Thread: SaharaGaming PRO V

Xtreme Reviewer

SaharaGaming PRO V

Introduction

I have been aware of SaharaGaming for just over a year, they manufacture cases, fans and keyboards, with the recent addition of headphones. Although the brand doesn't specifically pop up when we are talking audio peripherals, I have good hopes for this product. Today we're looking at the SaharaGaming PRO V wired headphones.

Specifications.

Packaging & Contents

The SaharaGaming PRO V comes in a standard box with an illustration of the product.

Some key features, like its multi-platform capability and product specifications are listed on the back.

The sides of the box include the brand name.

The box was decently sturdy and opened easily enough. There's a single piece of packing cardbox contoured to the headphones that also has a slot where the included 3.5mm cable and usb connector was in. No manual or other literature was included which is kind of strange, but not a big deal. No included carrying case either. With cheap audio products all I really care about is the product feeling secure on arrival, and these did, so it gets a pass.

A Closer Look

At the cost, I did not expect much about the SaharaGaming PRO V's build and material quality. However, they are good and should last longer with proper care. The headphone is made almost out of plastic. They come in a simple monotone black finish with the brand name logo on the earpiece.

The SaharaGaming PRO V actual frame isn?t anything flash, however. These are light headphones at 270 gr with a thin metal skeleton.

The earcups are attached to the headband via double wires. An elastic band on both earcups acts like a self-adjusting mechanism that extends when you pull it for a good fit.

57mm neodymium magnetic speakers. The frequency range of 20 - 20,000 kHz is the usual standard. The impedance is incidentally at 32 ohms.

Ear cushions are covered by fake leather and filled by regular foam, not memory foam. There's an company logo inside. The ear pads are not glued on and can be removed by hand.

Thanks to coherent outer design and illuminated logo in blue colour, stand out on the battlefield and show off your style.

Headband with company's name on it.

Sadly, the cable is not removable. However, it looks durable and at a length of 2.2m should be good for studio use. It comes with an 3.5mm audio cable and a USB cable.

Performance

The pads and faux leather feel pretty decent. The snug fitting earpieces isolate the natural noise and put the focus back where it belongs - on the music. The SaharaGaming PRO V tends to overlook the hollowness that often accompanies other closed headphones. As with many closed headphones, they don't breathe all too well, so your ears might get slightly warm after a period of prolonged use. They also show a marked improvement on isolation when compared to other higher priced models. While not 100% noise-cancelling, they dutifully block out the majority of external sounds.

With a 57mm driver located in each earpiece, they provide a fluid listening experience with full sound. Vocals are solid. A quick and dynamic response makes songs with nuanced vocals a pleasure. The bass doesn't shake me with an eagerly forward presence. Yet, I won't classify it as neutral. It toes the ever-popular line of somewhere in the middle, naturally pleasing casual listeners and emerging professionals. You'll get used to the sound after using it for awhile, but before then I actually found myself mixing in too much bass trying to compensate for the 'thin' sound I hear. The highs were relaxed. Thankfully, notes don't attack my eardrum with vengeful sibilance. Instead, I can listen to these for hours at a time without fatigue. High frequencies are distinct and pleasurable. In terms of flexibility, the SaharaGaming PRO V wouldn't let you down. It is able to handle a broad range of song genres such as rock, pop, jazz, reggae ton, and hip-hops.

Final Thoughts

So there you have it! The SaharaGaming PRO V are proof that you don't have to pay through the nose to achieve great sound. I was surprised when I first put the headphones on. It sounded big with a generous sound range. Perhaps it was because I wasn't expecting much from a headphone which costs only GBP 40, but I was impressed of the sound. Musically wise, the PRO V sounded great for most types of music genres. Despite being made from lightweight plastic, the SaharaGaming PRO V headphone is solid enough to withstand regular use. They may not win any design awards or feature any exciting new "technological development" - but less than GBP 40, who cares?

If you are looking for a low budget pair of headphones, the SaharaGaming PRO V should be among your top picks. For what you pay for these, they perform very well. Designed for everywhere you game, including all gaming platforms, PC, PlayStation, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, VR and mobile. For a price tag of under GBP 40, these headphones rival many other brands valued at twice the price.

Last edited by testman78; 02-16-2021 at 07:25 AM.