Thread: Change R134a to R404A.

Change R134a to R404A.

I'm newbie. I don't speak english very well. Sorry if you don't understand all.
    I have Prometeia Mach II
    I would like to change R134a to R404a.
    What are all the stages ?

Xtreme Addict
    You might want to look here
    http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=716&s=1
    cool cool cool!

we need changed the capilary tube ? the condenser ?

X.I.P.
    Originally posted by hatemi
    You might want to look here
    http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=716&s=1
    That's not the wrong way, but it is the hard way.

Any time a system is opened to the atmosphere, you need to worry about air and/or moisture in the system, so you need to pull a deep evacuation and possibly replace the drier. If all you are doing is changing the refrigerant, this isn't necessary.

Find the crimped off process tube on the compressor or suction line. Install a piercing valve (aka tap valve, aka saddle valve, aka vampire valve) on the process tube. Suck out the old refrigerant, evacuate, put in the new refrigerant, use a pinch-off tool to crimp the line, cut the line between the pinch-off tool and the piercing valve, braze the cut end, remove the pinch-off tool, and you are done. At no point is the system opened to atmosphere.

Author - Refrigeration Trouble Shooting Books

Want to learn more? Click Here

X.I.P.
    Originally posted by gohu
    we need changed the capilary tube ? the condenser ?
    Changing/extending the cap tube can give you lower temperatures, depending on your heat load, but it isn't necessary. IMO, it is not cost effective.

The condenser doesn't need to be changed, but it is a good idea to use a larger condenser fan. On all of the prommies, the condenser airflow has been minimized in order to reduce the noise level. If you don't mind a little more noise, a larger fan will improve performance, even if the refrigerant has not been changed, and with the higher pressure refrigerant, it may be necessary.

Author - Refrigeration Trouble Shooting Books

Want to learn more? Click Here

thank you for your reponses... I will contact a refrigeration technician. I will ask him to change the gaz and I will buy a bigger fan for the condenser. All is good ? I did not forget anything ? What performance I will win ?

thx you very much.

thank you for your reponses... I will contact a refrigeration technician. I will ask him to change the gaz R134A to R404A and I will buy a bigger fan for the condenser. All is good ? I did not forget anything ? What performance I will win ?

thx you very much.