View Poll Results: What are your thoughs on the Vapo LS?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel sick!Was waiting for something new...not a mach 2 clone.Not going to buy one

93 40.97%
  • Would buy it for sure.I dont care if it looks the same as the Mach 2

134 59.03%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vapochill LS...Mach 2 clone

Xtreme Member
    The plain fact is if its better than the mach2 and cheaper 99.9% of you that are disgruntled will buy one. Nventiv is robbing people with those prices thay charge. There is not a 400$ differance between a mach1 and 2 and that alone pisses me off.

Mach2 999.00
    Lian li kit 160.00
    r404 upgrade 200.00

New VapoLS 600.00(example) same as all above. Well you do the Math. Price alone will change your mind.

If its cheaper and better I sure will buy one.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by Peen
    Damn, this thread got to big way to fast. I missed parts probly , like is it official that it uses R404? Isnt it a Mach II with R404A? Whats the cost? Looks like it will be this much...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    About £450...compared to arround £550 to the Mach 2

Xtreme Addict
    the thing is MachII design is almost optimal if not then pretty close. So actually they did the right thing by "copying" there design. I can't think of any better guts placement... sideways, on top? nah.
    But they prolly did better job with evap, housing, hose flexibilty and whats most important r404a compressor which can easily be upgraded to r507 or a r404a/r507 mixture and its compressor will still run cool without extra fans.
    But as i said before we have to wait for someone to test this baby before we put our final stamp of approval. Maybe OPP could get one of these for a review.

Xtreme Mentor
    PERSONNALY! I dont care about the compagnie wars, i just whant something that performs better then the other and have a more affordable price.

I will not buy a Phase Change coze my setup should work better then a Phase Change. But, IMO.

Well... I dont think they are really copying nventiv...firtst of all they used the outer aluminium body based on the fact that most people prefer that type of housing nowadays, and about the cooling design, well its the most basic method which cant really be bettered so why change it !?

I only care about performance and price....these cooling systems are way too high priced to be reasonable...maybe now that the competition is fairer we will se lower prices.

Hopefully..
    Last edited by Reactivator11; 03-09-2004 at 12:38 PM.
    24/7 Setup

Barton 2500 @ 2430mhz
    NF7-S Full vmods @ 220FSB
    XMS3500 2-2-2-11
    Sapphire 9800pro @ 420GPU/750Mem
    SLK-900-U with 80mm Tornado @ 3200rpm
    Antec True Control 550

|Vcore:1.9v|Vdd:1.98v|Vmem:3.1v|Vgpu:1.8v|Vmem:3.0 v|

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7423123 20.5k

Xtreme Addict
    Why do people guess it will be $600?.... explain. Judging by "About £450...compared to arround £550 to the Mach 2"... now I just know how much the mach2 is in the states, makes it look like it will be more than $600.

We definitely need more competitors. A/c units are $100 and mini-fridges... evrything... cheap. MachII price is ludicrous. Though different I know, I could get a sweet ass fridge for 1k. Nevemind the example, Im just talking the principal of the price and the science, not that the fridge is better suited or a better deal for this.
    Last edited by texuspete00; 03-09-2004 at 12:34 PM.

Banned
    I only care about performance and price....these cooling systems are way too high priced to be reasonable...maybe now that the competition is fairer we will se lower prices.
    LOL your so far in left field with that comment

Look at the top of the line AMD/INTEL CPU's ATM and think in your head what they would cost if you where to buy one at the clocks you could on one for these cooling units.. Now take a low end Cpu from AMD/INTEL and overclock it for free to these levels and your not spending money, but in return gaining insentive..

You are guaranteed. 6months ahead of the Cpu market with these cooling solutions and soon if they get good enough 1year..

SO for $700-$800 of the price At the time for the top of the line CPU you can have a cheap CPU that runs 20-40% faster than the expensive top of the line chip and this cooling is something you don't have to change in 6 months when a better faster Cpu comes out..
    Last edited by paul007; 03-09-2004 at 12:37 PM.

Yes sure but I sure that you havnt read the comments by other more experienced users, Quad Damage mentioned that once after running a cpu (Tbred 1700+) for a few months in his prommy, due to condensation there was so much corrosion that some pins fell off !!

What the hell do you call that...cutomer friendly...even though supposedly professionally made...reatail coolers are very ghetto... most cutoms blocks and housings made by users here are much better @ preventing condensation.

