Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who's ready for the new incoming AMD CPU/GPU hardware?

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm in good mood being a Clevelander the Browns beat the Steelers in a playoff game. yay now the got climb mount Everest against the chiefs. I don['t even care if they lose that now lol
    Go Ohio State too.

Seeing these BIG boards WRX80 show up for Threadripper is getting me excited too, along with AMD C.E.S post tomorrow at 11:00am it does have me wondering if they're is like 16 core on now old TRX40 just for the memory bandwidth and high up has the WRX80
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    I'm in good mood being a Clevelander the Browns beat the Steelers in a playoff game. yay now the got climb mount Everest against the chiefs. I don['t even care if they lose that now lol
    Go Ohio State too.

Seeing these BIG boards WRX80 show up for Threadripper is getting me excited too, along with AMD C.E.S post tomorrow at 11:00am it does have me wondering if they're is like 16 core on now old TRX40 just for the memory bandwidth and high up has the WRX80
    I'm only an hour south of you lol. Was also excited for the game.

I hope part availability gets better in Q2. I don't think the 6800 XT I ordered / paid for is ever going to arrive, has now been 7 weeks with no shipping update.
    Smile

Am having trouble with my ram speed.
    I can't get them to 3000. When I manually set the speed my system will not boot up.
    My old Crosshair VI bios was easy to use when adjusting the ram speed
    How can one post pictures?
    Do I need a special account 🤔

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker003 View Post
    Am having trouble with my ram speed.
    I can't get them to 3000. When I manually set the speed my system will not boot up.
    My old Crosshair VI bios was easy to use when adjusting the ram speed
    How can one post pictures?
    Do I need a special account ��
    I upload pics in my private discord copy link then [img] tag them here.

example
    URL
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...678&height=903
    IMG tagged

In other news new agesa came out flashed tested, still a few quirks in bios, aquired a few more parts (fans, modded cables, independant cablemods rgb controllers) for the test system but works been hectic so I won't get much accomplished till next weekend.

Only thing I accomplished this past weekend was trading and swapping out my power supply (ax1200) plus cash ($50) for the ax1200i which is much quieter @ idle now and testing the latest agesa/bios.
    Last edited by chew*; 01-12-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Mentor
    Go Ohio State too.

No longer routing for a team again I'm bad luck haha chief's going to kill the Browns.... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    I'm only an hour south of you lol. Was also excited for the game.

I hope part availability gets better in Q2. I don't think the 6800 XT I ordered / paid for is ever going to arrive, has now been 7 weeks with no shipping update.
    Well i'm sort of disappoint and slightly not disappointed. disappointed No Threadripper 5000, Not disappointed WRX80 is now going DIY along with CPU's, but their Threadripper 3,000 series :-/
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    it's a bottleneck for sure if it's not stable. there's gains to be had compared to defaults loaded, the gains from 3600 to 3800 are small now at = settings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLja1q-M4SU

@ 8:34 secs

you can run fabric clock different from NB clock and Ram ? I'm unaware this wholly true on all boards.

surely that NB clock becomes a bottleneck at the asynchronous mode with the 2:1 setting.

5000mhz ram (2500mhz) / 1250mhz NB / 1800 (3600 mhz infinity clock )

the only way to get to run back up to 1900mhz is to run ram at 7600mhz!!! O.o~!

so what does the NB speed run on the just above 3800mhz when you do hit the 2:1 mode when it changes ?
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Brilliant Idiot
    You can run async yes on just about any board. it does not require double the speed to match performance but there are other stutter related issues in games that make it a moot point and sync is just better. Honestly not much gains to be had as before I ran stock with xmp loaded but mem speed @ 3200 vs -15 curve optimizer PBO +100 and 3800 manual tuned timings and gained 2 fps avg in dirt 5 @ 1080P High preset.

Granted this will vary between titles but you should not expect the larger gains we saw with previous versions of ryzen. Even PI 32m running 12-11-11 vs 16-16-16 3800+ i'm not seeing very large gains..... less than 3 secs. really only async is good for "benchmarks" not real world and select few benchmarks at that like geek bench.....

I see far less gains from timings now than previous versions. running 14-14-14 3800 with high v dimm amounts to nothing vs 16-16-16 in actual games. It generates more heat to your mem and gives you better aida results and that's about it.
    Last edited by chew*; 02-14-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Mentor
    You can run async yes on just about any board. it does not require double the speed to match performance but there are other stutter related issues in games that make it a moot point and sync is just better. Honestly not much gains to be had as before I ran stock with xmp loaded but mem speed @ 3200 vs -15 curve optimizer PBO +100 and 3800 manual tuned timings and gained 2 fps avg in dirt 5 @ 1080P High preset.

Granted this will vary between titles but you should not expect the larger gains we saw with previous versions of ryzen. Even PI 32m running 12-11-11 vs 16-16-16 3800+ i'm not seeing very large gains..... less than 3 secs. really only async is good for "benchmarks" not real world and select few benchmarks at that like geek bench.....

I see far less gains from timings now than previous versions. running 14-14-14 3800 with high v dimm amounts to nothing vs 16-16-16 in actual games. It generates more heat to your mem and gives you better aida results and that's about it.
    I did see someone post that you get slightly high fps, but also a lot lower 1% and .01% lows which would make stutter even worse. It was at least 10% worse lows. When your talking about 20-40 fps those are big gaps.

I can't find these test where the did high memory speed with low Infinity fabric clocks now :/ .Like 3800mhz ram with 1200mhz infinity fabric.

one thing I don't get is how bandwidth isn't hampered by the lower northbirdge speed & latency hit. Like you said your AIDA results are high, but that's about it. Maybe AIDA just calculating the results from the clock and not actual use.

I'm really wondering if AMD would ever put some kind of L4 cache on the IO die eventually, I'm not sure it would help in anyway.

as for RDN3 I could see the IO die being a benefit to weed out late frames before out putting them to the monitor. A way to keep more consistency on frame times. The L4 cache on that would help off load frames into that buffer and be accolated to out put.
    The only problem I see with this approach is what happened when you do want to use multi-gpu then, you'll need some way for those IO dies to communicate. Infinity fabric is one way around that but is/will it be big enough.

I must ask this, because I'm still on an ye old phenom II, but is this, curve optimizer sure seems like the old A.O.D with the old 1st gen phenom the 9000 series with + and - for the core is it ?
    I was pretty sure that ryzen master is basically a newer slightly better a.o.d
    Last edited by demonkevy666; 03-07-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm wondering if I could just upgrade to a low Athlon 3000G because I'm playing mostly much older games that don't seen too much gpu power.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm wondering if I could just upgrade to a low Athlon 3000G because I'm playing mostly much older games that don't seen too much gpu power.
    well now here I sit with a Ryzen 5 5600x and GT 1030 and 16Gbs of ram and new SSD.
    I'm out of the phenom II age finally, but this will be going to my brother later on, after GPU prices come back to sanity
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

I am Xtreme
    I can guarantee I'll be working with RDNA 2 gpu/s. Cpu side not so sure atm. Up in the air. I may need to buy that myself for testing. Nvidia...yah maybe but not on my dime, possibly through some work on a project I'm on though.
    Hadn't been here in 9 years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    My systems are not extreme but I love them just the same. My main rigs? Are an HTPC AMD and the main rig is;

AMD 3700G at stock. Played with overclocking but no biggie.
    Cooler Master Hyper V 212.
    Cooler Master HAF full tower Case
    EVGA 850 PSU
    16GB of Crucial Ballistix RAM CL16
    Asus Prime 550 mobo
    AMD RX 580 CTS 8GB DDR5 Video card
    Creative SB AE-5 sound card
    4TB 256MB cache WD Black HDD
    50" Samsung 8 series 4K TV and 24" Asus I IPS monitor for daily use.
    Sound is is my Mach One Like DIY speakers and a JVC 778 Stereo Receiver for music. Pioneer 5.1 Receiver for games.
    Windows 11 Pro

So far, one of my favorite computers! I upgraded from a 7-year-old Intel i7 4700K Haswell LOL! next project is an SSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Mentor
    well now here I sit with a Ryzen 5 5600x and GT 1030 and 16Gbs of ram and new SSD.
    I'm out of the phenom II age finally, but this will be going to my brother later on, after GPU prices come back to sanity
    I manage to snag a refurbished EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 TI for $865 from Micro--Center. unfortunately, I also caught Covid-19 after picking it up. :/ That was back during Thanksgiving. My Mother caught it, and brother caught it, from me but pneumonia with it.
    they're better now. My brother got bad to the point he was in ICU but he's slowly getting over it now.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Cruncher
    I manage to snag a refurbished EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 TI for $865 from Micro--Center. unfortunately, I also caught Covid-19 after picking it up. :/ That was back during Thanksgiving. My Mother caught it, and brother caught it, from me but pneumonia with it.
    they're better now. My brother got bad to the point he was in ICU but he's slowly getting over it now.
    I have one of those GPUs... still a beast. Undervolt/Overclock it
    24/7 Cruncher #1
    Crosshair VII Hero, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 AIO, 4x8GB GSKILL 3600MHz C15, ASUS TUF 3090 OC
    Samsung 980 1TB NVMe, Samsung 870 QVO 1TB, 2x10TB WD Red RAID1, Win 10 Pro, Enthoo Luxe TG, EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2

24/7 Cruncher #2
    ASRock X470 Taichi, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer 280 AIO, 2x16GB GSKILL NEO 3600MHz C16, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
    Samsung 970 EVO 250GB NVMe, Samsung 870 EVO 500GBWin 10 Ent, Enthoo Pro, Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W

