Great to see people posting here, old and new faces. For the first time in years I have new hardware so I can contribute again

Here's a different method for all core overclocking in Gigabytes X570i F3 bios (and probably exactly the same for the other GB boards too) bios. Likely its available to all manufacturers, dig around in the bios and see what you can find. Its even in MSI's B450i bios but limited to VID adjust only, no max boost limit.

What this does is as follows:

1) Links all cores and disables downclocking at idle exactly as per an all core manual overclock
2) Allows cores to park in CC6 mode as if you were NOT running a manual overclock
3) Allows you to set a max VID limit for load voltage requests to the cpu (I think - guessing based on results), the cpu scales its VID request exactly as per AMDs stock cpu behaviour. AVX will result in a lower VID request than MMX/SSE. Voltage will rise up to your maximum set turbo VID as load lessens, and at 0% load the core will park.
4) Clock stretching will not occur. If its not stable, it crashes. As long as it doesn't crash, performance scales perfectly with every 25mhz added. Tested with CB R20.
5) Completely bypasses processor FIT limits and gives you full manual control of all clock domains and voltages at all temperatures and loads. 130w+ for 4.4ghz+ on tiny cores. You need cooling.

You could probably combine this with Shamino's ccx tool thats floating around. I haven't tried yet, when I do though i'll start at low mhz and volts. The ccx tool can do crazy stuff to offset voltages, I dont yet know if it will affect this method of changing voltage.

I don't know if AMD's method of scaling voltage with load is better. It's stock behaviour, so they clearly think it is. A manual multi manual volts OC will always run the same voltage plus load droop (user adjustable). We try to keep idle and load as close as possible generally, but AMD seem quite happy to run up to 1.5v at max boost under incredibly light loads. I don't like seeing it personally, but i do quite like my cores to park rather than just sit at full speed full volts all the time. This way has both of those aspects covered.

Important - set your cpu voltage to Normal. Make sure nothing in windows is setting any offsets (Ryzen master or board oc software) either. Turn off PBO (shown in bios screens below, why is it in two places ffs Gigabyte?).

Voltage limits: AMDRobert on reddit has stated 1.35v for intense loads and 1.425v for light loads is completely safe provided its cooled properly. I'm sticking to this for now, that seems high to me for 7nm. Choose your voltage based on your own feelings on this.

First here are the money shots...

All core oc with core parking enabled (CC6 mode - 0.200v core voltage indicates a parked core)
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4400_allcore_parked_cores.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	132605

Cinebench running with scaled load VID request (VID request reduced from light load 1.425v to around 1.36v)

Name:	4400_allcore_cineR20.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	291.1 KB 
ID:	132604

Realbench running with scaled load VID request (VID request reduced from light load 1.425v to around 1.37v)

Name:	4400_allcore_realbench.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	132603

Further examples of VID scaling - SuperPi only calls 1.39v, Maxxmem bench stays above 1.4v. Again, this is AMD default behaviour, the "is it actually better?" question is for you to decide

Bios Setup Shots:

Tweaker: Make sure your cpu vcore is set to "Normal"

Name:	Bios_Tweaker.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	132596

Bios Settings: CBS menu and AMD overclocking menu are tucked away in here. Go to CBS first.

Name:	Bios_Settings_1.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	132595

CBS section: Set cTDP and PPT limits manually, then go into the XFR section

Name:	Bios_Settings_CBS.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	132598

XFR section: This is where you set your FCLK, UCLK ratio and VDDG voltage (this must also be set in the AMD overclocking section, confusing much?) for memory overclocking. Not relevant for this guide though, so select "Accepted" and move on...

Name:	Bios_Settings_CBS_XFR.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	132597

XFR PBO section: Turn off PBO and disable the scalar. Now go back to the settings page and enter the "AMD Overclocking" section.

Name:	Bios_Settings_CBS_XFR_PB.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	132600

AMD Overclocking Section: We need to turn off PBO (again) first, so go to the Precision boost section.

Name:	Bios_Settings_AMDOC.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	132599

Precision Boost section: Disable PBO again, then go back to the main AMD overclocking page and go to the Manual CPU Overclocking page.

Name:	Bios_Settings_AMDOC_PBO.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	132601

Set your max cpu speed in mhz and your max low load VID in millivolts. My example below is for 1.425v light load and will drop to 1.35v for AVX512 (though I dont recommend hammering AVX tests at high clocks, it eats hardware)

Name:	Bios_Settings_AMDOC_ManualOC.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	132602

In Intel speak this is MCE with a user defined max VID and no Speedstep, but with AMD's cc6 core parking enabled for idling sprinkled on top. I hope some of you find it useful, I'm just glad to be rid of clock stretching.

Cheers,
PiLsY (mostly retired)