Thread: Making a variable Turbo.PLL

Xtreme Member

Making a variable Turbo.PLL

Hi

I wondered if anyone knows how to make a low tolerant output on a homemade Turbo.PLL. I've allready made a circuit wich I has got veryfied would work, but have'nt made it since it's voltage regulated and I think I'd calculate 30mV would make the FSB vary a whole MHz FSB. What I need is a stable variable Turbo.PLL and I think one of the later revisions of the original Turbo.PLL is so, but I only have common electronical knowledge so I have no idear why it's stable or how to stablelize a frequency.

The circuit I've made
    Clock generator close-up on my Asus P4T-E

The circuit can be a bit hard to identify, but I hope someone will take the time to correct it, give some hints on making a stable voltage output or give me a diagram over one they have made.

Regards
    Salkcin

EDIT: I'm into the mod because my Asus P4T-E (Intel 850 RAMBUS board) is limited 100-132MHz 1/3PCI pci divider, 133-156 1/5 PCI divider and 133+150MHz 1/5PCI divider. With voltage mod my RAMBUS can do 166x4 at least. So the idea is to use the 133FSB - PCI1/5 and then just turn op the frequency until it can't overclock anymore. A 2.4/533 will be used for the task
    Last edited by Salkcin; 05-13-2004 at 08:29 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I just wanted to add...

7805 is a 5v voltage generator
    74AS04 is for amplyfying the frequency input for USB and Clock
    74LS624 is the voltage controlled oscillator.
    The boxes with "14.318" and "48" are the reference input oscillators for USB and clock