Thread: Help Needed

Hamster Powered

Help Needed

Hello, It has been a long time since I was here. After losing Dave it knocked the wind out of me. I need help with component selection. I am running an old Asus Maximus Formula II motherboard and a very special (Dave gave the chip to me and it came from someone very special). It is a Core 2 Extreme X9770 cpu. Since Movieman gave it to me I vowed to run it until the wheels fell off. Well it is so old it doesn't even recognize a SK hynix 1tb SSD that I want to boot from. I am currently running a WD Black 2tb 7200rpm as C:, and want it to be my D: Data Drive.

I also have a Mountain Mods U2 UFO case with dual watercooling, a 360 Thermochill rad for cpu, and a swiftech 240 rad for the NorthBridge. Both are powered by Laing DDC pumps with Swiftech reservoirs. I plan on going back with just the CPU waterblock and ThermoChill radiator. So I need a new mid tower case, Asus MB, memory, vid card, and a decent Intel CPU. I will either get an EK waterblock or Swiftech. I am not a gamer but I do appreciate the RGB lighting. The U2 UFO is an 18" cube and takes up so much of my desk, so I want to down size, but not go too cheap on a case, and have been looking at the Corsair Icue 4000x RGB case. I would do the 360 rad up front, currently it is a six fan push/pull setup. I also have an Aquero USB controller for my fans that I would like to use but the case does not have a front mount for it. Any help would be appreciated.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Addict
    does it see it in the bios?
    Amd Nvidia/Ati -3dmark06 scorebord revisted

asus L1N64-ws or /b depending on bios chip
    4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=236
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    bix3-with x3panaflo hi output
    antec 850 quattro

heat under msimax abitmax and dfimax

Hamster Powered
    Not as a sata, but it does as a usb. The motherboard is old and had been overclocked pretty hard. I am decommissioning it and selling the U2 UFO case. I am currently running the SSD on my i7-920 work rack. It is time to consider a new rig, just do not need multiple vid cards.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".