View Poll Results: What are your thoughs on the Vapo LS?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel sick!Was waiting for something new...not a mach 2 clone.Not going to buy one

93 40.97%
  • Would buy it for sure.I dont care if it looks the same as the Mach 2

134 59.03%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vapochill LS...Mach 2 clone

Xtreme Enthusiast
    pics are back on again

Xtreme Addict
    -30 with 200w+ is good.. mach II (404) with 200w+ will hold?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by QuadDamage
    i don't care if it looks like Prommie as long as it's as good or even better. I played with my friend's Vapo XE two days ago and must admit it was a pleasure to install it. The hose can be bent in every direction unlike Prommie, no need for crappy seal string that you can take a few caps/resistors out with it and no condensation issues like water leaking from evaps housing and such.
    I hope this Vapo uses some bigger compressor charged with r404a though. If it is then it might be better than nVidia err, i mean nVentiv
    yeah the hose can be bent...you sh*t your pants off though till you get it to the desired shape cos its so hard to bend+u cant be sure for ever you have the evap head 100% horizontal with the cpu heatspreader...

No crappy seal string?

What about ALL THAT INSULATION PASTE that MESSES all over the cpu AND the motherboard AND is a pain to remove with alcohol and a toothbrush and STILL cant take it all off?

No condensation?There is condensation sometimes thus getting some green staff on top of you cpu socket coming from the cpu pins.

The new head looks a lot better i dont know in detail though the installation proceidure of it.

Thats only my personal experience back in the days ihad my Vapo PE though...and no i aint flaming you mate ...u just have another point of view on my old Vapo

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by TheDude
    anyone notice how all of a sudden the poll went from 8-2 to 10-8? LOL....a little bit fishy?
    BTW QuadDamage.....the MachII has a new more flexible hose than the MachI did.
    yeah but still there's a lot to desire in quality department. seal string is a joke, screws break easily if you keep swapping mobo's/cpu's especially when there cold, metal screws+plastic threads hmm, evap temps reading etc.
    I prefer Mach units of course because i prefer performance but it's not really that hard to improve fittings etc quality.

So it's r404a/r507? sounds nice, me likes!

Xtreme Addict
    wow... care to steal more ideas "ASSTEK"? I like how you guys play a "fair game" lol...

I don't know but does anyone else seem to think the actions of asetek seem to be that of a dying business?

Xtreme Addict
    I hate the hose on my Mach II, it really sucks.. i dont have the guts to bend it.

Xtreme Addict
    If u have already regased ur Mach II, then I guess there's not much point upgrading to the new Vapo.. but certainly nicely for first time phase change users..

DIY cascades are still king of the hill...

Xtreme Member

Re: New Vapochill LS...Mach 2 clone

Originally posted by brwmogazos
    Now tell me...do you feel sick once again asetek has copied the mach 2 concept like the did with the LRWW waterblock?
    Copied what Mach II concept?
    Satan: Opteron 165 - TT Big Typhoon - DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR - OCZ EB PC3500 2x512MB - Asus Radeon X800 XT - Raptor 74GB x2 RAID0
    Slepbar (Lenovo 0761): Pentium M 735 (Celeron M 380 @ 2,13GHz) - DDR2 2x512MB - GMA 900
    3DMark2001: 40392 - Super PI: 23s

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by brwmogazos
    yeah the hose can be bent...you sh*t your pants off though till you get it to the desired shape cos its so hard to bend+u cant be sure for ever you have the evap head 100% horizontal with the cpu heatspreader...

No crappy seal string?

What about ALL THAT INSULATION PASTE that MESSES all over the cpu AND the motherboard AND is a pain to remove with alcohol and a toothbrush and STILL cant take it all off?

No condensation?There is condensation sometimes thus getting some green staff on top of you cpu socket coming from the cpu pins.

The new head looks a lot better i dont know in detail though the installation proceidure of it.

Thats only my personal experience back in the days ihad my Vapo PE though...and no i aint flaming you mate ...u just have another point of view on my old Vapo
    no offense taken. Let's just say you lack experience Try XE first and we'll talk again i promise.

you don't have to use it if you don't want to. On the other hand when i had my mighty 1700+ prommie cooled running for three months when i rip the system apart for maintenance i discovered my cpu lost a few pins do to corrosion and such. So next time i will definately use that "crappy" Vapo style dialectric grease.

Xtreme Addict
    occurance of corrosion with Vapo is much higher than Prom in general, but prom isnt totally fool proof.. U can still get condensation if u dont take extra precautions and double up on seal string..

Personally I will probably never buy a vapo or prommy again, now that I've discovered the wonderful world of DIY phase change..

Xtreme Relic
    You have to admit it's pretty funny that the new Vapo looks exactly like a MachII with some extra holes drilled in the side panel. Before they looked nothing alike at all.
    It looks to me like they just copied the MachII and regassed it with 404? Not sure about which gas they used?
    Competition is good, but lets have some NEW products and NEW ideas.
    Before I am accused of being biased.....I would feel the same way if nVENTIV rolled out a "New" product that looked just like a Vapochill. Who wouldn't?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by QuadDamage
    no offense taken. Let's just say you lack experience Try XE first and we'll talk again i promise.

you don't have to use it if you don't want to. On the other hand when i had my mighty 1700+ prommie cooled running for three months when i rip the system apart for maintenance i discovered my cpu lost a few pins do to corrosion and such. So next time i will definately use that "crappy" Vapo style dialectric grease.
    Heh..didnt say i used the XE only owned a PE and i would like to see in detail the new head

Personally i lost a mobo due to my mach 2 condensation...never lost a component all that time i had the PE...double seal etc were always used...this time i got neoprene and pcb laquer used to prevent any more dead boards :p

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by TheDude
    You have to admit it's pretty funny that the new Vapo looks exactly like a MachII with some extra holes drilled in the side panel. Before they looked nothing alike at all.
    It looks to me like they just copied the MachII and regassed it with 404? Not sure about which gas they used?
    Competition is good, but lets have some NEW products and NEW ideas.
    Before I am accused of being biased.....I would feel the same way if nVENTIV rolled out a "New" product that looked just like a Vapochill. Who wouldn't?

It's a r404a compressor so most likely they use R404a. The case looks good but it could have been more unlike the prommy .

Ps. Wouldn't it be quite unnecessary to use a r404 comp and charge it with r134a ?

X.I.P.
    You either put the unit above or below. If you use a heavier compressor, you put it below, so the whole thing won't be top heavy. If you put it below, there isn't much choice on where the hose comes up to go to the CPU. Does that make it a clone? I don't think so.

Better performance at a lower price.

Good job, Asetek.
    Last edited by Gary Lloyd; 03-09-2004 at 07:36 AM.

Author - Refrigeration Trouble Shooting Books

Want to learn more? Click Here

Xtreme Addict
    the issue wasnt really the placement of the compressor, but rather the finish makes it look exactly like a prom. Someone might claim the design is 'generic', but obviously Asetek doesnt think so and as we've heard there's rumour of Asetek going to court...

in my mind they could have come up with a lot more creative design to differentiate themselves from Nventiv...

btw Gary, what sort of performance gains are we looking? any guestimates?
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 03-09-2004 at 07:43 AM.

Xtreme Member
    ...or should LianLi take nVENTIV and asetek court for using their design. I saw costom LianLi-modded Prommys long before nVENTIV/ChipCon came with the kit.
    Satan: Opteron 165 - TT Big Typhoon - DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR - OCZ EB PC3500 2x512MB - Asus Radeon X800 XT - Raptor 74GB x2 RAID0
    Slepbar (Lenovo 0761): Pentium M 735 (Celeron M 380 @ 2,13GHz) - DDR2 2x512MB - GMA 900
    3DMark2001: 40392 - Super PI: 23s

Xtreme Addict
    well u r a ****, the nventiv lian li kit is made in Taiwan by Lian li.. and none of the Vapo Li were ever commercial...

Do I need to remind you of the rules against flaming?TheDude

BTW I agree with your post #10
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 03-09-2004 at 07:57 AM.

Xtreme Relic
    Ps. Wouldn't it be quite unnecessary to use a r404 comp and charge it with r134a ?
    Yes it would, but they could have used 507 or any number of others. Kind of a condencending remark don't you think?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

X.I.P.
    btw Gary, what sort of performance gains are we looking? any guestimates?
    I would expect performance similar to an R404A modded prommie. But unlike the prommie, and in light of recent events, I tend to believe their advertised temps. They certainly aren't going to go in for false advertising after all the complaining they did about nVENTIV.

Xtreme Addict
    well Asetek hasnt exactly sorted out their waterchill fiasco yet... so dont put ur faith in their LCD temps either ..

but then it's the same deal with motherboard manufacturer as well, the bios reported temps are open to as much manipulation as anything..

Just go by the overclocks, screw the temps!
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 03-09-2004 at 07:58 AM.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    The Vapo stuff has always felt more "factory" and the Prom more "homebuilt". Before that was OK becasue the Prom was colder, but now if the LE is colder/cheaper/more advanced/cleaner and neater.... it's a win! BTW, though 4300 for a Prescott isn't very impressive, though.

C

X.I.P.
    I have never even seen a vapo or a prommie, but I know that -48C is very doable with R404A, and -51C with R134a is not doable. nVENTIV says that it represents their evaporating temp, but that isn't doable, either. That's beyond the usual marketing stretch. It's a blatantly false and ridiculous claim.

BTW, does anyone think the wording of the poll is just a tad biased?

Xtreme Addict
    well i like the fact that they used r404a compressor. It can be safely recharged with r507 and still run cool. I have to r404a modded prommie's but these compressors do run really hot. I have 120mm Delta screamers installed but i wonder if these units could run 24/7? Delta's help big time but the noise is unbearable for long run hehe.

I'm happy and hopng nVentiv strikes back with some killer r404a/r507 unit. Competition is good folks it's just like Intel vs AMD/nVidia vs ATI

Xtreme Member
    If they use an old compressor then it will be noisy - it will be like running your Mach II fans on turbo, all the time. No thanks. 4300mhz isnt all that impressive is it, hell, I can get that now with my stock Mach II.

Xtreme Member
    Looks great to me. So what that the case looks exactly like the Mach II with the oh so expensive [ and what i have heard pain in the ass install } lian-li kit.

If its reasonable priced and you can forget a prommy + lian-li kit install + r404a hassle ... then i would just take that LS and slap that used Vapo PE i just bought a while back to my radeon or just sell it.

So what if they check out what people are looking for and then deliver ? Personally i dont give a crap if they stole the ideas if the product is what people want and had to before mod current products to get there.

We just got the needed competition to the HIGH end... thats allways good.

PTK
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6000 @ 3.6Ghz
    Asus P5W DH
    4x1GB PC6400 Rhino 4-4-3-9 1:1
    2x74.3GB Raptors + 300GB Maxtor 16MB
    Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast