Thread: Need help for PSU Vsense mod!!!!

Unhappy Need help for PSU Vsense mod!!!!

All modders, this time need help

i just followed all the ways that u guys discussed in other forums about modding Antec TP550W Vsenses

3.3V = 10ohm fixed + 1k VR
    5V = 33ohm fixed + 10k VR
    12V = 68ohm fixed 10k VR

After modding, the PSU could turn on, but after several minutes of running, it shut off itself

i've set all the voltages near to default voltages 3.4/5.2/12.3V

this must not the problem of overvoltage, then i tried touching the VRs, the 5V and 12V VR got very hot, so i think the wattages of the VRs that i've chosen was not high enough (only 0.5W), but i dont know what the value of watt of the VR must have for this mod, anyone knows that???? if so, where to buy those VR?

Xtreme Mentor
    Half watt or 3/4 watt is pretty much the standard...so not likely that this is your problem.

I used 0.75 watt VRs on my Antec TP550, and it has been running for over year now.

Can you post a pic of the mods you performed. You may be grounding out somewhere, or an improper configuration.

Also, be aware that modding means more heat. I changed the fans in my psu after the mod. Turn it on, and after it runs for minute or 2 (before it shuts down obviously), stick your hand behind the exhaust fan and see if the air is warm.

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

i've sent all of my modding photos to ur e-mail provided to me last time, so plz check out

plz comment on what i did wrong there plz, Hell-fire
    thx very much!!!!!