Thread: Anyone use Phase change?

-100C Club

Anyone use Phase change?

Been a long time since I have posted here, just wondering does anyone use phase change anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    Hell, if it would unlock this godly 154, I'd put on a tutu and dance around like a ballerina
    Mach 2 Problems Click
    My Work

Hi fatty,
    I've been haunting this place since 2004 and bought a Vapochill LS in 2005. I have three units begging to be repaired. Currently I use a single stage Little Devil for my gaming rig. Occasionally, I will see some bench runs using (probably old) cascades once in a while and typically it's on the 2003-2008 Intel gear. With the predictability of binning today, there's not much frequency left on the table to be exploited by exotic cooling. That's my guess as to why the phase hobby isn't the thing anymore. Funny that there may be a renaissance that may be occurring with Peltier cooling because the passage of time has given them better capability in dealing with higher watts.

-100C Club
    Yeah I got out of the game when I left the UK in 2008, but I still have some prometia units sat in my shed, I was kind of hoping someone here in Victoria could find a use for them ������
    Hell, if it would unlock this godly 154, I'd put on a tutu and dance around like a ballerina
    Mach 2 Problems Click
    My Work

I am still using phase for my loop and the triple stage for overclocking, its still going.

If you can bring the units to Vegas I can fix for free. I have parts and gas.

I have considered designing a new single stage with modern technology. Pretty much every time there is a new CPU launch.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

-100C Club
    Cheers for that I have 3 working units in Australia that I didn’t want to see go to waste but no one seems overly interested ��
    Mach 2 Problems Click
    My Work