Thread: Wake up from sleep problem only happens occasionally

Xtreme Enthusiast

Wake up from sleep problem only happens occasionally

I have a wake up from sleep problem with my pc it only happens sometimes most of the time its fine id say like 85% of the time its fine and it only happens when the pc has been sleeping for a long time like a day it happens like twice a week. I try to wake the pc and the the keyboard does not light up and the mouse does not light up and there is no video signal and I have to hard reset the pc with the power button to get it working again and its just annoying really. The case fans start to spin but then they stop spinning and I do the hard reset and everything is fine. its almost like the motherboard is not getting power or something im not sure whats going on.

I did some research on power options and changed some settings on the usb hubs to not power down and turned off fast startup etc.. and it hasn't happened since. sometimes I can go weeks without this problems happening its just annoying when it does happen though

i was wondering if anyone could shed some light

its not a huge problem just annyoing

8700k @ 4.7 Ghz
    asus 3090
    asus z370f gaming
    seasonic focus 750w
    32 gb ddr4

my pc is 100% stable for everything i do gaming and stress tests and works perfect otherwise

thank you
    BTK is my initials if you were wondering.

i7 8700K - RTX 3090 - 32 GB RAM - ASUS PG35VQ

i5 8600K - GTX 1080ti - 16 GB RAM - ASUS PG27UQ

check notifications and start up for stuff you dont want, like notifications that there is a new version of x or some process is set to startup that you dont need.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Quote Originally Posted by BTK View Post
    I have a wake up from sleep problem with my pc it only happens sometimes most of the time its fine id say like 85% of the time its fine and it only happens when the pc has been sleeping for a long time like a day it happens like twice a week. I try to wake the pc and the the keyboard does not light up and the mouse does not light up and there is no video signal and I have to hard reset the pc with the power button to get it working again and its just annoying really. The case fans start to spin but then they stop spinning and I do the hard reset and everything is fine. its almost like the motherboard is not getting power or something im not sure whats going on.

I did some research on power options and changed some settings on the usb hubs to not power down and turned off fast startup etc.. and it hasn't happened since. sometimes I can go weeks without this problems happening its just annoying when it does happen though

i was wondering if anyone could shed some light

its not a huge problem just annyoing

8700k @ 4.7 Ghz
    asus 3090
    asus z370f gaming
    seasonic focus 750w
    32 gb ddr4

my pc is 100% stable for everything i do gaming and stress tests and works perfect otherwise

thank you
    Greetings, I recommend that you check the window updates, some have some flaws regardless of the characteristics of the pc

i've just always disabled the sleep option. never had any luck with it working. if i need to i will set the monitor to power off, but that's about as far as i go.

Here are possible solutions:
    https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips...by-itself.html
    Please post back.