Thread: just got my DFI, need help

just got my DFI, need help

lo all

Ok got my lanparty B today and all set up ready to go.
    I have a Xp2500-m AQYHA 0410TPCW and some OCZ 3200 EL Platinum series.

I have it running @ stock (well almost)
    11 * 166 = 2171mhz
    Ram is @ 6-3-3-2 1:1 with the fsb
    Bios version is 11/27/2003

Now what I would like to know is the settings in bios that you have and the bios version. I'm new to this game, hence the stock settings (apart from the ram being underclocked!!)

ALSO if i load fail safe defaults and change my memory to SPD, it still only sets it at 166, help please!!!
    Cheers, Allan

Banned

Re: just got my DFI, need help

Originally posted by mad_allan
    Now what I would like to know is the settings in bios that you have and the bios version. I'm new to this game, hence the stock settings (apart from the ram being underclocked!!)

ALSO if i load fail safe defaults and change my memory to SPD, it still only sets it at 166, help please!!!
    it probably sets it to 166 because your chip's default fsb is 166. not to worry. Also you will want to run CPU : DRAM ratio at sync 1:1. Set the FSB to 200. I would recommend you to tighten up your memory timing instead of running complete defaults. Select the memory timing to "Expert" so you can manually set the memory timings. Refer to your OCZ memory manufacturer's recommended spec or by the OCZ users.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105_0583.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	12134  

Xtreme Enthusiast

Re: just got my DFI, need help

Originally posted by mad_allan
    lo all

Ok got my lanparty B today and all set up ready to go.
    I have a Xp2500-m AQYHA 0410TPCW and some OCZ 3200 EL Platinum series.

I have it running @ stock (well almost)
    11 * 166 = 2171mhz
    Ram is @ 6-3-3-2 1:1 with the fsb
    Bios version is 11/27/2003

It's been a while since I was at school but i'm quite sure that 11*166 doesn't equal 2171Mhz.
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

Xtreme Member
    your best bet is to get a beta bios, my board likes 1/31 but others likes 12/28
    set everything manually, this board has some quirky stock settings (hard drive in chs mode? )
    930 @ 4.4 & P5WD2 (vcore + droop, mch vdd, ddr2 vdd)
    4x512 Micron D9
    7800gtx 600/1470 (vgpu + vdd)
    h20
    my heat

Xtreme Member
    I wouldn't recomend a Beta bios without installing a IOSS BIOS savoir...........

If for some reason the beta screws up and becomes corupt, DFI will not RMA it with a beta installed.