View Poll Results: What are your thoughs on the Vapo LS?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel sick!Was waiting for something new...not a mach 2 clone.Not going to buy one

93 40.97%
  • Would buy it for sure.I dont care if it looks the same as the Mach 2

134 59.03%
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vapochill LS...Mach 2 clone

Hybrid View

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thumbs down New Vapochill LS...Mach 2 clone

now what on earth is that?

took the pics from another forum a mate of mine posted just in case you havent seen it...well i havent...

Now tell me...do you feel sick once again asetek has copied the mach 2 concept like the did with the LRWW waterblock?

Last edited by brwmogazos; 03-09-2004 at 06:56 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Actually i dont care who makes it as long as it performs good, But the fact that the design is taken from the Mach 2 makes me wanna puke, but hey! i just want whats best!

//DAJO
    Rig:
    1700+@ 200*10 | DFI Lanparty | 2*512Mb Corsair XMS BH5 | 9800XT |

"Xbox Crystal modded"
    ----------------------------------------------
    2K1 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7522262
    ------------------------------------------------
    http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/%7Ehulme/lebowski.html

Xtreme Member
    I hope for some cheaper coolers, now that there can be some price-competition on two "alomost the same" coolers
    |-|DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D passively cooled chipset|-|
    |-|Winchester 3500+ cooled DD TDX A64 and passive car radiator|-|
    |-|2*512 Corsair PC3500 (BH-5)|-|
    |-|HIS X800XL cooled by zalman VF700-cu @ 5v|-|
    |-|Powered by Tagan 480w PSU|-|

If you are a Dane --> tjek min hp for flere billeder (http://www.try-this.dk)

Xtreme Addict
    are u sure this is not a joke? blatant rip off otherwise... those asetek guys are sure getting desperate...

having said that, there's probably no point upgrading to it anyway...

Xtreme Member
    Nice they've taken the step to 115/230v .

This may be the datasheet to the compressor: http://www.danfoss.com/compressors/p...2_Cf53b202.pdf

Wonder if they charged it with R404a or with R134a. Probably R404a.
    Last edited by Pandrone; 03-09-2004 at 05:52 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I want to see how it performs, and how much its gonna cost.
    To be honest im not surprised that it looks like that, cos everyone has said that the only way forward for Asetek is to use a larger compressor, and the only possible place to feasible place to put it is under the computer itself.
    To my mind Asetek is just doing what everyone said they would be doing what everyone said they would have to do, they still have a different chillcontrol, a different evaporator.
    The lian-li case is just cos they can then steal the exclusivity that the prommy has with lian-li cases.
    Considering the ruckus Asetek has made over temps recently, they had better stick to the "best temps on the market claim" IMO.
    Interesting product, even if the casing does look very similar, I want to see how it actually performs (and the cost)

G

Xtreme Addict
    Both Asetek and Nventiv are monitoring these forums and most likely using Xtreme as a source of R&D. When you see the rounded evap head, the 360 degree mounting system, etc, you can see ideas that were first formulated here by our members.

Other changes by both manufacturer's will be coming down the pike for certain.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the casing+concept is identicall.

What makes me sick is all that noise they started about taking nventiv to the court about copyrighting and stuff like that.

THAT IS WHAT MAKES ME SICK COS THEY ARE DOING IT THEMSELVES

Xtreme Addict
    hahah to Asetek employees reading XS

you are a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:s, get some creativity and stop copying others..

taking Nventiv to court over their own design? good luck... I suggest a mass boycott..

Xtreme Relic
    LOL....looks exactly like a MachII. I see they have Bowman and Bakers swivel block. It even says MachII compatible!
    Where did he get this? Is it a joke? I mean would even asetek do something this blatant? It sure looks real enough. There's nothing on their site about it. I would think they should be able to sell it dirt cheap as they don't seem to have invested much in R&D! Do they really think they can build a better MachII than nVENTIV?
    Well.....if you can't beat them.....copy them I guess.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    if its a joke its a real good one :p

I doubt it is though.Mate of mine posted these pics in another computer forum

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Ragnarok
    hahah to Asetek employees reading XS

you are a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:s, get some creativity and stop copying others..

taking Nventiv to court over their own design? good luck... I suggest a mass boycott..
    Sounds to me that you don't want any competition between the companies.. That would hopefully make the units a bit cheaper.

Xtreme Addict
    Plagiarism in my dictionary isnt exactly a part of ethical corporate behaviour, I am more than happy to see competition.. but not this sort of crap...

Sounds to me u r employed by Asetek

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Íôñïðç RootX
    Been told its gonna cost arround £450 and also that its official their new product...

Xtreme Addict
    I see they have Bowman and Bakers swivel block
    Dale, pretty much exactly copied as I mentioned earlier.
    I'll still take bowman's & baker's work over a competitor's any day.
    Last edited by WxChaser; 03-09-2004 at 07:05 AM.

Xtreme Member

Talking

Nice system, hope it's real... and I think Asetek know what they are doing.

BTW: VapoChill's CPU-kit has been 360° rotatable since their first S370 kit.
    Satan: Opteron 165 - TT Big Typhoon - DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR - OCZ EB PC3500 2x512MB - Asus Radeon X800 XT - Raptor 74GB x2 RAID0
    Slepbar (Lenovo 0761): Pentium M 735 (Celeron M 380 @ 2,13GHz) - DDR2 2x512MB - GMA 900
    3DMark2001: 40392 - Super PI: 23s

Xtreme Addict
    This looks all too real !!!

You have to admit, it looks better than the old vapo case ...

Xtreme Member
    -48,3c would be fine...but what is it doing to a 180w cpu?
    is this thing really as good as prom?

Banned
    yeah it will be r404 why not they know the compressors that they use now 12v can hold up why not just go directly thur danfoss and use the same condensing units and take the lead as ebst stock cooling. I wonder if they finally went wiht a better evap also?? Humm

looks nice and I agree who cares who they copied from yes its a bit unmoral, but we as consumers at the end of the day buy whats bets plain and simple so if they used all that we have talked about or have done to redesign there units into a mach II killer well then I guess Im all for it..

we all know however that anytime that chip-con wants to gas r404 and tweak there current mach II who will be on top again.

Xtreme Addict
    i don't care if it looks like Prommie as long as it's as good or even better. I played with my friend's Vapo XE two days ago and must admit it was a pleasure to install it. The hose can be bent in every direction unlike Prommie, no need for crappy seal string that you can take a few caps/resistors out with it and no condensation issues like water leaking from evaps housing and such.
    I hope this Vapo uses some bigger compressor charged with r404a though. If it is then it might be better than nVidia err, i mean nVentiv

Xtreme Relic
    anyone notice how all of a sudden the poll went from 8-2 to 10-8? LOL....a little bit fishy?
    BTW QuadDamage.....the MachII has a new more flexible hose than the MachI did.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    where are the pics?

Xtreme Addict
    i forgot to vote. So it's 10-9 now

Banned
    the compressor is an r404/r507 unit

http://www.danfoss.com/compressors/p...2_Cf53b202.pdf

looks to be able to hold a -30c load at 200w+

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast