Thread: Ezviz BC1C 2K+

Xtreme Reviewer

Ezviz BC1C 2K+

Introduction

Once again I had time to check out surveillance cameras. This time I looked at a model from EZVIZ, namely the one with the awkward name BC1C 2k +. The name suggests: this is a camera with 2K resolution, which is easier to find on the internet than EZVIZ eLife 2K +. EZVIZ has established itself as one of the big names in home camera systems and as the name of this model reveals, it's well into later generation models now. All that should mean you can expect a well-polished product with decent features and good software backing it up. The EZVIZ BC1C 2k + relies on WLAN. The camera is predestined for outdoor use (but of course you can also use it in buildings), as it is certified according to IP 66 and comes with a 10,400 mAh battery. That should last up to 270 days. You can certainly only achieve this if you set the minimum monitoring. Alternatively, you can even install a solar panel if you don’t want to rely on the battery. The BC1C 2K+ films up to 2K with its 4 Mpx sensor and wide-angle optics (116°), and can count on infrared LEDs to provide color night vision. Motion detection is obviously offered, and it is accompanied by a siren to deter intruders from going further and alert neighbors. It is finally possible to use the BC1C 2K+ to communicate thanks to its integrated microphone and speaker.

Let’s start with the bare data of the EZVIZ BC1C 2k +:

Packaging & Contents

The Ezviz BC1C 2K+ packaged in a nice retail box that shows off the camera quite nicely on the front cover. Box shows an EZVIZ branding on the top.

Helpful information can be found throughout the box, but most of what you need is on the back in 9 languages.

Ezviz also lists a few of the more prominent features of the Camera.

The BC1C 2K+ is nicely packaged inside with everything needed for a quick easy setup.

The bundle is really impressive so aside the BC1C 2K+ you will get manuals, Drill template and screw fixings.

You will find two adjustable mounting brackets wich choice of screw/magnetic mounts.

Although the camera masters IP 66 and could also be operated with the power supply unit, the power supply unit is not intended for use in wind and weather, but for indoor use or for charging.

Furthermore, it does not rely on USB-C, but on Micro-USB.

A Closer Look

The EZVIZ BC1C 2k + is structurally very robust, although plastic. It is cylindrical in shape, 6.28 cm in diameter and 10.47 cm high with the cylindrical foot so won’t be much of an eyesore wherever you choose to place it. It’s also completely wireless so there’s no finicky installation needed. The chosen colors, gray and black, offer a look of quality product, something that we corroborate when holding it in our hands. The camera does not exude fragility. It has a weight (365gr), which although it may seem somewhat high, we can consider "normal" and we have the peace of mind that it is perfectly held with the screwed or magnetized support.

The camera is IP66 weatherproof weather-resistant which ensures it works properly on rainy days. Ezviz says it can also withstand humidity levels up to 95%, as well as extreme temperatures of -20 to 50°C. In short, no need to seek shelter for it.

The micro-USB port to recharge the cam is well protected behind a rubber stopper on the underside of the camera, where both the speaker and the reset button are. It's always a shame to see such an old port on a modern product, however, it's true that it's not necessary to use a USB-C port for a camera.

When you completely lift the black part, you find a rather practical attachment system with a 360° rotation to hang the camera if you want to fix it to the wall or on the ceiling at home, and not put it.

There is a black module, where the lens is located, two activity LEDs to see what is happening in the room or to scare intruders and a microphone. The latter allows you to hear what is happening at home in addition to having the image. The EZVIZ BC1C 2k + has a 4MP lens that films video footage in 2560x1440p 2K resolution. It will record at 15 FPS and not 30. There is also a motion detector sensor. The motion detector and a advanced human form sensing technology it will make us have absolute control of our home or business. Something that will avoid countless false alarms by animals or by the movement of trees by the wind.

It has a battery of 10400 mAh offering an incredible autonomy of up to 270 days no need to charge. To store the content yourself in advance: EZVIZ has 32 GB of internal memory, which is sufficient for a lot of movement content. If the camera is stolen, you’re out of luck. This is the case with all providers. That’s why EZVIZ also has a cloud. Per camera costs 4.99 euros per month, with annual payment 50 euros. There is then 7 days of video history. For 30 days, you pay 9.99 euros / 100 euros per year. You can cover up to four cameras with the big plan, and you can get it from 7.49 euros a month.

EZVIZ App

First, you will need to download the "EZVIZ" application from the App Store or PlayStore. Once the application is downloaded, you will have to accept the terms of use which you will have read with great attention, of course! Then, we move on to the famous step of creating the account. Once this account has been created, you can finally add your equipment to the application. To start, you must select "configure a device", then section "security cameras" and write your Wi-Fi network so that the camera can connect easily.

Then tapped Add Device in the app and used your phone’s camera to scan the QR code on the front cover of the quick install guide (there’s also a code on the base of the camera).

Next, you’ll choose the Wi-Fi network (2.4GHz only) to which you’ll be connecting the camera. Once online, the BC1C 2K+ will perform a software update. After the update, you’re ready to start using it.

Available for iOS and Android devices, the EZVIZ app is your all-in-one hub for camera controls, profile and hardware customizations, general settings, motion controls, and more.

Sound and image are recorded automatically, and the APP will also remind you when someone appears, helping the owner to capture the scene right from opening the application on the phone. Using the Download option, you can save clips to what the software calls ‘My Ablum’. You can use the Pan & Tilt section to move the camera around, and control the zoom.

the app allows you to choose between Ultra HD, Full HD and Hi-Def to save on storage space. Notifications can be set for 24/7 or on a schedule, and you can opt to have notifications trip the siren if desired. A motion-detection area can be set in the app, and a line-crossing detection system is available, too. I found motion sensitivity to be solid at higher levels of its six sensitivity levels.

Performance

The system comes with two mounting options, either magnetic or screw and the physical installation of these cameras is easier than some options I have used but comparable to most. Depending upon the colour of your wall, or wherever you’re going to mount it, the dark finish might blend in well, or stick out like a sore thumb. It is recommended to install the BC1C 2K+ between 2 and 3 meters high, in order to optimize motion detection.

The video quality of this camera, is exceptional, with the sensor capable of recording at a 2K resolution and 15 fps.

The alarm is clearly audible and loud. You can make a voice recording of 10 seconds, which is played when people are recognized.

In the test, I had very little latency between what was happening and the live video.

I have not had the camera long enough to come up with an accurate forecast for the battery. Like all battery-powered cameras, the performance is dependant on the number of events your record and the settings you use. On the camera, which triggers frequently, it looks like ti drops about 0.5% per day. This is pretty good considering how often it has triggered, I don’t mind charging a camera every 12 weeks or so.

Night time footage is excellent for a battery camera. Like many cameras now, this has a spotlight that enables colour recording. It doesn't provide enough illumination to make the quality as good as the day time footage, so there is some graininess to it, but overall it is good.

Final Thoughts

The Ezviz BC1C 2K+ is a superb battery powered security camera with the best video quality of any battery camera I have used. The overall number of features also seem to be better than its main rivals, Eufy and Arlo. The Ezviz BC1C 2K+ offers a neat and elegant design that will be discreet once installed in the house. The set goes easily and discreetly everywhere, in any type of apartment and house. This unit connects directly to your Wi-Fi network, without the need for a hub. And without the need for a complicated set-up that involves your router, smartphone, camera and the hub, connecting the BC1C 2K+ to my home network was a breeze. All you need to do is download the Ezviz app, follow the instructions and pair the unit directly. The Ezviz app is very well designed, clearly laid out and intuitive to use. You’ll also get smartphone notifications each time the camera detects motion. It’s also great to have such precise customisable activity zones so you won’t get annoying notifications every time someone walks past. Its ultra-clear 2K resolution makes for sharp, colourful footage while its bright spotlight gives you just as much detail at night. It's weather-resistant, and it has a spotlight built-in as well. Of course, the fact that the camera has a battery has advantages and disadvantages. Some people rely on PoE cameras when monitoring their home, i.e. devices that are continuously fed with electricity via the network cable and thus allow continuous monitoring. This is possible with battery-powered cameras, but nonsense, because otherwise you would have to constantly charge them – or alternatively, you would have to connect to the power supply. The EZVIZ offers the possibility of a solar charger that we can install next to the camera so we would not need to remove it at any time from its support. I found the battery life to be excellent too. It’s a slight shame that you can’t swap out the 32GB of storage for a higher-capacity SD card, but it’s plenty for most people. Cloud storage is feasible, but not an obligation. Also Ezviz BC1C 2K+ doesn’t offer is 4K video. And there are legitimate reasons to consider a 4K camera. For example, you might want to read a license plate from 50 feet away. Or maybe you want to be able to identify people from a long distance.

The Ezviz BC1C 2K+ is an exceptionally well-specced wireless camera system that is priced (€135) competitively against other established names. I like the workmanship and the optics as well as the app better than Eufy, Arlo cameras. The EZVIZ eLife 2K + is actually a camera that I would put myself on my property. And thanks to the ability to connect the camera directly to Wi-Fi without a connection hub, it can also be a good starter camera for those who want to get started with monitoring their surroundings. With 2K resolution video, battery power going for up to six months and a built-in security light, siren, plus colourful night vision, this is a really compelling option for the price and certainly offers the competition a lot to be concerned about.

Last edited by testman78; 07-07-2022 at 10:40 AM.