Thread: Asgard 250GB & 500GB NVMe M.2 2280 Review

Asgard 250GB & 500GB NVMe M.2 2280 Review

I have a new review for everyone today, but due to these forums ALWAYS losing some punctuation and symbols with copy/paste I'll be leaving an excerpt with a link to the full review. Excerpt will be left unedited as an example of some of the things this forum borks with copy/paste so hopefully someone can fix it.

Introduction

Today in another peoples review we will be looking at some rather unheard of NVMe drives from a largely unfamiliar Chinese manufacturer in these parts of the world called Shenzhen Jiahejinwei Electronics, they seem to have split their business in to several names including Asgard, Gloway, and POWEV. Information is patchy but POWEV seems to be the name used for their NAND manufacturing, Asgard appears to be used for their higher end M.2 SSD and DDR manufacturing, and finally Gloway which appear to be the name used for generally more budget minded SATA SSDs and DDR memory solutions.

With that slightly rough around the edges introduction it is time to push on and start taking a look at the Asgard AN Series M.2 NVMe drives I have here today, the 250GB retailing for ?26 and the 500GB retailing for ?42 the drives represent an interesting proposition, will Asgard reign supreme or crumble and fall just like in Thor Ragnarok? Let?s find out.

Read the full review here
    Last edited by Ket; 10-25-2019 at 07:07 AM.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs