Thread: Alderlake non K chips are pure magic

Threaded View

Xtreme Mentor

Alderlake non K chips are pure magic

Firstly this is my 10900K clocked to 5.3 all cores no offset, and getting that stable needs 1.425v and it can eat up over 250w peak power:

Secondly, this is my I5 12600 with thermal limits removed, which runs at 'just' 4.4 Ghz:

While multicore performance is ofc lower due to it being 6c/12t, single core is much higher in both SSE and AVX.

At stock bios settings, the chip uses 1.15v, at which the following is its power and thermals results:

It peaks at 108w power draw, and 83c temp. But now what happens if I undervolt the CPU? ...

Setting the voltage offset to the minimum which brings it to 1.05v vastly reduces the max power draw to 56w, and max temp to 53c.

Unfortunately, the CPU clock monitoring in several such programs had me mistaken, performance is lost at that little voltage as despite that the monitors show 4.4 Ghz, the CPU is no longer actually boosting.

Currently I have managed to maintain boost at 1.115v, and am tweaking from there to find the lowest that I don't get performance drop.
    Last edited by Mungri; 05-25-2022 at 12:55 PM.