View Poll Results: What are your thoughs on the Vapo LS?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel sick!Was waiting for something new...not a mach 2 clone.Not going to buy one

93 40.97%
  • Would buy it for sure.I dont care if it looks the same as the Mach 2

134 59.03%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: New Vapochill LS...Mach 2 clone

Banned
    they wont do it...too expensive to make and besides people wont want to pay good money for them. a gpu unit would be the same price as a mk2 i bet

HVAC/R Engineer
    A dual head can be made by increasing the compressor size and installing another evaporator and cap tube.

Freezer Racer
    Originally posted by chilly1
    A dual head can be made by increasing the compressor size and installing another evaporator and cap tube.

Its not all that simple.
    If i was an animal Id be a freezer.

HVAC/R Engineer
    It is if you use a epr on the gpu block.

Xtreme Legend
    just FYI, if you compare european versions, the Mach I/II both use NL11F compressors. In the US the displacement is only 9 because of the 50/60 Hz power difference with the same performance. You cant use the same compressor displacement in the europe and US

HVAC/R Engineer
    In europe if you are running 50 cycle power the electric motors will run at 3000RPM and the same motor in the us will run at 3600 RPM so for the motors to have the same displacment per unit time the slower motor will need a larger displacment. For a 9cc us displacment running on european current it would need to be 10.8 cc. I have a couple 50 cycle compressors that I am going to test on 60 cycle current to test this out, and according to the specs on the compressors the displacment is larger on the 50 cyc compressor.

Freezer Racer
    Originally posted by chilly1
    It is if you use a epr on the gpu block.
    Thats gunna be a big block. Are you gunna put it right on the block?
    If i was an animal Id be a freezer.

just FYI, if you compare european versions, the Mach I/II both use NL11F compressors
    wait ru saying if u buy a euro model to use in the us it would be more powerful??

Xtreme Legend
    Originally posted by goodhead
    wait ru saying if u buy a euro model to use in the us it would be more powerful??

no because the european one is 230V/50 Hz. Cant use that in the US' 115V/60 Hz system

the performance is identical of the euro and US systems. The US has a smaller displacement but runs 60 Hz instead of 50 and the end result is the same. This needs to be kept in mind when comparing compressors between units, you cant compare a US to an EU because you dont get the same performance for a given displacement

HVAC/R Engineer
    I have a couple of compressors from South america.. 115V 50 hz so these have a larger displacment but I will have to monitor the current til I figure the load. Most of these systems never run the compressors at full load even while starting, which means that the motor has more torque than nessassary for the displacment/gas density, therefore a larger displacment will give us a larger volume of gas flow and a more normal compression ratio under the given conditions.

We have 240V 60hz here in the states in every home both voltages are present.

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by JCviggen
    just FYI, if you compare european versions, the Mach I/II both use NL11F compressors. In the US the displacement is only 9 because of the 50/60 Hz power difference with the same performance. You cant use the same compressor displacement in the europe and US
    So the MachII GT is using the same compressor too? As you are in the best position to say, what changes have been made to the GT? Obviously it has different gas and changed cap tube length, but any improvements to the evaporator or other refrigeration components? and is the gas 404a?
    A64 3700+ @ 3105/258 1.85v VapoLS
    K8NNXP 12c bios K8Npro
    2 x 256 Twinx 3200LL 2-2-2-6 3.4v
    Albatron 6800GT VapoPE cooled

here a question if the vapo is rated at 240w max and the gt is rated aat 200w max what happens if u go over the max watt load??? does the compresser stop casue it cant support it? or will temps just rise alot higher??

HVAC/R Engineer
    here a question if the vapo is rated at 240w max and the gt is rated aat 200w max what happens if u go over the max watt load??? does the compresser stop casue it cant support it? or will temps just rise alot higher??
    NO the rating points are at specific temperatures and the temperature simply rises til it balances the load. That is called capacity .If a system has 240W at -40 and another has a 200W at -50 they may both balance out at the same higher temperature with a 300W load, however if the -50 @ 200 is running a suction superheat of 8 at -50 and the 240W is running a suctionsuperheat of 12 at -40 the -50 system will probably have more capacity . with the higher load... But there are a lot of variables that go into a systems ability to handle loads, heat sink surface, surface contact and thickness, the refrigerants enthalpy and flow rate, suction line inside diameter, ect....

ahhhh so in w/ these 2 new systems (ls and gt) if the gt is colder @ 200w load than the ls then it might be colder also @240w load, guess what im asking is that it might work even under more than the 200w load capacity listed

HVAC/R Engineer
    That still depends upon the system design it could go either way. It depends upon the entire system design. The problem with capillary tube systems is that they have a load curve and if you have designed your system to max out the temperatures you may be starving the evaporator so when you get a load greater than the designed temperature/watts then the temperature will increase at a greater rate than if you had optimized both capacity and temperature. This is why you must load test with gradually increasing loads so that you can get a feel for the responce curve of the system as a whole.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819