Thread: Sandberg Marble Stone Charger

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Marble Stone Charger

Introduction

A wireless charger is for anyone who owns a smartphone that supports the Qi wireless-charging standard and would like to charge it without plugging a cord into the phone itself. With a Qi charger you just rest your device on the charging pad to power it up. In mid-2019, Sandberg released a wireless charger with different colors and 'spots', just like marble. The market asked if the company wanted to produce real marble chargers and that's how the idea was born. The Sandberg Marble Stone Charger is a wireless charger puck compatible with any Qi wireless charging device - just like a million other devices out there. But this one is made from a solid block of marble. This gizmo combines the practicality of a wireless charger and the styling of marble. In the picture, a green stone is shown, but they are offered in different marbled designs. Four versions of the solid marble wireless chargers have now been released.

The Sandberg Marble Stone Charger has the following specifications:

Packaging & Contents

You open the case and you find the charging pad in a plastic case. I just loved the look of the product. Minimal branding, sleek design and it feels premium.

Moving at the rear we find a few words about the product in 24 languages right over the bundle contents and the product specifications.

A Closer Look

The exquisite design of this wireless charger is enhanced by the deep forest green marble from Taiwan.

It is USB-A powered but doesn't come with a USB AC adapter, but most people have plenty of those anyway.

It comes with a 3 ft. integrated cable power adapter. The cord is permanently attached to the puck, so if you want a longer or shorter cord, you're out of luck. Additionally, the carved notch that the cord enters the puck at on the charger is jagged, which has led to the beginning of a an abrasion fraying right where the cord enters the puck. On a non-replacable cable. And finally, it's USB-A. On a solid stone puck that's ostensibly supposed to last a while, it's unacceptable to use this old, outdated, phased out standard. It should be using USB-C.

Built-on over-voltage, under voltage, and short-circuit protection provides ultimate safety for your smartphone. 10w is the capacity.

On the bottom it's covered with a soft velvety black material, which makes for good non skid, non scratch performance. That velvet covering on the bottom is actually important, since the marble would any other soft surface.

Performance

One major complaint that I have with many wireless charging pads is that the actual charger is tiny compared to the size of the pad, so you have to position it just right for it to charge. This charger is elongated, so we naturally lay our phones to match the charger's orientation, roughly centered, and it just charges every time without missing, which is a huge deal. Having to pick up a phone and readjust it multiple times before you get the "ding" to let you know it's charging is very frustrating, and this charger didn't give us those problems. It charged without issue and the unit does not overheat (it does get warm).

It works great to charge all of my Qi charging devices. I use it daily to keep an iPhone and Airpods charged, and have also tried it on a number of android phones, and wireless battery packs. There's no indicator lights at all on the unit - so you verify charging using whatever charging indicator the device you need to charge has. I love this. While the cord is USB-A, it does charge up to 10W, if plugged into a compatible charger. My iPhone11Pro charges on this puck as fast as any other top-end wireless charger.

Final Thoughts

Wireless charging is slowly but surely becoming a very common part of the average consumer lifestyle, which is increasing the need for solutions like the Sandberg Marble Stone Charger. Crafted using real natural marble, the charger offers a design-conscious way to incorporate charging capabilities into your space without distracting from the overall style aesthetic of the environment. This speaks to those who want to maintain lifestyle efficiency that has been made possible thanks to technology like smartphones without having to settle for devices that are too ordinary. It's also bigger than I expected, which is a good thing, as I could just place my phone on it without having to fiddle with the positioning. The Sandberg Marble Stone Charger is Qi enabled, and supplies a full 10W of power. The Marble Stone Charger features an integrated cable for maximum resistance. If you're looking to use your own cable, or want the potentially added longevity of a connector that will take any cable, keep looking. If you want a lightweight charger for travel, of course this is not the one.

Sandberg Marble Stone Charger is a powerful and elegant wireless charger for smartphones, to charge without cables all compatible devices. Works great with the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, and is compatible with all Qi-enabled devices including the Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. If you're horrified by the prospect of an ugly plastic puck or stand cramping your home's style, then Sandberg's marble wireless charging pad could be right for you. This wireless charging pad features black, white, beige or green marble, with unique, contrasting vein patterns for an opulent look. The emerald green stone is carefully polished and then handcrafted to perfection to liven up any room setting. It fits seamlessly into your living space as well as with a functional purpose. Despite it being crafted from real marble, it is surprising not bank-breaking, costing just $69.99. Sandberg does have a strong reputation and also includes a 5 years warranty which covers your device if something happens during regular intended use of the Charger. If you're looking for a charging pad that stands out, then the Sandberg Marble Stone Charger does that.

Last edited by testman78; 04-30-2020 at 02:09 AM.

silver wall jumper X
    Thanks for the detailed review. Pointed me in the right direction for what I was looking for...a charger that can handle two phones at the same time.

Now if they would add a couple of LEDs to make the marble glow it would take it to the next level. Might try that out on my dual charger.