Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: week 50 3500+

Xtreme Member

week 50 3500+

has anyone got any week 50 3500+ winchesters
    a store in the UK has them and i want to know how they clock

My guess is that it will... but it is all a draw of luck, and it's as new as it can get so not many people have a week 50 winchester yet.
    My goal: A64 @ 10*300 - 2x512mb 1:1 2,5-3-3-8 1T

Needed
    CPU capable of 10x300 1:1 - my week 31 winchester has a crappy memcontroller (can do 2600Mhz prime stable)
    Ram capable of 300Mhz 2,5-3-3-8 1T @ 2,8v - my OCZ EL PC3200 rev.2 not "good" enough (at least 275Mhz)
    Good mobo, this Abit AV8 is the worst i have ever owned seems to be a problem with the ram power supply

Xtreme Mentor
    The week doesn't matter - it's all in the chip (luck, luck, luck). My Week 44 overclocks better than my week 47 - the week has nothing to do with it.

i7-2600k @ 4.8Ghz 1.38v L044A892
    ASUS P8P67 LGA
    16GB G.Skill Rip Jaws DDR3 1600Mhz Memory
    1/2" ID Masterkleer, Swiftech MCP-655, Thermochill PA120.3 Rad, XSPC Rasa, MCW-60
    Cooler Master UCP 1100 Watt PSU
    GTX 680 1300/7000
    Lian Li PC V-2000

Quote Originally Posted by dnottis
    The week doesn't matter - it's all in the chip (luck, luck, luck). My Week 44 overclocks better than my week 47 - the week has nothing to do with it.
    It's more to do with the batch it came from and therefore the batch code.
    This was discovered back in the days of the thoroughbred and barton.

Here is C&P from a good posting on the batch codes and what they can mean for getting a great OC'able chip :-

WPMW, SP1W, XPMW, XPCW, MPMW have no special meaning for end-user, but according to the AMD Athlon XP Thoroughbred B Datasheet, the Third alphabet out of these 4 alphabets represents the number of production run/batch on a particular production date. For example, A represents the first batch of product on that week, B is the second batch, and C is the third batch and so on;

It therefore can be said the first few batches have the best quality and purity, made from the purest wafer and finest assembling.
    Other than A, B, and C, M represents the combined lots from many batches which cannot pass the Quality test (QC) for labeling as higher model like 2700+ but still can be marked as 2400+ for example.

Other than M, they are many alphabets out there e.g. R, I, S, and even digits like 1 to 9. Codes with digits are deemed to be one of the poorest quality wafers, like SP1W. They have been combined and re-combined again after abandoning the poorer one from other batches. They are not finished at one go, instead they are finished after several runs of producing, which means they may fail the QC and passed to re-labeling line (Just my guess.)

That's why, those with codes like SPAW, XPCW and WPCW can be overclocked to unexceptional levels even with default voltage!!

Update:
    Besides the 3rd alphabet, the 1st alphabet happens to have the same characteristic, which means the overall overclockability of one particular batch will have the following scenario:

MPMW > UPMW > WPMW > XPMW
    This is from this posting http://techdot.com/talk/topic350-page-1-pp-15.html

So your 0441UPMW will be better than a 0441WPMW batch chip but not as good as a chip from the 0441MPMW batch.

HTH,
    Demoulous

Xtreme Member
    My 3500+ MPMW wasn't good, with wc only can do 2.7 stable

So like dnottis said i think in the winchesters it's only luck.
    PS: don't like sub-zero temps also.

Xtreme Member
    My 3500+ MPMW wasn't good, with wc only can do 2.7 stable
    what is wrong with 2.7Ghz on water stable??? how much is good!!! , I think all 3000+, 3200+ and 3500+ give the same OC, the multipiers dont justify the price though IMHO
    "...If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate..." Stephen Wright

MSI-Neo2, Athlon64 3200+, 0447-SPAW2750mhz (10X275)@1.55V 38 degrees idle, 42degrees load
    LR Cascade, Mag 5, OCZ Powerstream 520W, BFG GeForce 6800GT OC, OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev II 2X512mb 2.5,4,4, 6
    Setup
    Heatware

Xtreme Member
    I've seen 3000+ and 3200+ @ 2.8/2.9 on air. And the worse thing i coudn't use my vapo with it.

Xtreme Member
    Well my 3500+ it's a:

ADA3500DIK4BI
    CBBFD 0437WPEW

Same week that MJRL one, but WPEW instead MPMW.
    Mine works with phase-change and didn't overclock much as I wanted

Only tested in phase-change, and the max HTT were:
    253,3x11
    276,5x10
    307,0x9

Well, just to say that two cpu's with the same week and one works with phase-change and the other one's not...
    ->Dual 2.8 Xeon * PC-DL Dlx * 2gb Kingston DDR400 * Connect3D X850Pro@XTPE
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Recruit
    new week 3500 where in UK?

Xtreme Member
    Very interesting MPMW > UPMW > WPMW > XPMW

I have a 3400 thats XPMW hits near 2.9g on stock cooler 3d01 stable at least and i not tried again since that night

So it seems the older the code mpmw vs xpmw the better

EDIT** Her code is CBAZC0435XPMW
    Last edited by stestan; 01-11-2005 at 11:05 AM.
    Conroe Q6600
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Asus 8800GTS 512mb
    4x1 gig SuperTalent 6400
    All Air Cooling
    ------------------------------

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well i know overclockers.co.uk got some in 3 days ago, these the ones u mean? b/c they got some 3200+ a week ago and they 46.......how u know the week?

would'nt bother with ocuk atm.. ( not till they realise there support was the best thing about them in the UK, did'nt have the best stock choices or prices but decent support made me always buy with them )

ive bought several thousand pounds of stuff from them over the years and there support was great with any problems ( there always is with anything u buy ) but since they stopped doing email support completely and relying on phones you can't even reach them at all ( tried for over a week non stop :/ )

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paa`
    would'nt bother with ocuk atm.. ( not till they realise there support was the best thing about them in the UK, did'nt have the best stock choices or prices but decent support made me always buy with them )

ive bought several thousand pounds of stuff from them over the years and there support was great with any problems ( there always is with anything u buy ) but since they stopped doing email support completely and relying on phones you can't even reach them at all ( tried for over a week non stop :/ )
    Same problem here...
    No e-mail support from now on... They contact me by e-mail, but only after one user from other forum has contact them to tell about my problem.

I've tried to pre-order a DFI LP SLI-DR and they can not ship above 2Kg for EU... their solution was: "you
    may be able to select a different motherboard if it is lighter"...

Well... maybe it's my problem and not them...
    ->Dual 2.8 Xeon * PC-DL Dlx * 2gb Kingston DDR400 * Connect3D X850Pro@XTPE
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Member
    I've seen 3000+ and 3200+ @ 2.8/2.9 on air. And the worse thing i coudn't use my vapo with it.
    I have seen those too but they are just show off, suicide screenshots that are not stable at all..... I have yet to see a 2.90Mhz on air prime and game stable...LOL
    "...If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate..." Stephen Wright

MSI-Neo2, Athlon64 3200+, 0447-SPAW2750mhz (10X275)@1.55V 38 degrees idle, 42degrees load
    LR Cascade, Mag 5, OCZ Powerstream 520W, BFG GeForce 6800GT OC, OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev II 2X512mb 2.5,4,4, 6
    Setup
    Heatware

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnottis
    i thought the newer weeks would be better because they have a new fixed mem controller? and use strained sillicon? and other stuff like that

anyway i bought one and should get it tomorrow
    will post my results

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mata2974
    I have seen those too but they are just show off, suicide screenshots that are not stable at all..... I have yet to see a 2.90Mhz on air prime and game stable...LOL

there are a few out there. i have a 3400 newcastle 754 and its prime stable at 2750mhz using the stock box cooler and its in noway a suicide shot...

peace perc,

Xtreme Member
    has anyone got an 3500+ winchester 450TPAW??? this stepping are good for overclocking?

No Overlocking Today

Xtreme Member
    Sem, where in the UK is offering week 50 winchesters??

Overclockers.co.uk has week 46 3200+ with some garbology about a better controller, but Ive never seen week 50.

E2180
    MSI P35 Neo2 FR
    Geil Black Dragon 2x1GB
    EVGA 7900GTX
    Toughpower 750W
    Viewsonic VP191b

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoulous
    It's more to do with the batch it came from and therefore the batch code.
    This was discovered back in the days of the thoroughbred and barton.

Here is C&P from a good posting on the batch codes and what they can mean for getting a great OC'able chip :-

This is from this posting http://techdot.com/talk/topic350-page-1-pp-15.html

So your 0441UPMW will be better than a 0441WPMW batch chip but not as good as a chip from the 0441MPMW batch.

HTH,
    Demoulous
    That stuff is complete pants! I stated on this forum before about the meaning of that 4 digit code! The only reply I got was that people knew it already.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=40109

So basically the theory is that a mixed assembly lot (MPMW) is better than one made on a Thursday (UPMW) which is better than one made on a Saturday (WPMW) which is better than one made on a Sunday (XPMW) for every single week! lol
    As for the third digit "A" merely means that it is the first wafer lot used for the given day at the assembly plant in Penang, Malaysia "B" is second lot etc with "M" being used if fabrication lots are combined. It has no relation to wafer purity as the wafers are fabbed in Germany and the subsequent dies shipped in reels to Malaysia! No info regarding purity etc is contained on the reels!
    Funny how people still cling to these myths.
    Last edited by OC Detective; 01-12-2005 at 12:23 AM.

c[_]
    Indeed.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Is it a good idea to just order a 3500+ from NewEgg? Is it frowned on to overclock a cpu you didn't hand pick.... or unwise? This is more info than I needed. *takes some asprin*

well the myths are all started when a few ppl who get the same marking on their chip all have good clocking chips. if one thing is similar on like 3 dies then everyone goes nuts. Its quite silly.

The only time the week really matters is when there is a die revision, such as adding featuers of when they change the manufacturing process a little bit to improve effiency.

Xtreme Member
    got the cpu and it reads

cbbhd 0450tpbw

will post results as soon as its installed

Xtreme Member
    So where did you get it?

E2180
    MSI P35 Neo2 FR
    Geil Black Dragon 2x1GB
    EVGA 7900GTX
    Toughpower 750W
    Viewsonic VP191b