Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does any one make there own blocks??

Xtreme Member
    I understand that, so what do they look like?
    AMD FX-57, ATi EXPRESS 200 Motherboard, 1GB TCCD, 74GB Raptors in 0-Raid, RADEON X850 XT Platinum PCI Express, Logitech Z-5500 Speakers, Samsung 191T+

Phase-Cooling

webspace... just copy'n'paste the picture urls into the adress bar...
    My Tea-Kwon-do teacher told me: Your arms and legs, your head, knees and your feet are dangerous weapons, because of that, be careful, I am armed and dangerous!

HVAC/R Engineer
    What does the two phase flow look like in an evaporator, or the refrigerant flow? My blocks are a little more complicated than a simple single phase flow model as they will to some degree with multiple refrigerants autocascade within the inlet/ metering/chambers....

Xtreme Member
    Can you send me a picture, this is interesting to me.
    AMD FX-57, ATi EXPRESS 200 Motherboard, 1GB TCCD, 74GB Raptors in 0-Raid, RADEON X850 XT Platinum PCI Express, Logitech Z-5500 Speakers, Samsung 191T+

Phase-Cooling

HVAC/R Engineer
    Pic of what?

Xtreme Member
    Your block

Phase-Cooling

HVAC/R Engineer
    How's this this is an aluminum I Tigged, it is going on a three stager soon....shooting for -150C...,

Xtreme Member
    Why not with copper? Do you have a picture of inside? Looks Great from the outside.

Phase-Cooling

HVAC/R Engineer
    This is the inside of the block, the top portion consists of another evaporator and subcomming assembly it will be used as a secondary HX, to condense another gas before it enters the evap..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alu.jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	12673  

Xtreme Member
    www.SPEC7.pl - this is what I do

need a phase-change system? pm me!

to be honest... nothing special ;-)

niggo
    My Tea-Kwon-do teacher told me: Your arms and legs, your head, knees and your feet are dangerous weapons, because of that, be careful, I am armed and dangerous!

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by NikolauZi
    to be honest... nothing special ;-)

niggo
    Heh, Im not say that it is , just quite nice and cheap block. Its my second project, so Im a beginner (also in english)

BTW, your evaps looking realy good

if you want one, just send an pm ;-)

Xtreme Member
    I want to design my own blocks but not sure sure on what design to go for. Please if there is ANYONE who can send me a design with actual measurement I would appreciate it. How important is the suction/return line`s lenth and position in a block? I see a lot of designs have the suction line low down near the base with the return higher. Also why are most blocks a three layer config? Am I correct in saying:

1 is the thin base that will allow for close core contact.
    2 is the actual maze that is cut all the way through and when brazed with 1 it forms the main body of the block
    3 is the top or lid.

I`m really confused with this all. If you look at FUGGER`s design

what I`m thinking is just slap a top on and there we go. But length and position of the pipes is what I don`t get. Please guys I need your help.

P.S. FUGGER if me hosting your pic is not on just PM me and I`ll delete it. Ta
    "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

HVAC/R Engineer
    Actually slap a top on it depends on the position on the suctionline and then there is what you want the top to do when constructing the top for the Aluminum block I added a few things "under the hood" to give lower temps..
    Last edited by chilly1; 06-03-2004 at 11:08 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by chilly1
    This is the inside of the block, the top portion consists of another evaporator and subcomming assembly it will be used as a secondary HX, to condense another gas before it enters the evap..
    oh snap, sounds awesome

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

HVAC/R Engineer
    The copper has arrived This is a 1.5 inch diameter 36 inch solid copper .. 99.95%..... Going to the machine shop tomorrow...

Name:	copper.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	12765  

ohhh, purdy.... :smileysex

Why 36" long? Is that the shortest you can buy it?

HVAC/R Engineer
    No I am running off 10 blocks... I almost bought a 12 ft stick but shipping was 200.00

Xtreme Member
    Are you going to sell your blocks on the forum? What are you going to ask for a copper one?

Phase-Cooling

Xtreme Member
    Yeah Chilly1 I`m going to probably end up buying one of your blocks rather than making it. If you got some time can you explain to us how the process that happens in the block and what makes a good design. PLEASE do this for us and add it to the stickies. There`s a lot of ppl who would like to know more about the block.
    "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

HVAC/R Engineer
    SCREWVAP.... This is a runoff of the CNC machine basically a tailing set up piece...
    This is what the internals will look like...

Name:	screwvap.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	12784  
    Last edited by chilly1; 06-04-2004 at 08:58 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Is this an aluminium mockup? Looks very promising, good work dude.
    MAIN RIG :: CPU: Opteron 146 @ 2.85ghz :: Motherboard: DFI SLI-DR :: Memory: OCZ 1GB Platinum Edition Dual Channel :: Video Card: ATI X1800XL :: Hard-Drive: 2x 250GB WD SATA II RAID-0 :: PSU: OCZ 520W Powerstream :: Case: Coolermaster Praetorian :: Monitor: Sony G420 :: Operating System: Win XP Pro Edition

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast