Thread: 1/2+ hp Single Stage Build

Threaded View

Xtreme Member
    A larger efficient condenser can increase efficiency when the expansion device is set correctly for it, assuming the smaller condenser was increasing high side and getting warm. Less strain on the compressor from lower high side pressure is the reason for it. As for evaporator surface area I don't know what evap he is using, I used to just use a pipe cap and piece of pipe to make a hollow flooded evap that worked great, then I drilled pitting holes in a thick bottom plate with a drill press and both worked well. Finally I used a huge stepper evap I bought with a lot of surface area and it kind of sucked since there was too much mass and not enough surface area and volume. You can get a lot of surface area in a small evap, not a big issue really.

I know what an accumulator and receiver is, I just don't think he had an accumulator since he doesn't need it. He used to have a receiver but I told him that was not needed for capillary tube and he got rid of it and it increased the performance. Neither should be in a small single stage unit like this. I think a language barrier might be a problem here.

I haven't tried to cool a cpu in a awhile since it doesn't seem to be worth it anymore and I am not into extreme overclocking like I used to be. I am more into refrigeration and making autocascades occasionally, that's why I hang around in this forum sometimes. I use my autocascade for testing and cooling a beer super fast haha. An autocascade can cool a beer nicely.
    Last edited by aenigma; 10-29-2019 at 07:57 PM.