i7 2600k / G1. Sniper 2 / 8Gb Sniper 1600 / GTX 580 / 3.4Tb / AX1200 *Mod. / v2120 / Rheobus Extreme *Mod.

    HF 14 Livingstone / Thermochill Pa 120.3 / Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250ml / MCP 355 + XSPC Laing DDC Acetal Top / Bitspower Matt Black Fittings Army / NoiseBlocker Blacksilent Fans

  8. #5583
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    105
    I have the Aerocool Case, too
    But with another front
    Normal Front:


    Current:


    My Plans:

  9. #5584
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,121
    Beloe there is nothing there
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

  10. #5585
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Patty View Post
    those temps seem a little higher than what they should be, or not? Mine maxed at 79c on the mega shadow (4608Mhz @ 1.494v load) with two scythe 110cfm'ers. Mine was on tech station too.

    Regardless, sick setup man. Jealous you have the noctua and the mega shadow


    I know its not prime 95, but prime 95 on my setup heats up less than anything else. Wprime runs hotter, and Linx/Intel Burn test work the best for me as far as max heat/power consumption.

    Thats a silly thing to say. Maybe you're not using the right settings for prime ( small FFT 8 threads ) or you're not letting it run long enough but theres no way wprime 32m will run hotter in 5 sec. And his was using higher voltages.

  11. #5586
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by halfwaythere View Post
    Thats a silly thing to say. Maybe you're not using the right settings for prime ( small FFT 8 threads ) or you're not letting it run long enough but theres no way wprime 32m will run hotter in 5 sec. And his was using higher voltages.
    I just think his temps should be slightly better. Those temps are with the new Noctua cooler right? Also he had some serious airflow going through that cooler. Not saying they are bad though. My screenshot was just for reference.
    Cruncher's - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Pentium D @ 2.8 GHz Total Threads = 8
    Folding Cards -1 GTX 295, 1 GT240 Total Threads = 3

  12. #5587
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bulgaria/Sandanski
    Posts
    234
    Under siege

    GA-X58A-UD9
    I7-970
    KHX2000C9D3T1K3 3 x 2GB
    HALE90-1000-M
    Test Bench V1.0






  13. #5588
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    44
    we wanna tests!!!

  14. #5589
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    498
    That Noctua cooler is a Moster, look at its size compared to the megahalems which itself is not exactly slender
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel Core i7 980X @ 4ghz
    EVGA 590 GTX x2 Quad SLI
    Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB PC3-12800C8
    Western Digital 150 GB Velociraptor
    Corsair AX1200
    Asus Xonar Xense
    Custom Watercooling
    Lian Li Pc-P80 Armoursuit

  15. #5590
    Xtreme Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,635
    My Previous post was deleted as I took new ones with a better camera











    Last edited by Mungri; 11-16-2009 at 07:54 PM.

  16. #5591
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23






    Shot by camera phone !
    Last edited by chickenit; 11-16-2009 at 09:49 PM.

  17. #5592
    Xtreme Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,635
    Yea, mine are all taken with camera phones too. I just remembered to charge up my K850i and use that instead of my LG.

    Hopefully for my upgrade in July next year, I will be able to get a 12mp Phone with a full keypad, and proper flash, zoom, and focus.

    The thing is that any more than 3.2 mp without a proper flash is major pointless, as I learnt with my LG Arena.

    I cant be bothered with paying for a seperate camera since I get a subsidised high end Phone every 18 months .

  18. #5593
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    374










    My Lian Li PC-A05NB, cooled by a TRUE Black and three stock Lian Li fans on 5v.
    It's 5C colder then my Antec 300, both in idle and load, and it's quiet too!
    My Antec had all slots filled with Fractal Design fans on 12v.

    The poor sleeving is stock on the PSU, the rest I've done myself with proper MDPC-X.
    Not going to bother with sleeving the rest since it's just a temporary build.
    Fractal Design Array mITX
    LC Worklog: Project Purple Haze
    LianLi V1000
    LC Worklog: Project Crystal Clear
    LianLi A05
    LC Worklog: Project Simplicity

  19. #5594
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    86
    Looks good Chickenit, quite colourfull too.
    Though you need to do something about those wires on that testbench.
    PC: Case: Zalman Z-Machine GT-1000 Black Brushed Alu - Screen: HP W2408H - Mobo: DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS PLUS - CPU: Intel C2Q Q9550 - Ram: Corsair Dominator 8GB PC2-8500 - GPU: MSI 460GTX OC 'Cyclone' - Sound: Asus Xonar D2X + Onkyo HT-S5105 5.1 set
    Cooling Thermolab Baram + 2x tacens Ventus ice - Storage: OCZ Vertex 60GB, WD Caviar Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB - PSU: Corsair HX520 - Peripherals: Duck Orion TKL (MX Clears) + Roccat Kova mouse

  20. #5595
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    Yea, mine are all taken with camera phones too. I just remembered to charge up my K850i and use that instead of my LG.

    Hopefully for my upgrade in July next year, I will be able to get a 12mp Phone with a full keypad, and proper flash, zoom, and focus.

    The thing is that any more than 3.2 mp without a proper flash is major pointless, as I learnt with my LG Arena.

    I cant be bothered with paying for a seperate camera since I get a subsidised high end Phone every 18 months .
    Hi . My cam is K800i
    Quote Originally Posted by JaccoW View Post
    Looks good Chickenit, quite colourfull too.
    Though you need to do something about those wires on that testbench.
    Hi .Present it like this :

    My sys :Intel E5200 with zalman 97NT || DFI DK P45T2RS || 2GB Kingston HyperX || Ati Radeon 3850 || Seagate 500GB || Pioneer || CM Extreme 460W || LG 2053TQ || Onkyo D052A || IE1.0 White || Logitech LX310

  21. #5596
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    And here is mine...









    Specs:

    Asus P6T Deluxe | Intel Corei7 920 @ 4 GHz | Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | 3GB OCZ PC12800 | Asus GTX 285 1GB | 2X Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Nexus 850w | Lian-Li PC-60FW

    Idle temp is like 29 C.

  22. #5597
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    48
    Finally got my new case all ready



    INTEL Q9550|ANTEC P183|GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R|EVGA GTX295+|MUSHKIN 8GB DDR2|CORSAIR HX750|ASUS LION SQUARE|SONY SDM-P234|LG BDROM|SCYTHE KAZE MASTER

  23. #5598
    color red illidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,486
    wow... nicely cut that p183 side panel. white light is so much kooler
    with what did u cut that side panel so clean?

  24. #5599
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    wow... nicely cut that p183 side panel. white light is so much kooler
    with what did u cut that side panel so clean?
    Thank you I actually ordered the panel from PugetSystems.com

    I didn't want their logo on it, but don't sell it any other way. Luckily, it's not that big and actually not that bad looking. And yes, I'm very glad I went with white light.

    VERY happy with this case so far (upgraded from Alienware P1)
    INTEL Q9550|ANTEC P183|GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R|EVGA GTX295+|MUSHKIN 8GB DDR2|CORSAIR HX750|ASUS LION SQUARE|SONY SDM-P234|LG BDROM|SCYTHE KAZE MASTER

  25. #5600
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenit View Post
    Hi .Present it like this :

    Looks good. You just took the mobotray and put everything together like that?
    But are the HDD's on the speaker a good idea?
    btw: Onkyo FTW!

    I made a few changes recently:
    -Removed the red led strips (but might put them back again in the future after some soldering)
    -Sprayed the silver backplate matte black
    -Got a new mobo. (DFI)

    A nice overview:


    I also sprayed my aeroslots and pci-expansion slots black:


    And a final reflection shot.


    Edit: If anyone wants it I can resize the pictures. They are a bit large now.
    Last edited by JaccoW; 11-17-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    PC: Case: Zalman Z-Machine GT-1000 Black Brushed Alu - Screen: HP W2408H - Mobo: DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS PLUS - CPU: Intel C2Q Q9550 - Ram: Corsair Dominator 8GB PC2-8500 - GPU: MSI 460GTX OC 'Cyclone' - Sound: Asus Xonar D2X + Onkyo HT-S5105 5.1 set
    Cooling Thermolab Baram + 2x tacens Ventus ice - Storage: OCZ Vertex 60GB, WD Caviar Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB - PSU: Corsair HX520 - Peripherals: Duck Orion TKL (MX Clears) + Roccat Kova mouse

Page 224 of 301 FirstFirst ... 124174214221222223224225226227234274 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •