Thread: Water Cooling or Air?

Water Cooling or Air?

Ok, I am a newb to all of this and I don't have alot of cash to spend, my case won't support more than 1 fan without using cutting tools :P I don't know whether ro overclock becuase knowing me I will §§§§ my comp up, I want to know whats the cheapest water cooling you can get and the all around best for around £100 UK Cash :P

Help me here :P My comp is already at 60 Degrees without a decent fan in it

Xtreme Member
    It sounds like air is the best choice for you... 100 pounds isn't a heckuva lot, but you might be able to grab an RBX, a cheap pump, a heater core, a fan, tubing, and hose clamps for under 100. If not, you could switch the RBX out for something else, but I don't know of any decent options in the UK. You would have to mod to get the heater core in.

Xtreme Mentor
    yu can pick a pump at a garden shop(kent, canadian tire. But i dont think you have those shop there), a RBX, WW, MCW5000, just some silicone plumbing tubing(make sure its the good size), a RAD at a car shop, and the cheapest res you can find

Ok, I have been browsing around and I have found a few whole kits that suit my needs

Asetek WaterChill CPU Watercooling Kit (KT03-L20/220V)

They are all within my price range, in US cash there all about 220-300$$$. Are those kits any good?T/TAKE A1681 AQUARIUS III LIQUID COOLING
    Last edited by AnarKy; 02-22-2004 at 05:12 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    the asestek is acceptable, but the Thermaltake are very crappy.

The cheaper you will have that is good, is some separeted

So the T/TAKE A1681 AQUARIUS III LIQUID COOLING is §§§§ then? I have read reviews and all of them have given it a good mark, accept the resovior holds little but you can mod the kit itself.

Xtreme Mentor
    belive the XS reviews over all!. I dont know if someone did one for it, but do a search

Xtreme Member
    The Thermaltake water cooler will provide slightly better results over air cooling and is quiter. But it's a weak peformering water cooler, due to the resuvar being so small.

I myself just ordered an Koolance Exos Aluminium system with a 200G cooler but that set me back over £200.
    Motherboard ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i
    CPU Intel Core 2 QX9650 @ 4000MHz
    Memory 4096MB G.Skill PC2-8000
    Video eVGA GTX260 FTW 896MB
    SoundLogitech z5500 Digital
    Cooling Swifttech H2O-220 Compact Custom CoolerMaster RC-1000 Cosmos w/ 2x 14CM fans & 4x 12cm fans
    Storage 2x Samsung F1 Spinpoint 750GB Drives
    Optical ASUS E616P2 DVD (Black) & ASUS DRW 1604P DVD±R/RW (Black)

Xtreme Member
    The Aquarius will NOT offer better results than good, quiet aircooling. I'm trying to find out what they changed between II and III. I've heard that all they did was make it external... If that is true, the III sucks pretty badly. Looking at it, I think it uses the same radiator, and the block is the same, and I doubt they upgraded the pump. Aquarius III = Crap.

Xtreme Member
    The is a ok peformer it just needs alittle tweaking, the main problem is it's water block which has a flimisy clip with gives little pressure and contect on the CPU. You need to play around with it and bend parts of the clip to get it to sit correcty.
    Motherboard ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i
    CPU Intel Core 2 QX9650 @ 4000MHz
    Memory 4096MB G.Skill PC2-8000
    Video eVGA GTX260 FTW 896MB
    SoundLogitech z5500 Digital
    Cooling Swifttech H2O-220 Compact Custom CoolerMaster RC-1000 Cosmos w/ 2x 14CM fans & 4x 12cm fans
    Storage 2x Samsung F1 Spinpoint 750GB Drives
    Optical ASUS E616P2 DVD (Black) & ASUS DRW 1604P DVD±R/RW (Black)

Xtreme Member
    The main problem with it is its small radiator, its thin tubing, its 90 LITRES per HOUR pump, its poorly designed waterblock, and... Well, there's nothing more to say... I think I've stated that everything about it is crap.

Xtreme Member
    I like how quiet water-cooling is. Thats the big benefit imo.
    Heatware:http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=24651

Xtreme Member
    Buy a quiet pump, and then its noise simply depends on your radiator fan.