Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy's Freezer

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Originally posted by berkut
    Did you epoxy that pelt ??

never epoxy a peltier
    No that's what the huge G clamp in the picture is for

I must try and look for a nice powerful pump I think that is all.

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Legend
    what thermal interface did you use ?

hi, i'm planning to do the same with my freezer, i'm using a res inside and the water heats up way too quickly.

i saw in another thread that you used black gutter sealant, where did you get it? I have a B&Q/Halfords near here that I was going to check in.

thanks.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Originally posted by Trixxy
    hi, i'm planning to do the same with my freezer, i'm using a res inside and the water heats up way too quickly.

i saw in another thread that you used black gutter sealant, where did you get it? I have a B&Q/Halfords near here that I was going to check in.

thanks.
    Hi, That's the same problem I had, the plastic holder is no good.

I went to Homesbase and got Unibond sealant for guttering.

i was worried it might contract and be brittle and leak but after 2 weeks still ok and still flexible. I used gutter sealant because it is used outside so is down to at least -5C you would imagine ( unlike bathroom silicon sealant.

Good luck, it holds the temps a lot better touching the side of the freezer.

Berkut, I used normal goop, probably need to get Ceramique later I guess.

Regards

Andy

HVAC/R Engineer
    I would take an insulated container with dimentions of 1 inch less than the interior of the chest block flow at the corner that gets cold first when I start it up (This will be the point where the liquid exit needs to be) you inlet is on the other side.The green is an insulator no need to cool the thing in the middle. The water needs to flow fron th ewarmer side to the cooler side if there is one..(Usually iy is the back corner over the compressor.. Righrt rear otherwise but yours mayu be different. The gold in th ecorner prevents the warm from touching the cold...
    Gotta Keep'em seperated........ You can use PC7 Epoxy its designed for low temp (-30F) and I have used it on aluminum evap's. WW Grainger.

Last edited by chilly1; 04-19-2004 at 12:45 AM.

Originally posted by zakelwe

I went to Homesbase and got Unibond sealant for guttering.

thanks, there's no Homebase here, but I found this in B&Q:

will give it a spin at the weekend and see what happens.
    Great thread this, found out what sealant I needed, what liquid to use and also to displace the water with a container in the middle (which I can put beer etc in).

thanks guys.
    Last edited by Trixxy; 04-21-2004 at 06:03 PM.

HVAC/R Engineer
    Exactly ancor the container in the middle and it will become an excellant beer cooler but you will need to keep an eye obn the temp there as it might freeze. actually the bottom of the freezer has no cooling coils in it only insulation, usually thicher than elsewhere so if check the running freezer to see if frost appears on the bottom like it does on the sides. I would take the container all the way to the bottom and seal it down completly and you only have the coolant circulating around the sides Remember the coldest spot on the freezer should be where the exiting coolant needs to come from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12