Thread: Who's ready for the new incoming AMD CPU/GPU hardware?

Threaded View

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi_FXX View Post
    Hi

Ryzen 5000 FTW! Amazing IPC performance and best price but hard to mem OC
    I have heard AMD RX6000 has lower image quality in games! is that so?!
    vs 5xxx? I see no visible difference, maybe it would require screenshot comparisons on same drivers. I like my eye candy though and have a high attention to detail and have not noticed anything "off".

PSU be here monday. It's only an ax850 but that fits the criteria for real world as most won't need more than that anyway and it should already be more than enough power even with ambient "total platform tuning" as I prefer to call it vs overclocking now.

Arctic liquid freezer II 280 showed up ( my dime ) also picked up an open box ITX ASUS ROG X570-I open box to play with ( my dime ). Wall Mount came in for monitor ( my dime ) A retail 5800x ( my dime ) is on the way to bin as well although i think the chip that really need replacing may be the 5900x. It would be nice to find a 5.0+ capable 5800x though.

Something is arriving from EK on tuesday so lets add them to the special thanks list. I honestly have no clue what it is ( third party via AMD )

May change up the hard drive config but undecided yet as I don't want to run 2 m2's and starve bandwidth on one of the x16 slots.

Things left to get are the phanteks p500a case ( black non rgb or rgb or white rgb doesn't matter it's just for airflow/realworld rgb looks cool in moderation but does not cool ) and a 5 pack of p14 artic fans. I may add one set of memory to the list but i'm not quite sure it's needed except to simplify side by side as this set of 32gb 16-16-16 3600 can pull the 3600 14-15-15 @ 1.45 spec just fine as well as up to 2000 16-16-16 @ 1.45
    Last edited by chew*; 12-24-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me