24/7 Cruncher #3
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3 BIOS F8 mod, 2600k (L051B138) @ 4.5 GHz, 1.260v full load, Arctic Liquid 120, (Boots Win @ 5.6 GHz per Massman binning)
    Samsung Green 4x4GB @2133 C10, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Hybrid, Samsung 870 EVO 500GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Rosewill Rise, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2

24/7 Cruncher #4 ... Crucial M225 64GB SSD Donated to Endurance Testing (Died at 968 TB of writes...no that is not a typo!)
    GA-EP45T-UD3LR BIOS F10 modded, Q6600 G0 VID 1.212 (L731B536), 3.6 GHz 9x400 @ 1.312v full load, Zerotherm Zen FZ120
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR3-1600MHz C7, Gigabyte 7950 @1200/1250, Crucial MX100 128GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Centurion 590, XFX PRO650W

Music System
    SB Server->SB Touch w/Android Tablet as a remote->Denon AVR-X3300W->JBL Studio Series Floorstanding Speakers, JBL LS Center, 2x SVS SB-2000 Subs

Xtreme Mentor
    I have one of those GPUs... still a beast. Undervolt/Overclock it
    I'm Happy my whole system cost less than a RTX 3090 LOL
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Member
    I'm ready for Zen4. The rumor is it will be announced in June and available Aug/Sep as in the past. Just hope DDR5 6000 is available because the platform will be DDR5 only.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ne.shot View Post
    I'm ready for Zen4. The rumor is it will be announced in June and available Aug/Sep as in the past. Just hope DDR5 6000 is available because the platform will be DDR5 only.
    I want DDR5 7600mhz before I jump at that, I might wait a while.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Mentor
    I want DDR5 7600mhz before I jump at that, I might wait a while.
    Oh look AMD released bios for high than 7,600 mhz ram but it's with the higher divider now.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

I still like my AMD 7800X3D.
    Waitung for the AMD 8000 CPU.
    Does anybody know if they offer 8000X3D as well?
    AMD 7800X3D@watercool-Heatkiller IV Pro| ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero | NVidia Founders Edition 4090 @watercool_Waterblock H²O@Mo-Ra3|Seasonic Fokus-GX 1000W| 2*16 GB G.Skill@F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB |Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4, Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB| Cooler Master CoSmoS II |LG OLED42C21LA 106 cm (42 Zoll)|Windows 11 Prof. 64 bit
    Sound: AVR-X3600H@5.1 Nubert-NuVero70

The next gen server chips have 3d cache so I assume the consumer ones will too. The next gen also has efficiency cores so I would not jump on it until windows 12 when we get a proper task scheduler. Windows 11 has a hard time with 3d cache and E/P cores, so I have a feeling doing both asymmetrically will be even worse.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Well, got me some "new" stuff on a steal-deal.
    Spend € 599,00 on some new "öld-stock":
    Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME
    X5900 B2 Vermeer
    G.Skill F4-3600C14Q-64GTRG
    Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD 2TB

It`s quiet, more than double the "feel" of speed compared to my 5960X-X99 Classified and 4x 4gb B-die.
    And got it for the retail price of a 7950X, and a full 2 years of warranty.

Damn, do times change.
    REX4F - X79A-Sabertooth
    Noctua NH-D14 Pull-Pull NoiseBlocker PK3
    X3930 @4.5 - 1,325V
    X3860 @4.5 - 1,28V
    Geil Ultra+ 6x4 7-8-7-24@1814 1,65V Elpida???
    Gskill RJ-X 4x8 9-11-11 @2200 1,65V Sammy
    580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    The next gen server chips have 3d cache so I assume the consumer ones will too. The next gen also has efficiency cores so I would not jump on it until windows 12 when we get a proper task scheduler. Windows 11 has a hard time with 3d cache and E/P cores, so I have a feeling doing both asymmetrically will be even worse.
    Windows 12 is supposed to come out next year. Right in time for the 8000X3D. Ain't it?
    AMD 7800X3D@watercool-Heatkiller IV Pro| ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero | NVidia Founders Edition 4090 @watercool_Waterblock H²O@Mo-Ra3|Seasonic Fokus-GX 1000W| 2*16 GB G.Skill@F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB |Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4, Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB| Cooler Master CoSmoS II |LG OLED42C21LA 106 cm (42 Zoll)|Windows 11 Prof. 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz_the_germ View Post
    Windows 12 is supposed to come out next year. Right in time for the 8000X3D. Ain't it?
    I think the new chips are q3 or 4 2024 judging by TSMC's fab schedule and windows 12 is q1-q2 2025 from the looks of it.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    I think the new chips are q3 or 4 2024 judging by TSMC's fab schedule and windows 12 is q1-q2 2025 from the looks of it.
    Yeah man, just right in time.
    I like it when a plan comes together, don't ya?

Xtreme Mentor
    AM5/6 is boring to me I'll be moving to SP6 or whatevers after WRX80, TRX40 was too limited.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast