Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants to cure disease for team 36362?

Xtreme Member
    have we decided to swtich to F@H?

Opteron 144 || DFI NF4 Ultra-D || OCZ Value VX || GeCube x300 || TT Big Typhoon

Here to help
    Nothing has been decided, but if people want to fold for this team either temporarily or permenantly the welcome mat is open This forum does have two folding teams, see the announcement at the top of every forum:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ouncementid=34

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Well I have some instability somewhere in my dual, still havent been able to figure out exactly where yet. Just started blue screening out of nowhere if I run 2 instances of F@H. Think its memory related honestly though. Although not 100% positive.
    Either way, there are 2 instances running at At 50% each right now. Dual board, so its not much, but all I can get.

Here to help
    What work units are those ifmu?

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Work units? ah yea um, no clue honestly. I just run the command console version and let it do its thing, thats about it really.

Xtreme Member
    How did that thing where you selected WU that used SSE work?

XS D2OL & RAM News
    I put my laptop on the team, I'm going to help D2OL and this team.

jjcom

Here to help
    Welcome to the team jjcom

Regards

John.

Xtreme Member

I'll give it a try...

My system is prime stable so my data should be good.

CCBBE 0610DPMW 2800@1.33v - X1900XT 256mb - Twinmos powerchip 2-3-3-8 230ish - XFI Xtreme Gamer - OCZ Powerstream 520 Adjustable-AeroCool Spiral Galaxy

Here to help
    And welcome to the team gbomb944

Regards

John.

Here to help
    Welcome reaperman

Regards

John.

XS D2OL & RAM News
    Alright, what I'll be using:
    Laptop Athlon XP 1800 whenever on. and I might test it out on some other rig.
    @D2OL team, I will NOT be dropping D2OL. I will just be crunching/folding for both teams

jjcom

Xtreme Member
    Figuered i had a machien that i ues just for e-mail, web, trillian and TV 24/7 .

I just put a p4 3.2e sl7e5 Press"hott" in and couldn't do it. it was runing @ 63c and the fan was @ 4800rpm's. Felt like i was back in the athlon days running a Valcano 5 again lol.

Anyways put my trusty 2.4c in. that has been on for over 1 1/2 year"s". Max uptime so far has been 63 days without restart. sometimes my power flickers making it shut down. But anyways

2.4c SL6WF 53c load stock cooler
    P4P800 vdimm, vdroop
    Kingston 3200 ch5 2-2-2-6 3.2v 2x256mb
    Emermax 350
    WD 30gig
    ATI 9500 Pro flashed to 9700 Pro
    ATI TV card

this has been very stable in the past year or so.

Hope this little putter can help out. It will be on 24/7.

Peace Nugz

Here to help
    Welcome to the team Nugz

Regards

John.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm putting my 2.8 P4 lappy on the team.

Here to help
    Welcome to the team DragonOrta

Xtreme Member
    Got my system below folding...not using full resources as I've got it doing Prime95 as well.

Also have my laptop going at it. It's Mobile Athlon XP 2200+ with 768 RAM running full time on just F@H.

In fact, I think I'm already on the board.
    AMD 3500+ Winnie (CBBID 0501EPEW)
    DFI SLI-DR
    1 gig OCZ VX
    Dual 74 gig WD Raptors
    PCP&C 510 SLI
    Viewsonic VP201B
    XFX 6800 Ultra

Here to help
    Welcome to the team Onycho

Regards

John.

Xtreme Member
    I just signed up to fold on team 36362. I have a wierd picture of a blob on my screen and it says frames completed 1/250. Is this all I have to do? Is there a way you can check the team and see if I am really doing anything? lol

Here to help
    You can close that screen once you have looked at it. When it gets to 250/250 it will send the unit and your points will show up.

There should be a red cog icon in systray, if you right click on that select status, you'll see all the stats options.

Regards

John.

i just set my old rig up folding
    p4 2.6g
    512 meg ram
    9600xt

(first time i used this)
    question: is this right? it says WU end time is 156 days 6hrs (ish) are they all like this cos if they are how sum of u got 100+ completed?
    My Rig
    AMD64 3700+ San Diego
    DFI NF4 SLI-DR
    2x512 G.Skill LA
    512Mb 6800 Ultra
    2x74GB raptor (raid 0)

Here to help
    Hi Tiayth,

Welcome to the team .

There is definately something wrong with that completion time, but it is updated in real time so if you are using a very high percentage of cpu time the estimate will be based on the cpu time left for F@H at that instance.

If you post a copy of the log file here I'll take a look for you.

Regards

John.

i think its sorted now....its got 7500 frames in the wu and i think the first one was just taking a long time cos that took about 25 mins, but now its gone thru the next 85 quickly and the overall time has dropped to just over 1 day
    My Rig
    AMD64 3700+ San Diego
    DFI NF4 SLI-DR
    2x512 G.Skill LA
    512Mb 6800 Ultra
    2x74GB raptor (raid 0)

Xtreme Member
    Hey guys! Just joined today.. I just got a prommie mach 1 last week. I'm going to fold on my server box too.

How come it always stays at around 50% cpu usage? I'm using an 2.4c with HT so do I need to run two instances of it?

"Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    aww an OC virgin! lose it tonight with Xtremesystems!!!

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast