Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry Ice, where to buy and whats the reaction to water?

Xtreme Mentor
    I willput alot more of alcool. I know the DI gets colder then -20C, but the water will pass very fast(MCP600) and the water SHOULD come around -30C, so w/ the amout of alcool i put it will be ok.

Plus, the DI will freeze the block so i should get around -20C on my CPU

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    btw, from experience mixing DI with water doesn't work well, at least not tap water. Your water will get white clumps in it and be "dirty". When the DI sublimates in hte water it releases CO2 into the water directly. This combines with the Calcium, Magnesium and other elements in the water to form calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate and other stuff.

C

Xtreme Mentor
    I have a freezer chest w/o compressor(i broke it). I will do a kind of bug net over the water and put some DI on the net. I will do some hoile in the closing insulation, so the CO2 can go out.

Do you think its a good idea?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    actually dry ice is always sublimating when at room temperature, water just makes it visable . Ever tried throwing a block on a wood floor? It glides on a pocket, almost no friction. try it, it's fun, detroit ice co. has it for sale, you might be able to have em ship it to ya.
    20026 01 <-- 9500 NP (on air) CPU TEC Cooled.

Originally posted by FUGGER
    Just the live video sex chat girls come to mind, not that I know anything about that
    With detail settings maxed, full PS and VS support, and highest resolution available, my life runs at 60FPS solid.

Xtreme Mentor
    I can have some free and ALOT, so why go pay for some

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Or try immersing mobo/CPU/VC into tub full of dielectric oil with 20 pounds of DI pellets thrown in Don't even need a heatsink, but a plain copper one would work well

C

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by charlie
    Or try immersing mobo/CPU/VC into tub full of dielectric oil with 20 pounds of DI pellets thrown in Don't even need a heatsink, but a plain copper one would work well

C
    Is this for stopping condensation?

Ripping it up on old technology
    i4memory.com

Xtreme Mentor
    You can get Dry ice from any ICE store, look in you phone book. Or go to a convienience store and look on their regualar bags of ice for a number.

I get mine from a ICE place that sells giant blocks, Cubes, and dry ICE 10lbs for $5.00, anything less then 10lbs they charge $1 per pound.

Or you can buy a CO2 tank, and the attachment for the end and make your own.

Dont even ask where i've been!!!

Xtreme Mentor
    what do you meen by "ICE" store?

And i dont whant to pay 5000$ for a Dry Ice maker!

If you had the cash and the space can you imagine having a dry ice maker/ computer setup? You could have a continous supply of dry ice to cool your system

course by then your neighbors would have staged a rebellion, your wife unit would have staged a divorce and your dog would have just gone awol lol

Xtreme Mentor
    lol,

I will only use my DI for some hard benching days(about 90% of the days). LOL. And i have the space for a mini DI maker, they sell some for about 2000$ and theyre about 1m cube size(3ft)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12