Thread: Vapochill LS and Mach ST/GT test part1

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Vapochill LS and Mach ST/GT test part1

A quick test between the leading Phase Change units (part 1)

The Vapochill light speed from Asetek
    The Mach II GT from nVENTIV:
    The Mach II ST from nVENTIV:

Both come without the upper case

Prices :

Vapochill light Speed = € 799 + Freight
    Mach II GT = € 849 + Freight
    Mach II ST = € 550 + Freight

The test is been taken with a room temperature 20 degrees, using in both units the same test rig. Asus P4C800 + PIV 3.4 0C.

The settings were identical in all tests, the same main board and CPU were used each time only the cooler was changed. I tested at 1.55V, 1.65V, 1.75V and 1.85V bios settings.

Test method : stressed 10 minutes each with Prime95 torture (Small FFTs - max FPU stress) test then screenshot taken. All units were running at 100% fan speed. Good CPU contact was verified before and after all testing.

So lets start this

At stock speed

Vapochill LS load

Mach II GT load

At 4016 MHz

Vapochill light speed load

Mach II ST load

Mach II GT load

At 4355,2 MHz

Mach II GT load

At 4433,5 MHz

Mach II GT load single memory super PI

thnkz 2 JMKE

Maximum Prime95 running speed on the Vapochill LS was 4250 MHz.
    Maximum Prime95 running speed on the Mach II GT was 4400 MHz.
    Maximum Prime95 running speed on the Mach II ST was 4250 MHz

In the tests I was able to higher over clocks using only windows.

The units have all the same looks and the same way to cool the CPU. The Mach II ST and the Vapochill LS perform almost the same, the Mach II GT is one step higher in evolution.

What about the noise? Vapochills LS is at max a very loud machine compared to the both nVENTIV units. Personally I prefer the mounting system of the Mach’s but this I will show you in the second part of this test.

For the 3 systems I have tested I can still say, this is Overclocking heaven. Personally I owned a few vapochills and mach’s from the older series, but this next generations of both manufactures is good way to look into the future.

I am sorry but my digital camera is broken and I am waiting for the new one to arrive. At that point I will make a second review with pics of the insides and the way the mounting is be done. In this second review I will use a test bank with several settings for higher watts. This test bank has his own temperature readout so I can bypass the bios readout and get a much better en accurate readout.

Happy Overclocking

PetervanDamned

Click
    Last edited by petervandamned; 04-16-2004 at 11:19 PM.
    [