Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2936373839

Thread: -=Dfi Infinty&LanParty Rev B Faq and more=-

Xtreme Addict
    I gotta up at least one more bios for the lpb, will doit soon.
    The lpb is one heck of a powerhouse to say the least, for how old it is it still performs quite well cpc, video playback wise .
    I'm using mine as a tv deck at the moment until I can get the time to re-write the bios and install win7 emb on it.

Has a qfx4k, and slk-947u I think it was and a gig of winbond.

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry guys, I know I said I would make at least one more bios for this board before now and I haven't yet.
    Things have been very hectic lately so I haven't been able to yet.

I just got ok'ed for disability, and got all the free loading crack head thieves out of my house (finally... :\ ).
    I had worked on the src code for it a few times and it's compiling, and working on the board.
    But the bios isn't fixed yet, I haven't figured out the reason for the prob just yet.

The prob with my last bios is the raid rom don't work on the lpb board.
    It just skips over it.
    I compiled another test bios the other day but haven't gotten around to testing it yet, I gotta re-setup my usb stick to boot into dos (impossible for me to do in win7, gotta use the lpb and win2k3 to do it lol).
    But I "promise" I'll fix it up pretty soon.

One other thing I need to do is tune up the rom sip.
    I had redid the loader for it so it's dynamic, baised on the fsb.
    Much like the original code, but mine is a bit finer in detail, since unlike dfi, I know how to run it past 250mhz fsb and what it needs to do so ruffly...

Speaking of which, a long time ago, 2 years ago now I think, I had put in a special option in the bios to hand select the sip you wanted to use.
    I had options like:
    200, 225, 250...
    Auto, test 1, test2, hellfire 3eg-r2, tictac, etc etc etc.
    But in the end, what ended up happending is that I was using a scratch area of the cmos for the setting and on some boots it would totally screw up the value.
    So I commented out the code for all of that stuff, I would love to get back into it though.
    After which I made the timings in the sip somewhat generic for the lpa bios (I have them both sharing the same src file's, just diff make files), so I gotta tune it back up for both speed and stability.
    I'm living alone in my own house though now, so I can open the windows in the middle of the winter (warm winter this year though), or crank the air on for testing of stuff like this.

I'm getting a bunch of money in back pay too, already did the calc for the fee's and so on (plus I'm sueing the hospital for my mom's death).
    Now that I think about it, perhaps I should buy something to sub zero cool that mofo for some real testing.

Edit:
    I didn't think of this...
    Since dfi is out of the game these days, is it possible to sign an nda to get the src code for the bios on the lpb/lpa board's?
    I may need to sign one for nvidia and amd as well, which doesn't matter to me I'de doit (and honer the agreement).
    It would be very helpful so I can figure out some area of the cmos I could use for extra goodies int eh bios, I can add a HECK OF ALOT more timing options and such if I had that ability.
    Or even just the ability to program the cmos chip it's self, it's 64k, way more then what's needed for cmos reloaded and the bios'es current working set, just that info alone, smbus info (I don't know how to smbus program yet at all), I would beable to do all I needed.
    If someone can get ahold of me about this that would be awesome, totally serious.

Edit:
    I have no idea what the date is, stupid windows and utc crap, gotta set the date form the bios..
    Anyways last night I flashed over the 728 bios and the raid rom was working so it's not my board's caps or anything.
    I did try to get it working by using a raid rom that I knew worked but that didn't work out either.
    I'm not sure what the prob is is yet, still working on it, personal life is to much right now but I'll get that bios working again...
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 01-15-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Hey neo, you might remember me from DFI/ DIY street. I am about to revive my LPB with 2G corsair and a Radeon 4570. Have you managed to get 1080p playback working using your setup? Oh and I'll flash to your latest bios of course. I gave away my LP-A sadly but I have a DFI NF3 SKT 754 around also that I'd like to rebuild. I love these old boards
    Last edited by nzbleach; 09-15-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    i7 920 | Asus Rampage II gene | 6GB ocz Blade | 4870x2

Xtreme Addict
    I did make a nf3 bios at one time..

I don't have a good lpb bios right now.
    I just got a usb stick back and my internet back working lol.
    I'm gonna try to fix the lpb bios bugs I have on my end (src code probs, I went to far with it and screwed up the raid rom loading somehow).
    I'll try to doit as soon as I can, but I can't promise it will be very soon.

1080p playback, just barely, I got it to play a little bit, but with subtitles it was a nogo.
    720p was perfectly fine though (most rips within reasonable size are 720p, unless you want the best anime rips...).

My lpa board is still going, with the latest decent bios I made for that.
    But unfortunately some of the cpu caps are bulging on it now.
    It still has all it's stock caps on it, I bought it used too.
    I have to re-cap it.

The lpb seems to be doing alright'ish.
    All the caps I used on it were old used caps from other boards though.
    That's probably what held me back on that board in fsb, the original board I had, I bought new I got to 283mhz fsb s&m/prime95/superpi 32m stable.
    I so regret getting mad back in the day over the dfi nf4 pos, that day I smashed all my computer parts including the wr lpb board I had .

I'm thinking about sticking my lpb in the freezer so I can pop off that giant heatsink I put on the nb.
    I won't beable to re-cap it or do any hard mods with that gigantic thing on there in the way lol.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 09-27-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Neo do you have a good bios for this board?
    i7 920 | Asus Rampage II gene | 6GB ocz Blade | 4870x2

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2936373839