Thread: Is this a dead end for me?

Is this a dead end for me?

Greetings

Well, seems I'm stuck in a dead end. My AT7 is rev 1.0, and my tbred a revA 680. The L3 trick do not work , my computer boot not always, and when it does, it sometimes reset all my bios setting and detect an xp1500+.

My MAIN problem is that I live in Reunion Island, a place far away from both Europe, Asia, and indeed, USA... So I doubt I could send my mobo to be either fixed, or exchange with a rev1.2 AT7 is that exist/possible...

So, at this point, I have a computer that when it boot, I must keep it working and not rebooting, I don't really mind keeping my computer up 24/7, but well....

This AT7 has cost me 200euro, and I don't want to throw it, neither to sell it for half the prices, but also, I want to keep my xp2200+ :lol

You see my dilemna.

If I could be sure that the upcoming ABIT Nforce2 mobo could handle the tbred revA without pbl, but also, a mobo that offer the same raid option as the AT7 max, maybe I could consider an "upgrade", but it's not very pleasant to do.

Best regard

A half despaired

Kanedazan

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, I wise man once said "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography". Since we haven't fought, me (An American) is inclined to ask "Where the Hell is Reunion Island!"

Anyway, wherever you bought your board should be able to offer you an RMA. Just tell em that the board has irregular boot up habits and your good to go.

If that is impossible, the new Epox mobos are nice, and I hold alot of hope for the new Abit nForce's, and one of them is certain to have raid. The only problem is youll have to wait a month or two to get them.

Check with the reseller, they should be able to hook you up with an RMa, and all youll have to do is pay shipping.

Abit can also RMA your board, but their customer service has had some complaints over the years. (Sorry ABIT Marketing)