Ask yourself this...do you want to buy a 250 dollar cpu (Eg. 3400 A64) so that in a few months use its no longer useful !

Of course they are way high priced
    24/7 Setup

Barton 2500 @ 2430mhz
    NF7-S Full vmods @ 220FSB
    XMS3500 2-2-2-11
    Sapphire 9800pro @ 420GPU/750Mem
    SLK-900-U with 80mm Tornado @ 3200rpm
    Antec True Control 550

|Vcore:1.9v|Vdd:1.98v|Vmem:3.1v|Vgpu:1.8v|Vmem:3.0 v|

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7423123 20.5k

I think that is a bit entusiastic calculated, now you are comparing a max clocked prom cooled cpu against a stock cpu. If you are unlucky you just gaines 100mhz (thinking on amd) and that against a good air cooled cpu. And btw in on year it could be more advances then just the mhz (COULD!).
    X3520
    R2E
    Corsair DDR3 1600mhz
    X25-e
    2xCorsair S128
    GTX 295

Xtreme Addict
    cloning of products is something we see on a daily basis ... is a television a television , a dvd player a dvd player ... the tactics employed to sell more products than your competition are totally debatable ... as far as more competition = lower prices i agree ... dont suppose theres any marketing product directors from any of the major japanese "white goods" manufacturers on these forums would like assistance from our gurus to design a excellent off the shelf unit ,then we would see a massive price drop in unit costs

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Gary Lloyd
    BTW, does anyone think the wording of the poll is just a tad biased?
    Yeah that and, the fact that it's one extreme or the other. I think the poll responses should of been thought about a little more.

Xtreme Addict
    Reactivator11,

yeah but if i used dialectric grease my cpu would be still in one piece. I wasn't carefull tthat's all. i mentioned that since someone here in this very thread said something about how bad that white stuff is... see if you use non conductive paster on the socket/pins theres no way this would ever happen.

and paul's right. With one of these units you're way ahead of the market. see you can get one of those cheap ass 2500+ mobile chips which are less than $100 and clock it to 2700-2800mhz with ease, now thats what i call bang for the back. so basically you're paying less for cooling than FX-51/P4EE alone without a mobo/memory even. Trust me within a few years 75%+ of o/cers at least will be on Phase Change.

XS - Extra Strong
    Originally posted by TheDude
    You have to admit it's pretty funny that the new Vapo looks exactly like a MachII with some extra holes drilled in the side panel. Before they looked nothing alike at all.
    It looks to me like they just copied the MachII and regassed it with 404? Not sure about which gas they used?
    Competition is good, but lets have some NEW products and NEW ideas.
    Before I am accused of being biased.....I would feel the same way if nVENTIV rolled out a "New" product that looked just like a Vapochill. Who wouldn't?
    Anybody who calls you biased in this case is off their rocker. What you just said, about a regassed prommie is the first that that came to me.

I guess this is competition though, in some ways its nice though, because both products are so close in design the competition will be tigher. I'd say that while this seems pretty amoral of astek, the descion before was that morals weren't an issue...

light speed... what a good name.. they could have also named it Richard Simmons, for a similar effect. They should seriously consider renaming it to something decent like Deepfreeze1 or just plain deepfreeze.
    Last edited by lalPOOO; 03-09-2004 at 01:31 PM.
    -Phenom2 x6 1055 @stock
    -8gb ddr3
    -Gigabyte UD3
    -Geforce 7900Gt 755/1863 1.562v vgpu
    -OCZ Powersupply 600w

Xtreme Enthusiast
    few days back reading the big thread between the Nventiv and asetek wars about courts and all that staff made me a bit concerned about what i have bought (mach 2)as well as what asetek plans are etc...

I just felt really annoyed by the fact asetek came up with a unit that looks identicall to my mach 2.
    I dont know if that was all they could come up with but it looks identicall to me.

So what was all that noise asetek made about nventiv taking them to small courts etc etc...That seemed to be a bit wrong.

+ all their advertisment campaigns including the best watercooling block in the planet the LRWW copied by cathar made me sick...

I have owned a Vapo PE in the past as well as the waterchill which i still got.Had to deal with asetek support twice and it was excellent.I have nothing against asetek and i will still continue buying their staff if they suit my needs.

It just felt totally wrong though in my eyes for them to come up with such a product a few days after the whole story about the wars between them and nVentiv.

If their unit though is a great performer and is a lot cheaper than the competition then we have a clear winner i suppose as soon as this unit is launched and nVentiv doesnt come up with an improved unit.
    Last edited by brwmogazos; 03-09-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Xtreme Team D²OL
    All I can say is it's about time they produce something to compete directly with the Mach II.

Even better if it if it was cheaper.

I don't care if it's a clone, if it performs as good then yeah, I'll buy it if it's cheaper....
    Cheers,
    Minh

Mine:3770k @ 4.6Ghz @1.25v, Corsair H80, Asus SabreTooth Z77, 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600C8, XFX 7870DD, Corsair HX850w, Sandisk 240GB Extreme SSD, Corsair Graphite 600T

Kids: 2500k @ 4.6Ghz @1.368v, TRUE120, 2 x 4Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600C9, Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3, Gigabyte HD6870, Sandisk 240GB Extreme SSD, 850w Thermaltake 850w PSU, Antec P182 Case

Kids2: i3 3225, 2 x 4Gb Kingston HyperX 1600C9, ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, Sapphire HD4870 1GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD

Server: Core2Quad 9450, 2 x 2Gb Kingston HyperX 1066, 2 x 2Gb Corsair XMS1066, Gigabyte EP45-DS5, Corsair HX650w, OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD, WD 1TB Black, 2TB Seagate 5900rpm, 2TB Seagate 7200rpm

Xtreme Member
    I wanna know when Asetek will offically announce it!

And of course it's time that Asetek comes with a new, competitive product.

Support Metal!

Banned
    As long as its good, I don't really care what it looks like.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    a car is a car, 4 wheels, steering wheel... all neccessary for the purpose. What did you all want? A VAPO XXXE with 30 lB compressor on the top of a jumbo sized Asetek case?? LOL...
    it is what it is, and it looks like they improved on Nventiv's basic design...
    Let the competitive wars begin!!! For what the cooler is, it should be 1/2 the price...

c

Xtreme Addict
    I am sure Nventiv will hit back with a vegeance.. ummm autocascade Mach III

Xtreme Addict
    For what the cooler is, it should be 1/2 the price...
    Totally agree with Charlie on that point. If you bought the compressor, evap, drier, condensor & fans, etc, it would be a hell of a lot less money than currently being charged. I'm glad there is going to be competition on many fronts, not only Nventiv and Asetek, but probably OCZ and other companies getting involved also. The more the merrier because product competition produces cheaper prices for the consumers along with better product design.

Xtreme Addict
    I am sure Nventiv will hit back with a vegeance.. ummm autocascade Mach III
    Sure they will, for about 5 grand! Lol good one though mate. That made me crack up here

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by charlie
    a car is a car, 4 wheels, steering wheel... all neccessary for the purpose. What did you all want? A VAPO XXXE with 30 lB compressor on the top of a jumbo sized Asetek case?? LOL...
    it is what it is, and it looks like they improved on Nventiv's basic design...
    Let the competitive wars begin!!! For what the cooler is, it should be 1/2 the price...

c
    Ah yes... the voice of reason...

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by WxChaser
    Sure they will, for about 5 grand! Lol good one though mate. That made me crack up here
    just wishful thinking hehe..

though I am still dissappointed there still isnt a out of the box phase change GPU cooler from either Asetek and Nventiv...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think it looks smart but the name is absolute rubbish.

I once heard a very clever comment that went:

"Why try to re-invent the wheel, why not just improve it?"

Banned
    Well guys I dont really think this unit is going to be cheap at all. Keep in mind the current VapoChill XE prices -- Asetek is not known for big price drops. With the release of the Vapochill XE asetek was still selling the PE's for 550 euros on their webshop! My guess is that this unit is going to sell for at least $1000!

Well I do not really care if they copied nventiv or not. Of course this is a very low thing to do and asetek does not strike me as a copmany with a big imagination. I doubt that the vapochill line was their own idea i remember hearing that the vapochill srtarted out as a unit that danfoss designed for asetek! Will need more proof on that of course but its something to keep in mind..

If this unit will give better performance than a r134 mach1/2 then im going to buy it. Also I like the evap and the mounting system...intresting

now just a question when are these going to be released publically and for how much. i emaileda couple of resellers but no responses yet.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast