Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, what have I missed!

Intel is back on top if you have the cooling
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm considering a 13900KS next as it looks like very few 13900K's are OCing all that well.

Get a top end DDR4 setup then then keep it for some time like I did back when I had my X58.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungri View Post
    I'm considering a 13900KS next as it looks like very few 13900K's are OCing all that well.

Get a top end DDR4 setup then then keep it for some time like I did back when I had my X58.
    I would be very interested in your OC results if you do. Please post them here on the forum. I have a 12900KS (DDR4) under single stage phase I keep at 5.6 MHz with a 54 MHz ring frequency.
    Last edited by uRnOdAiSy; 11-03-2022 at 06:47 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Circaflex View Post
    Times have changed; a lot of forums have died out or moved to other platforms (YouTube, discord, Facebook groups, etc). It is just the way of the beast and the new generation. Really sad IMO, I made many great virtual friends here and I wish I could go back to when everyone was still around here. Sucks getting older tbh.
    Your points are valid. In addition, there is less overclocking potential with the improvement in the predictability/binning of modern hardware. With that and 'easy overclocking' buttons you can press, the average Joe can get a descent OC without having the effort of seek the know how.
    "Build it and they shall come". There's still use for forums like this. Look at overclock(DOT)net. There's still a desire for centralized sources for the harder core users who want to squeeze out the entire potential of their modern, highly binned hardware. There are motherboard threads for builds with various manufacturers and models, DDR4/DDR5 overclocking threads etc. They're doing everything xtremesystems used to do. It's hopping with a lot of activity and has become a go to for the harder core enthusiasts. This is where they've been going. If we were to post our builds and activities here (especially with unique posts found only here), there would be search hits, comments, and new registered members.
    Last edited by uRnOdAiSy; 11-03-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12