The plan was to take my powercolor liquid devil to extreme cooling since it was a good performer on water but finding a ln2 pot that fits and due to the 2 caps that's above the core meant that i would have to unsolder and put them on the back of the card. To avoid the unnecessary hassle i put the card for sale and picked up a strix card despite the bad rap with the stock cooler it has the best pcb, so i picked one up from MC testing the card it never overheated so i must've got one from the new batch.

i eventually hit a limit at 2250mhz with only 1.27v on air so i ordered a EK block quick

i installed the block but noticed the thermal pads didn't squeeze out the way they would normally.
also when i put the card in the case the card would separate from the block long story short its a design flaw as the top left corner has no support.

https://youtu.be/xWeIg5XKbwE

i decided to test it light load to check temps the core was excellent and the hotspot was on 20 degrees away from core temps but the memory and mem vrm was overheating i placed something to wedge the card up in the corner and the temps did improve. so i shut it down broke the card down and made a case with ek havent heard from the yet but i sent the block back to newegg

decided to just clean the computer out in my down time

after some searching i found that bits power and alpha cool had blocks with support in that corner i picked up the bitspower block and it had pad placement for every heat source on the card plus it allowed me to use the stock backplate..

got the system together and will test later