Thread: How to get higher 3.3V rail from Fortron 550W ???

Champion

How to get higher 3.3V rail from Fortron 550W ???

I just bought a Fortron 550W psu and i'm trying to get a higher 3.3V rail . Inside the PSU are two pots . One for 3.3V and one for the 12V .
    The problem with the 3.3V pot is that even if a turn it all the way (zero resistance) the rail can't get over 3.5V.
    A friend of mine told me that it is possible to put another resistance in series with the pot , in order to get higher voltages ...
    Anyone knows how will i make it ???? My fried has already done it but i have to go to his place and check it .

I just don't wanna do it with the vsense way .

Thanks !
    Last edited by Stelios; 05-18-2004 at 02:10 PM.

Bulletproof
    You can (and I have) fry motherboards by giving them too much 3.3. I took one out almost instantly at ~3.75v

And if you're talking about the popular 530fort... there are actually 3 big pots and if I recall right, two little pots. I've no clue what the little pots do, but one of the big ones can take your 3.3 line to at least 3.75v.
    Only the stupidest humans believe that the dogma of relative filth is a defense.

Champion
    Originally posted by Lithan
    You can (and I have) fry motherboards by giving them too much 3.3. I took one out almost instantly at ~3.75v

And if you're talking about the popular 530fort... there are actually 3 big pots and if I recall right, two little pots. I've no clue what the little pots do, but one of the big ones can take your 3.3 line to at least 3.75v.
    The 530W is available only in USA. In Europe you can find only the 550W (it has two 12V rails) . The 3.3V pot is already to the Max (3.52V) and i want to go further.

The problem is rather simple , just a voltage divider. All i have to do is to play with the resistors....

Champion
    I have finally made it !
    With the proper resistance , i have set the 3.3V rail to 3.75V

It was so simple ....

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by Lithan

The smaller pots are for OVP/OCP.
    Last edited by Hell-Fire; 06-27-2004 at 09:25 PM.

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Champion
    The 550W doesn't have any overvoltage pots.
    Only 2 pots .... one for the 3.3V rail and the other for the 12V(and maybe for the 5V also) .
    It's very different to the 530W model.

Xtreme Mentor
    Was responding to another post bud.

I would assume that the 5v and 12v rails are tied together. This is generally the case when only one pot is present, or one sense wire.

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.