Hi All : )

I for a very long time have always wanted to build a small and simple phase change system and after finally collecting the parts assembled a small system .

Its built to sit behind a AIO PC with a i5 3470 and a target load of 100-120W @ -5 , The compressor is a secop R600a 3cc delta .

I originally had the cap tube estimated by secops software with the data from the compressor spec sheet , 45C condensing , 32C return gas , 120W @ -5 Evap but I see this wasn't the best idea in this situation .

The result was 3.2 meters of 0.8mm capillary tube . I have this currently in the setup and while I get frost the load capacity is non existent .

These are the unloaded pressures / temps from a digital manifold
71 PSI high side
-4 inHg low side
Superheat 4K

From what I am seeing the 3.2m 0.8mm cap tube is to long for the 100W load ? I have looked around but am struggling on finding and answer to the length of cap tube I am looking for or how to go about calculating it , Any idea on the length or the direction to go in would be much apricated .

From what I also understand , When charging the system I will do it unloaded and aim for a superheat of around 6K , 6" from the compressor .

Here are some pics of the build .

IMG_20190730_193923 by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

IMG_20190731_195027 by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr