Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vapochill LS and Mach ST/GT test part1

Overclocking Guru
    Nice comparison.

I like the Overclocking comparison.

That GT looks to be a much better overclocker in this Review, and judgeing by his temps it looks better then my 404a MachI.

Also, interesting that the LS can't overclock any higher then the ST.,, Bummer.

OPP

Xtreme Member
    man i feel sorry for the people that are going to save up money and buy a gt based off this reveiw. i smell somthing fishy. i could be wrong but, i smell a rat........ in the screenie of the 3.4 clocked @260fsb how come that super pi is so low...

Xtreme Member
    i already see people who have mach2 ST's saying it has better performance compared to the vapo LS

Stick a Vapo on it

Overclocking Guru
    Originally posted by Shane5578
    i already see people who have mach2 ST's saying it has better performance compared to the vapo LS
    Is ST the same as Basic MachII as far as performance?

OPP

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by OPPAINTER
    Is ST the same as Basic MachII as far as performance?

OPP
    Yeah I recall someone posting here when they got their Mach II ST (the person lived in denmark)

He said same compressor, same evap, same everything just no LCD or USB.

`s

Xtreme Member
    yes it should be- same compressor- same refrigerant, except without the evap temp sensors, LCD and fancontroller.

Stick a Vapo on it

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Shane5578
    seriously? maybe the gt is better. i just find it hard to believe that a 3.4c running at a little over 4.g would get as warm -16c i would have beleived it if he said around -25. i just want honest and un biased reveiws.

Xtreme Member
    we'll just have to wait for some proper reviews. preferably with the vapochill software disabled.

Stick a Vapo on it

Banned
    looking forward to more reviews

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Hawk
    Comment,

You are DeCay, Right?

If you have the Fluke setup, what is the temp your motherboard is reporting on the CPU?

I also ran the Prime95 Test as above with the Small FFT's and my load's are similar to the reviewers results. I wish I had a GT to test along side mine also.
    Yes I'm DeCay, and no I haven't got the Fluke setup - sorry.
    • DFI LANParty LT X38-T2R Rev. AA1
    • Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4009MHz, 1.31V
    • TRUE @ 2x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F, 5V
    • 4 x 2GB G.Skill Pi PC2-8800
    • MSI R4870X2-T2D2G-OC
    • 3x 74GB Raptor ICH9R Raid0 @ 128KB Stripe Size
    • Plextor PX-716SA/T3KB DVD-RW
    • Auzen X-Fi Prelude @ TI OPA637AU - Thule - Dali/Ultimate Ears - Argento
    • SilverStone OP700
    • CM Stacker 830 Evo
    • Eizo FlexScan HD2441W - Audioquest DV-X
    • WinVista Ultimate 64bit SP1

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by megahurtz-oc
    i could fill you in but i hardley think anyone would take me serious in fact im pretty sure there would be some people that would try and discredit me and im not up for getting flamed today.
    You have some very nice temps, and I would really appreciate it if you'd share your info on the setup and conditions with us all. Plz

Btw: I don't think you'll get flamed.
    • MSI R4870X2-T2D2G-OC
    • SilverStone OP700
    • CM Stacker 830 Evo

Couple of questions for the Vapo LS owner:

1) As a guess, how noisy is the compressor of the LS? AFAIK, the cooling fans run at 35 dBa, but in general, how noisy is the compressor when running?

2) Is the Vapochill LS available with a "black" aluminum kit, or are they only available in silver?

Definately looking forward to part II of this review

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by xsky
    Sure? I thought the value with WinCC running would be the accurate one.
    I can't believe my Eva is currently -49c cold with a 1,45V Prescott in
    Nope, not sure (Asetek hasn't responded on which temp is the most reliable) but the WinCC on my system is very buggy, so I expected it to be imprecise on the evap temp also.

But I have to admit that your evap temp is very low and in all probability isn't that good
    • MSI R4870X2-T2D2G-OC
    • SilverStone OP700
    • CM Stacker 830 Evo

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by SimGuy
    Couple of questions for the Vapo LS owner:

1) As a guess, how noisy is the compressor of the LS? AFAIK, the cooling fans run at 35 dBa, but in general, how noisy is the compressor when running?

2) Is the Vapochill LS available with a "black" aluminum kit, or are they only available in silver?

Definately looking forward to part II of this review
    The compressor is as noisy as a heavy duty fridge at the local supermart.

It's loud, and I'm considering how to silence the unit somewhat.

The LS doesn't come with a black alu kit as yet.
    • MSI R4870X2-T2D2G-OC
    • SilverStone OP700
    • CM Stacker 830 Evo

Xtreme Member
    man i feel sorry for the people that are going to save up money and buy a gt based off this reveiw. i smell somthing fishy. i could be wrong but, i smell a rat........ in the screenie of the 3.4 clocked @260fsb how come that super pi is so low...
    simple Just used only one memory

so in part 2 i will use my Mach II @ 507 and maybe my Mach I @ 507.

As a tester for a dutch magazine we have some rulez about this kind of work. Normaly i am used to write in Dutch. But i hope i can do some more of this kind of review in the future to let you people see how things are done in The Netherlands

Lets hope my new Nikon D70 will arrive soon so i can make nice pics for U. But delivery times are a
    Last edited by petervandamned; 04-16-2004 at 11:33 PM.
    [

/dev/zero
    That's gonna be very interesting

Hmm... in Dutch-only the article would be withheld from all English speaking/reading/understanding users and that means a lot

And of course we wanna know how it's ending
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Member
    what was your ambient tmeperature in the test?
    i'm pretty sure in a room with more than ~25c the ST with R134A would beat the R507 Compressor.
    I'm running a LS here. the difference between 23c and 26c in the room will cause more than 10c on the cpu.

X.I.P.
    Originally posted by xsky
    what was your ambient tmeperature in the test?
    i'm pretty sure in a room with more than ~25c the ST with R134A would beat the R507 Compressor.
    I'm running a LS here. the difference between 23c and 26c in the room will cause more than 10c on the cpu.
    Ouch, 3 deg C diff in ambient makes that much diference.

My R404a modded Mach I hardly changes temps from summer (30+ deg C ambient, to winter 16 deg C ambient)

Xtreme Member
    forget what I said. I've some trouble with my vapo house. I pushed it a little inside the case, there was a little click (which made me more than nervous ) But it seems to have corrected something:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	11309  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I was the first or one of the first with a mach II ST

It is the same refrigerant, same compressor. One thing I noticed is that the boot up sequence was shortened so the system did not need so long to reach -40°C like the original Mach II.

The ST is optimal for people who cannot afford a GT or so, the only thing you dont really have is a LCD I dont miss anything else.

sold it a week ago, preparing for my GT on tuesday ^^
    Overclocking made in Austria

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well personally i feel sorry for the people that bought the LS right away and started to notice now that the GT wipes the floor off the LS...

When spending £550 for a phase change unit it doesnt make a difference spending an extra £90 to get the best performer cos you WANT THE BEST.

the GT was able overclock WAY higher than the LS and thats a HUGE difference for 2 units which i was hoping that would battle side by side for pos no 1...

Yes we should wait for bowmans review etc to see exactly what their performance difference is but i cant see why everyone who bought(or not) the LS started moaning about the GTs price etc.If everyone was so concerned about the prices they wouldnt have gone with the LS but with the mach 2 ST which is £200 cheaper...

Personally i dont care about the alu kit of the LS.It doesnt come in black so it wouldnt go nicely with my atcs 201 black widow...so i would have had to get a new case(£££) and cut it again...
    On the other hand the mach 2 comes in black which has the same width than my atcs and i dont think it looks bad, but thats just me so no i aint spending £80 for the black alu kit myself.

+ the LS is so noisy that i wouldnt be able to leave it 30 cm away from my ears on top of my desk as i did with my mach 2 and will do with my GT next week.Perhaps everyone with the LS has moved their pc in the room next door ?

Oh and something last, i really wanna see how accurate the temps and the LS performance really is compared to their published charts-graphs etc...cos they were the ones complaining about the nventivs temps...and if they are not accurate then what can i say...

Last edited by brwmogazos; 04-17-2004 at 06:25 AM.

Xtreme Member
    ls compressor isnt loud and yes mine is within 3 feet of me. all i have to say is im very happy with my ls. but to each his own. im sure all the units will get the job done at the end of the day.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Indeed, i just wouldnt be able to cope with a noisy unit 30cm or even 2 meters away from my ears...

weve all been there with noisy aircooled rigs...i believe everyone likes "silence" though better.

Xtreme Addict
    I also want to know why there's such a huge discrepancy between the GT and LS.. it shouldnt exist if the specifications of the LS are accurate... if u ask me, Asetek are up to their old tricks of bs... just like the waterchill...

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    ls compressor isnt loud and yes mine is within 3 feet of me. all i have to say is im very happy with my ls. but to each his own. im sure all the units will get the job done at the end of the day.
    It's funny... in accusing the original reviewer of being biased and then continuing to post your pro-LS views... you appear to be the biased one.

Not a flame... just an observation.

I'm curious to see how the R507'd Mach1 stacks up with this lot.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast